Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-21-2018, 04:47 AM
Banned

Page Load Time in SEO ?

Is there any importance of page load time in SEO? My website have a page load time of 10 seconds approximately? Please suggest your ideas.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2018, 12:57 AM
Contributing Member

Hey,

To me personally 10 seconds is too much. Nobody waits that long. Depending on the type of the app you use ( WP, Joomla!, Magento, PrestaShop) you may look for some caching solution. If you share your website, I can analyse it further and be more specific with the suggestions.

And yes....the speed matters

Old 02-22-2018, 10:38 PM

Page load time of 10 seconds is not poor condition.Page size is huge factor in quick page loading. Precisely the Google guys wish for, that your site should be light weight and load quickly. So you try to decrease your page weight.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:23 AM
Banned

10 seconds is poor. The website speed must be less than 5 seconds if it is more than 5 seconds then your keywords rank may be down and the audience will be skipping from your website. So make it up to 5 seconds by helping your developer.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

According to Google page speed checker, the ideal loading speed of a page should be 3 sec. But most of the time it is impossible to achieve this figure. But if you can reduce your loading time up to 5 sec. then this is far better than 10 sec.

Use these tactics to improve your loading speed
1. Use CDN to deliver your content
2. Compress image size
3. Use simple theme
4. Reduce the server response time

Old 02-23-2018, 10:30 PM

i think 4-5 seconds is okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam657 View Post
Is there any importance of page load time in SEO? My website have a page load time of 10 seconds approximately? Please suggest your ideas.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Where exactly does Google show this information?
I don't think you will reply back on this most of folk are kidding here

Old 02-25-2018, 02:15 PM

First, yes, the page speed is a ranking factor that Google uses and officially announced. Second, 10 seconds, based on what? On your own test or using a monitoring tool like Pingdom etc? Sometimes, the browser may have a problem getting data from the servers because of many things like a theme or a plugin. So, it's better to test one page of your site across multiple browsers first, then, use Google page speed testing tool.

Also, if you're using WordPress, try deactivating all plugins and activate them one by one and see the difference. If there is a plugin that's outdated and causes the slow loading time, you'll need to replace it or remove it. Same thing for your theme? Is it well optimized, updated?

If you're using a web hosting with cPanel, there is a tool called "optimize website" or "website compression", you can use that tool to compress all your site files including images, Text, Code etc... And that will save you like 70% of the site size, and increase the speed. So, give that a try first.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:01 PM

I know on my business page I used to have a really nice looking theme (it's built on wordpress) but it took like six seconds to load. I had a high bounce rate on the main page where it took the longest to load. I streamlined the site and dropped a lot of the flourishes to get it under three seconds. Not only did bounce rate go down but ranking improved.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crismanaon View Post
I don't think you will reply back on this most of folk are kidding here
I guess I shouldn't reply back here because it appears my original post has been removed.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:41 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam657 View Post
Page load time is the time it takes to download and display the entire content of a web page in the browser window. If your website page too much time in loading, it can impact on the engagement of users on your site. So try to reduce the page load time as low as possible.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by infosteve View Post
Page load time is the time it takes to download and display the entire content of a web page in the browser window. If your website page too much time in loading, it can impact on the engagement of users on your site. So try to reduce the page load time as low as possible.
Did someone ask for a fluffy definition of the term "page load time" when I wasn't looking??

Old 02-27-2018, 09:17 AM
Contributing Member

Page load time of 10 seconds is quite slow. You can use the PageSpeed Insights tool by Google, it will analyze your page and suggest improvements (JS, CSS, Images, Caching, etc) to speed up your website. It's free.

It checks your site performance for both desktop and mobile devices.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:12 PM

10 seconds is way too long. It's a Google ranking factor, so not only will it cause an issue with ranking, but because you'll have a high bounce rate that will affect your ranking as well. How many plug-ins do you have installed? Try to compress the images on the site too.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:56 AM

page load time 3 sec.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:33 AM
Contributing Member

maintain good page speed. (47% prefer below 2 secs & 57% will leave page if it is 3 or more secs)
Below 1 sec = perfect
1-3sec = above average
3-7sec = average
7 sec = very poor

Old 02-28-2018, 03:50 AM
Contributing Member

you can optimize your website speed with Google insight Developer. some browser rendering, blocking issue, image loading compression, Java, HTML script minifying and so on.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatslimbelt View Post
page load time 3 sec.
Yes, what about it? Cat got yer tongue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamranZaidi View Post
Google always says high loading site speed means boost your ranking in search engine...So always trying to less number of sec in your site speed...!!
I think you are a bit confused. Google likes "high loading site"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrithika View Post
maintain good page speed. (47% prefer below 2 secs & 57% will leave page if it is 3 or more secs)
Below 1 sec = perfect
1-3sec = above average
3-7sec = average
7 sec = very poor
I'd like to know where you copied this info from to validate whose case study has come to the "percentages" conclusion you have posted here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniemay96 View Post
you can optimize your website speed with Google insight Developer. some browser rendering, blocking issue, image loading compression, Java, HTML script minifying and so on.
Have you actually done any of these things you spout in your post as optimizing tasks??

Old 02-28-2018, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

Every seo having doubt about what is page speed? And how it is helps to improve our ranking in SERP?
As of my experience page speed factor is very important tactic in seo, so you should maintain in between 1 to 1.5 seconds then it is fine for seo

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread