Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2017, 05:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 09-14-17
Location: kolkata
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Question How can i check spam link & remove it ?

How can i check spam link & remove it ? Please help me.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2017, 12:24 PM
shaun-m's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 06-08-16
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You could use a tool like AHRefs to see what links are pointing to your domain and then try the Google disavow tool.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2017, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,067
iTrader: 0 / 0%
First don't follow the lame advice in post #2...

2nd - Go run your business and don't worry about backlinks...
__________________
Las Vegas Events And Shows - Las Vegas Arts And Crafts Expo Feb 10 - 11, 2018 Valentine's Day Shopping Extravaganza
 
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 09-04-17
Location: DELHI, INDIA
Posts: 62
iTrader: 0 / 0%
There are many tools available to check the spammy links and you can disavow them making the list of those spammy links and can request Google for disavow them.

As Ord said don't worry about backlinks, do this if you do not do any spamming activity and you are sure about it. But, sometimes your competitor do this job for you. So, be worry about it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2017, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,067
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You know I own well over 100 domains - different websites and different businesses. I don't build links for none of them, I don't chase links nor search for backlinks, I spend time running my business - not chasing mythical backlinks that many claim to be top ranking factors.

I obtain natural links through quality content and I certainly don't use any worthless tools to see what those links are - I don't care. Yes I do have top rankings.

The day people learn to focus on their business and not chasing competition, using worthless tools (ie: moz, ahres, and etc.), and building spammy links - is the day they will start to see results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumit_Kumar View Post
There are many tools available to check the spammy links and you can disavow them making the list of those spammy links and can request Google for disavow them.

As Ord said don't worry about backlinks, do this if you do not do any spamming activity and you are sure about it. But, sometimes your competitor do this job for you. So, be worry about it.
__________________
Las Vegas Events And Shows - Las Vegas Arts And Crafts Expo Feb 10 - 11, 2018 Valentine's Day Shopping Extravaganza
 
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2017, 12:34 AM
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-12-13
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 367
iTrader: 0 / 0%
There are tools available for the same which can help you with finding spamy links like Semrush is one the best... and regarding removing spamy links you can use google webmaster disavow tool for the same...
__________________
Seo Company Mumbai. A Result oriented seo service for small business. Also visit for more seo tips & tricks.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Posts: 167
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by itmart View Post
How can i check spam link & remove it ? Please help me.
A good question. There is no sure shot way to identify a spam link. However, I suggest using Google webmaster tools. There you can find the back links and visit any web pages that you suspect to be spam links and request the webmaster to remove those links from linking to your site. If they remain after repeated requests, you can raise a disavow request with google or other search engines so that they remove those bad links for ranking your web page.

Google recommends that webmasters report any spam pages using their reporting tool for spam.

Please check out this link on how to report and disavow bad links: https://support.google.com/webmaster.../2648487?hl=en
__________________
AnandSoft Blog
AnandSoft
 
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-24-2017, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 09-04-17
Location: DELHI, INDIA
Posts: 62
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
You know I own well over 100 domains - different websites and different businesses. I don't build links for none of them, I don't chase links nor search for backlinks, I spend time running my business - not chasing mythical backlinks that many claim to be top ranking factors.

I obtain natural links through quality content and I certainly don't use any worthless tools to see what those links are - I don't care. Yes I do have top rankings.

The day people learn to focus on their business and not chasing competition, using worthless tools (ie: moz, ahres, and etc.), and building spammy links - is the day they will start to see results.
Hi Ord,
The question was simple, what tools should be used to determine the spammy backlinks. And, I appreciate your advice to focus on the natural links but if suddenly your website ranking going down and you have no idea what happened? So, what will you do? I think you will check the spammy links to your website. It is not about who build the spammy links it just the question about how to check.
I apologize if I express my opinions in wrong way.
 
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2017, 03:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 10-17-17
Posts: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by itmart View Post
How can i check spam link & remove it ? Please help me.
Have you checked your backlinks in SEO MOZ? One of the metrics they have is called a "SPAM Score" which I think is the answer you are looking for.

As for the removal process, you can either use the Google Disavow Tool or get in touch with every single domain owner whose domain would appear to have a high SPAM score.

Last edited by gerbertsteinmann; 12-26-2017 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Thank you.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2017, 06:03 AM
sloshout's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-26-17
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hi,

Just check your website's backlinks on Moz tool, "Open Explorer". There is a metrics called "Spam Score". Check the spam score of your website's backlinks.

For removing the bad backlinks, use the Google Disavow Tool.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,067
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I would ignore it and move on... So many other things could be done to take care of your business while you wasting time chasing after backlinks. I am just saying because I have been in business for well over 20 years online. Sure I made the same mistakes many many years ago - I would chase competition, spend time "link building", spent massive time trying to get bad links removed and etc.

When I stopped wasting all that time I found out that my business tripled due to the fact I focused all my time on my business and not trivial stuff like this that we are discussing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumit_Kumar View Post
Hi Ord,
The question was simple, what tools should be used to determine the spammy backlinks. And, I appreciate your advice to focus on the natural links but if suddenly your website ranking going down and you have no idea what happened? So, what will you do? I think you will check the spammy links to your website. It is not about who build the spammy links it just the question about how to check.
I apologize if I express my opinions in wrong way.
__________________
Las Vegas Events And Shows - Las Vegas Arts And Crafts Expo Feb 10 - 11, 2018 Valentine's Day Shopping Extravaganza
 
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2017, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-12-17
Posts: 58
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by itmart View Post
How can i check spam link & remove it ? Please help me.
You can get the list of backlink via your webmaster tool and you can use other tools such as ahref, moz, majestic seo etc etc.

Once you get the list of backlinks you need to analysis the links and if you found any link spam or bad, you can sent them link removal request. If your link not removed after that mail then you can add all those type of links in a file and disavow that file via webmaster..
 
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2017, 02:35 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-07-17
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
By using SEO Spyglass and Ahrefs can able to check the spam link. With the Disavow tool can be able to remove the spam link.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2017, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 05-02-14
Posts: 167
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloshout View Post
Hi,

Just check your website's backlinks on Moz tool, "Open Explorer". There is a metrics called "Spam Score". Check the spam score of your website's backlinks.

For removing the bad backlinks, use the Google Disavow Tool.
Yeah, I know Moz has the Spam Score metrics. Do you think it really works?
__________________
Increase your business productivity Time Attendance System Dubai
Secure your premises with Access Control System Dubai
 
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2017, 08:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-26-17
Location: India
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
you can check it using free toll MOZ and remove by disavow in webmaster tool.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to remove disavow link from google ? chinmay Google Forum 3 09-27-2017 06:14 AM
How to check which is spam link migratetonet SEO Forum 3 03-20-2017 05:59 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.