Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 01-29-2018, 01:06 AM
Contributing Member

PageRank Vs. Mozrank

Which one is best to measure the ranking of a page?And which one is considered more affected by google crawlers?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2018, 04:05 AM
Contributing Member

MozRank refers to Moz's logarithmically scaled 10-point measure of global, raw link equity, colloquially referred to as link “popularity.” MozRank is very similar in purpose to the measures of static importance (link importance independent of a specific query) that are used by search engines, such as Google's PageRank.

Google has officially shutdown its pagerank tool.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:03 AM
Contributing Member

In Early days Google uses to share PR rank of a particular web page, On a scale of 1 - 10 higher the PR score higher the site will rank in Google SERP's, But it 2-3 years back it stop sharing the PR Score to 3rd party tools and extension. Which left us with Moz bar. Which gives score to a Website on PA (page authority) and DA (Domain authority) on a scale of 1-100 it judges website on the more than 200 ranking parameters higher the PA/DA there will be chances that a website will rank higher in google SERP's.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:42 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraajverma View Post
MozRank refers to Moz's logarithmically scaled 10-point measure of global, raw link equity, colloquially referred to as link “popularity.” MozRank is very similar in purpose to the measures of static importance (link importance independent of a specific query) that are used by search engines, such as Google's PageRank.

Google has officially shutdown its pagerank tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlbrewster View Post
In Early days Google uses to share PR rank of a particular web page, On a scale of 1 - 10 higher the PR score higher the site will rank in Google SERP's, But it 2-3 years back it stop sharing the PR Score to 3rd party tools and extension. Which left us with Moz bar. Which gives score to a Website on PA (page authority) and DA (Domain authority) on a scale of 1-100 it judges website on the more than 200 ranking parameters higher the PA/DA there will be chances that a website will rank higher in google SERP's.
TBPR is gone and no one knows what a given pages rank is any longer, while thousands of SEO wannabees have turned to and are now obsessing over a metric that is not part of any search engine algorithm. And as it is, I wouldn't touch a drop of the Kool-Aid that's being handed out over there.

However, to further dissect this anomalous sect, they way Moz stats are determined and the method on which they are gathered is proprietary to Moz, and Moz only. That said, you've got to concede that this cannot in any way be an accurate representation of a pages worth or standing on the internet as we have no idea what kind of sample size were talking about. Why? Because Moz stats are only gathered from those sites that have installed their information tool gathering tool bar on their site. And even if we know how many Moz flag bearers there are out there, we don't know how many users are not in love with Moz stats. So you can see, the calculations are proprietary, and the amount of data is very, very limited.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:05 AM
Contributing Member

Both are irrelevant.

PR is not public anymore and MOZ is a third party metrics that has nothing to do with the SERP's.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

I think there is no the best.
Basically, mR depends upon the ability of webpage to gather links from several popular pages, whereas PR depends upon backlinks of other sites holding high PR linked to it.
1. One of the most vital features which let mR take a point over PR is the accuracy of score. It provides SEOs with a more precise interpretation, e.g. 4.75 instead of just 4 (as measured by PR).
2. MozRank passed is the measurement of the value of an individual link. Some subtitles, link dampening, duplicate links are examined and taken into account. Thus, this increases the accuracy of score value.
3. The mR tool is updated frequently due to which it assigns a precise rank to web page, allowing users to tally their websites SEO effectiveness.
4. The PR’s algorithm includes factors, such as the size of a page, the number of changes, the past updated time, etc whereas mR includes link popularity on major search engines, popularity on the blogosphere, Wikipedia links, traffic rank, etc.
5. The other positive side of mR is that there is rapid progress in their ranking system, faster than PR. However, at higher the values, there needs a lot of work play.
6. Operating on the same algorithm as mR, Domain-level MozRank (DmR) computes for both subdomains and root domains. It’s applicable to the domain- level link graph, where an additional insight of individual pages under the respective domain is offered by DmR.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua7 View Post
I think there is no the best.
Basically, mR depends upon the ability of webpage to gather links from several popular pages, whereas PR depends upon backlinks of other sites holding high PR linked to it.
1. One of the most vital features which let mR take a point over PR is the accuracy of score. It provides SEOs with a more precise interpretation, e.g. 4.75 instead of just 4 (as measured by PR).
2. MozRank passed is the measurement of the value of an individual link. Some subtitles, link dampening, duplicate links are examined and taken into account. Thus, this increases the accuracy of score value.
3. The mR tool is updated frequently due to which it assigns a precise rank to web page, allowing users to tally their websites SEO effectiveness.
4. The PR’s algorithm includes factors, such as the size of a page, the number of changes, the past updated time, etc whereas mR includes link popularity on major search engines, popularity on the blogosphere, Wikipedia links, traffic rank, etc.
5. The other positive side of mR is that there is rapid progress in their ranking system, faster than PR. However, at higher the values, there needs a lot of work play.
6. Operating on the same algorithm as mR, Domain-level MozRank (DmR) computes for both subdomains and root domains. It’s applicable to the domain- level link graph, where an additional insight of individual pages under the respective domain is offered by DmR.

If I interview 20 people out of a possible 1,000,000. Should anyone assume the data I gather from this small group is de facto standard?

Old 01-30-2018, 01:18 AM
Contributing Member

Simply amazing how a company that has 100% nothing to do with any Search Engine Ranking, Nothing to do with Search engine optimization, Nothing to do with any rankings on or with ANY website - Continues to scam people!!

You would think you people would learn after so many scamming companies but NOPE! you continue to fall for the bullchit! Simply amazing!

First it was Alexa, Then SEMRush, Now Moz (not to mention a few other wannabe companies in between those)... What is wrong with you people ???

PageRank has always been useless and always will be - it is not even public!

Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks every one for providing such useful information.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:06 PM
Contributing Member

Page rank is dead and no more page rank importance in Google search which is clearly stated by Google employees officially. But it is also clear that if not Page Rank, something else will influence your rank, you can call it as driving force or X factor. There will continous and dynamic changes happen in Google search so if not PR something else would definitely affects ranking, keep learning and adapt the change if you are a career SEO.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:50 PM

Back-Links Importance:

Thanks for quality thoughts. What i feel is back-links are Important too.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavani25 View Post
Page rank is dead and no more page rank importance in Google search which is clearly stated by Google employees officially.
False!

@pavnini, that is the most incorrect statement of rubbish I've come across here in some time.

PageRank is alive and well and still a strong ranking signal. It's just not public any longer.

Where the heck do you guys get this stuff??

Old 01-30-2018, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabimeo View Post
Thanks for quality thoughts. What i feel is back-links are Important too.
Yes, 'quality backlinks' just to correct you.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:04 AM
Contributing Member

So you work for Google ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavani25 View Post
Page rank is dead and no more page rank importance in Google search which is clearly stated by Google employees officially. But it is also clear that if not Page Rank, something else will influence your rank, you can call it as driving force or X factor. There will continous and dynamic changes happen in Google search so if not PR something else would definitely affects ranking, keep learning and adapt the change if you are a career SEO.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:11 AM
Contributing Member

Instead of page rank now search engines are following page authority and domain authority to rank a website.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:28 AM
Contributing Member

Oh really ? Who told you that lie ?

I pity your clients... Moz has 100% nothing to do with any search engine or rankings - they are LYING to you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniemay96 View Post
Instead of page rank now search engines are following page authority and domain authority to rank a website.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I wonder sometimes if you are purposely trying to look "clued out", and then I wonder how hard it is for you to achieve this state of mind.

(I know, I know - this post should probably be in the "What are you thinking" thread.)

Old 01-31-2018, 06:28 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Where the f do you clowns get this info from?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum