Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-11-2018, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppanday View Post
no follow link not give backlinks it only give you traffic on your website
Um, that's a hard no. A link with the nofollow attribute is a backlink. And, you have to comprehend, that even links with the nofollow attribute can be found by Google. That's why if you have a backlink profile (which I'm kinda thinking you don't - but if you did), you'd see both types of links.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2018, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppanday View Post
no follow link not give backlinks it only give you traffic on your website
What do you mean by 'no-follow links are not backlinks'? Even a link if it has a no-follow attribute in it is considered as a backlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun-m View Post
It is and I maybe wrong but I see no way that a script on your server is able to tell you that someone has linked to you from their domain without outside help from other tools.

In all honesty, I'm just not buying the stuff you have been posting in this thread, it seems that the majority of your early comments about no follow links were base on pure opinion. I called you out on it, you referenced some "deleted" thread you posted years back and said other members would vouch for you, they haven't while still having posted in this thread.

You claim the business in your signature is part of a $250,000 a year business you own but a quick search on social media for that same company and there is minimal mention of it other than the stuff you push out from your personal accounts that get minimal interaction from other people.

A quick google search and there doesn't seem to be any media websites talking about it other than some random blog. Is affiliatemark.com your blog? It's the only thing really talking about it and AHRefs suggests it is the only thing linking to the artsandcraftsexpo.com domain other than this forum.

You also seem to own/have something to do with the forum [removed] that has managed to get a grand total of 1,350 members since its creation either in or before 2014.

I know this post has gone a bit off topic but you seem to be attempting to portray an image as a successful marketer/business owner when IMO it seems the total opposite it true.

It's ok to have an opinion on nofollow links, just admit that it was only your opinion when called out on it rather than make stuff up in an attempt to sell it as fact and push some image you want of yourself.
Hey hey, cool it off man. No personal attacking please.

And have you guys looked the OP had already bolted.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Administrator

There is a polite way to disagree and there is a rude way to disagree.

Those who disagree ask politely for backup to one's statement.

And those who make a statement - providing backup information supporting your statement will help avoid the challenges. This includes the "seasoned" marketers.

Let's get back on track with comments on the original article offered for discussion.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:16 PM

All links are not created equal. There is a clear difference in value between dofollow and no follow. My advice is to create as many high auth do follows and then build a substantive nofollow link strategy. No follows bring in traffic, and indicate relevance.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdevel View Post
All links are not created equal. There is a clear difference in value between dofollow and no follow. My advice is to create as many high auth do follows and then build a substantive nofollow link strategy. No follows bring in traffic, and indicate relevance.
What part of this was not clear?

Old 01-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, I have nofollow links on my blog. Only a few third-party links are not nofollow for the sake of courtesy and gratitude.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

There is no such thing as dofollow links...

Please explain why you "think" there is a clear difference and please do provide AUTHORITY resources for your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdevel View Post

Old 01-12-2018, 01:27 AM

There are many websites which gives no follow link inorder to reduce moron spammers, but these websites are good inorder to generate more traffics for eg quora.com

Old 01-28-2018, 11:38 PM
Banned

If you have website then create 80% doffollow backlinks and 20% noffollow backlinks this the best practice for seo..

Old 01-29-2018, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musskan View Post
If you have website then create 80% doffollow backlinks and 20% noffollow backlinks this the best practice for seo..
You "think", so, you throw out a couple of numbers that kind of look good to you, and that's your advice?

I seriously hope you don't do this sort of thing for a living. Because if you did, and if by some strange reason I was one of your customers, I'd want my money back yesterday!

Old 01-29-2018, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member

I feel comfortable saying that nofollow links definitely help your SEO, although most of the benefits are probably indirect. The exposure associated with a high-profile nofollow link is well worth the effort and contributes positively to your visibility in search results, as well as sending direct referral traffic and improving brand reach. It also appears to be almost indisputable that nofollow links help pages get indexed.

Itís more speculative to say that nofollow links can, in some cases, directly improve your rankings, and I wonít commit to a statement that strong. What I can say is that search engines reserve the right to ignore the nofollow tag, and I suspect that they do for some links they view as editorially placed and trustworthy.
Perhaps more importantly, if your link-building strategy places importance on whether or not a link is nofollowed, then you are using the wrong link-building strategy. Google guidelines have been clear on this for a very long time. If youíre doing something just for the SEO value, itís probably a violation of the Google guidelines.
Your link-building strategies should be focused on building exposure that leads to organic SEO signals. That is where the real value is.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:31 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua7 View Post
I feel comfortable saying that nofollow links definitely help your SEO, although most of the benefits are probably indirect. The exposure associated with a high-profile nofollow link is well worth the effort and contributes positively to your visibility in search results, as well as sending direct referral traffic and improving brand reach. It also appears to be almost indisputable that nofollow links help pages get indexed.

Itís more speculative to say that nofollow links can, in some cases, directly improve your rankings, and I wonít commit to a statement that strong. What I can say is that search engines reserve the right to ignore the nofollow tag, and I suspect that they do for some links they view as editorially placed and trustworthy.
Perhaps more importantly, if your link-building strategy places importance on whether or not a link is nofollowed, then you are using the wrong link-building strategy. Google guidelines have been clear on this for a very long time. If youíre doing something just for the SEO value, itís probably a violation of the Google guidelines.
Your link-building strategies should be focused on building exposure that leads to organic SEO signals. That is where the real value is.
Check your own link profile - if you have one. Then, analyze the links. If you a good sampling (at least a few hundred),I'm sure you will find a good number of said links with the "nofollow" attribute.

The last time I looked (which wasn't very recently though), out of the several thousands of links in our profile, there were quite a lot of nofollow links. Not the majority by any means, but certainly enough to notice.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:29 AM
Contributing Member

How do you create a dofollow backlink ? Just wondering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musskan View Post

Old 01-30-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chima91 View Post
Dofollow links are more useful than nofollow link.
There is no such thing as a do follow link really

It's either a no follow link, or just a link

Old 01-30-2018, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
How do you create a dofollow backlink ? Just wondering...
Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
There is no such thing as a do follow link really

It's either a no follow link, or just a link
The problem is, there are so many sources out there (and I use that term "sources" very, very loosely) that refer to links without the nofollow attribute as "dofollow", that even if all of us worked full-time, 10 hours a day putting our efforts into dispelling this baseless made-up term as being false or incorrect, we'd barely make a dent.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
A link is a link period! Only a moron would say nofollow links are worthless...

I have no attributes on any of my links on my sites because I don't sell advertising.

The attribute nofollow was created to mark paid ads - over the years MANY have twisted what it was meant for and what it means.
Yes, a link us a link and you mentioned clear answer on how actually that name came to it. But generally people are thinking bad about nofollow links which is not necessary.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:17 PM

This thread is awesome

Thanks, for the great discussions.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:40 PM

I seo jet really helpful?

Old 01-31-2018, 12:06 AM
Contributing Member

You are very correct my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
The problem is, there are so many sources out there (and I use that term "sources" very, very loosely) that refer to links without the nofollow attribute as "dofollow", that even if all of us worked full-time, 10 hours a day putting our efforts into dispelling this baseless made-up term as being false or incorrect, we'd barely make a dent.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:56 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, I have no follow links to my website www.readmebro.com

because only do follow links will indicate your promotion to search engines, so try to get no follow links also, its good for website trust.

as per search engine guidelines can get 70 % of do follow website 30% no follow website backlinks.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread