Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 12-14-2017, 05:07 AM

Quora - Spam or No Spam

I create blog posts and post them on Quora as answers to questions that people are looking for. I usually add an excerpt and then ask the users to follow the link to read further. now, if a question has been asked by 10 different people in quora (of course with different verbiages) and I reply to each of them. Will I any way be spamming... In short, i am submitting the same link on quora multiple times.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2017, 12:45 PM

Quora is a site designed to provide information, but all you are providing is part of the information then a link away from the site. I would call that spamming.

What is wrong with using Quora as it is meant to be used?

Add the full information on Quora, and then if you answer similar questions you can simply say, 'this has already been answered, here is a link (on Quora) to my answer'

That way:
  • You use Quora as it is meant to be used.
  • You publish a decent article (with a single link back to your site if you must).
  • Anyone searching Quora will find your article.
  • You are not providing endless links back to your site from a single other site.
  • Anyone searching Google will find the Quora information.

If your intention of being on Quora is to provide information to other Quora users, then the above fits the bill. However, if your only intention of being on Quora is to spam the users in an attempt to get them to visit your site, then yes, that is exactly what it is, spamming.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Dayani View Post
I create blog posts and post them on Quora as answers to questions that people are looking for. I usually add an excerpt and then ask the users to follow the link to read further. now, if a question has been asked by 10 different people in quora (of course with different verbiages) and I reply to each of them. Will I any way be spamming... In short, i am submitting the same link on quora multiple times.
Are you intending to just drop links everywhere? As your post concludes to it as if you are worried to be detected as a spammer if you drop the same link multiple times.

You might have multiple links to target, why dont you divide them and target each of them?

Old 12-15-2017, 08:25 AM

I tried just dropping links in relivant questions a few month back and within days my domain was blacklisted. I ticketed support and managed to get it back on the white list. I now post relivant answers to questions and naturally add my links, so far its going well.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun-m View Post
I tried just dropping links in relivant questions a few month back and within days my domain was blacklisted. I ticketed support and managed to get it back on the white list. I now post relivant answers to questions and naturally add my links, so far its going well.
HI Shaun, I post answers to relevant questions only. I add an excerpt and then the link.

If a question has been asked 10 times by different people , then do you post reply for each of those questions or only one?

Old 12-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Dayani View Post

If a question has been asked 10 times by different people , then do you post reply for each of those questions or only one?
Leave a link to your website only in one answer(for same question). If the same question is asked by different users, just link your quora link where you answered the question before.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum