Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-22-2017, 05:13 AM

Question How can i check spam link & remove it ?

How can i check spam link & remove it ? Please help me.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2017, 12:24 PM

You could use a tool like AHRefs to see what links are pointing to your domain and then try the Google disavow tool.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

First don't follow the lame advice in post #2...

2nd - Go run your business and don't worry about backlinks...

Old 12-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Contributing Member

There are many tools available to check the spammy links and you can disavow them making the list of those spammy links and can request Google for disavow them.

As Ord said don't worry about backlinks, do this if you do not do any spamming activity and you are sure about it. But, sometimes your competitor do this job for you. So, be worry about it.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

You know I own well over 100 domains - different websites and different businesses. I don't build links for none of them, I don't chase links nor search for backlinks, I spend time running my business - not chasing mythical backlinks that many claim to be top ranking factors.

I obtain natural links through quality content and I certainly don't use any worthless tools to see what those links are - I don't care. Yes I do have top rankings.

The day people learn to focus on their business and not chasing competition, using worthless tools (ie: moz, ahres, and etc.), and building spammy links - is the day they will start to see results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumit_Kumar View Post
There are many tools available to check the spammy links and you can disavow them making the list of those spammy links and can request Google for disavow them.

As Ord said don't worry about backlinks, do this if you do not do any spamming activity and you are sure about it. But, sometimes your competitor do this job for you. So, be worry about it.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:34 AM
Contributing Member

There are tools available for the same which can help you with finding spamy links like Semrush is one the best... and regarding removing spamy links you can use google webmaster disavow tool for the same...

Old 12-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itmart View Post
A good question. There is no sure shot way to identify a spam link. However, I suggest using Google webmaster tools. There you can find the back links and visit any web pages that you suspect to be spam links and request the webmaster to remove those links from linking to your site. If they remain after repeated requests, you can raise a disavow request with google or other search engines so that they remove those bad links for ranking your web page.

Google recommends that webmasters report any spam pages using their reporting tool for spam.

Please check out this link on how to report and disavow bad links: https://support.google.com/webmaster.../2648487?hl=en

Old 12-24-2017, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
You know I own well over 100 domains - different websites and different businesses. I don't build links for none of them, I don't chase links nor search for backlinks, I spend time running my business - not chasing mythical backlinks that many claim to be top ranking factors.

I obtain natural links through quality content and I certainly don't use any worthless tools to see what those links are - I don't care. Yes I do have top rankings.

The day people learn to focus on their business and not chasing competition, using worthless tools (ie: moz, ahres, and etc.), and building spammy links - is the day they will start to see results.
Hi Ord,
The question was simple, what tools should be used to determine the spammy backlinks. And, I appreciate your advice to focus on the natural links but if suddenly your website ranking going down and you have no idea what happened? So, what will you do? I think you will check the spammy links to your website. It is not about who build the spammy links it just the question about how to check.
I apologize if I express my opinions in wrong way.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Have you checked your backlinks in SEO MOZ? One of the metrics they have is called a "SPAM Score" which I think is the answer you are looking for.

As for the removal process, you can either use the Google Disavow Tool or get in touch with every single domain owner whose domain would appear to have a high SPAM score.

Last edited by gerbertsteinmann; 12-26-2017 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Thank you.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:03 AM

Hi,

Just check your website's backlinks on Moz tool, "Open Explorer". There is a metrics called "Spam Score". Check the spam score of your website's backlinks.

For removing the bad backlinks, use the Google Disavow Tool.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Contributing Member

I would ignore it and move on... So many other things could be done to take care of your business while you wasting time chasing after backlinks. I am just saying because I have been in business for well over 20 years online. Sure I made the same mistakes many many years ago - I would chase competition, spend time "link building", spent massive time trying to get bad links removed and etc.

When I stopped wasting all that time I found out that my business tripled due to the fact I focused all my time on my business and not trivial stuff like this that we are discussing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumit_Kumar View Post
Hi Ord,
The question was simple, what tools should be used to determine the spammy backlinks. And, I appreciate your advice to focus on the natural links but if suddenly your website ranking going down and you have no idea what happened? So, what will you do? I think you will check the spammy links to your website. It is not about who build the spammy links it just the question about how to check.
I apologize if I express my opinions in wrong way.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
You can get the list of backlink via your webmaster tool and you can use other tools such as ahref, moz, majestic seo etc etc.

Once you get the list of backlinks you need to analysis the links and if you found any link spam or bad, you can sent them link removal request. If your link not removed after that mail then you can add all those type of links in a file and disavow that file via webmaster..

Old 12-27-2017, 02:35 AM
Banned

By using SEO Spyglass and Ahrefs can able to check the spam link. With the Disavow tool can be able to remove the spam link.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloshout View Post
Hi,

Just check your website's backlinks on Moz tool, "Open Explorer". There is a metrics called "Spam Score". Check the spam score of your website's backlinks.

For removing the bad backlinks, use the Google Disavow Tool.
Yeah, I know Moz has the Spam Score metrics. Do you think it really works?

Old 12-27-2017, 08:37 AM

you can check it using free toll MOZ and remove by disavow in webmaster tool.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:35 AM

You need some tools for spam link checker.

google decision penalty a web site for How many spam link .

You can check the list of back links through your webmaster account or you can use some back link checker tool such as majestic seo, backlinkwatch tool etc.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:40 AM

check through google search console, moz, majestic, ahref, SEM RUSH

Old 03-14-2018, 01:10 PM

I think a good part about running your business IS to check your spammy backlinks! For a successful business, you need everything about your business to be successful. This includes your website. For me, I use Monitor Backlinks[.]com. It's free to use and has helped me, my website, and my business out a lot. I also would recommend all of the other websites that have been posted on this thread. Don't just rely on one website to tell you all of your spammy links! Not every website can track down every spammy link. Use multiple links to check for spam linking to your website. Hope this helps!

Old 03-29-2018, 12:28 AM

Moz tool and open explorer have an option checking spam score, you can get it from there

Old 03-29-2018, 01:12 PM

The very simple way to check your spam links, Go to the MOZ official website or directly write "Open Explorer" in google, it would give you a top link, open it and enter your desire domain name. It will fetch long list of all domains where your site linked with it...With each domain there is a "Spam Score" you can check, if the Spam Score is larger than 1 or 2 open that site and remove link from that page.

I hope this little guide help you..thanks

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread