Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 04-04-2018, 06:49 AM
Contributing Member

How to add great content

So this week I learned alot from Htmlbasictutor,

Primarily that great content is all you really need to rank high if you do it well. My site sells some products and has a store. I see now on front page a lot content based sites out ranking store sites that only have minimal content. So this creates a bit of a conundrum how do build a lot of good content into a high converting sales funnel. I am thinking I should sort of article section to the site where I write and add thought leading articles on how color science etc works. With that approach can I build high content authority to rank or do really have to put alot of content on my main sales pages bloating my sales funnel? Any insight you guys have here would be helpful. Also do any pages with bad content lower my rankability? Do I need to add a "no index" tag to my privacy and terms of use page which is some what hidden?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2018, 03:05 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, you can add a blog section in your website to generate some traffic to your website, yes the bad content can hamper your rankability

Old 04-05-2018, 04:33 AM
Contributing Member

Make a subdomain called blog, install wordpress and write about your products, it should help.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itarachiu View Post
Make a subdomain called blog, install wordpress and write about your products, it should help.
Problem is if people page bounce to a blog is kills the conversion rate of a proper sales funnel.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Contributing Member

Make web 2.0 site and start blogging there and promote your web 2.0 site blog on search engine.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:37 AM
Contributing Member

You need to hire a content writer from freelancer websites

Old 04-06-2018, 06:51 AM

Hello,

You should create a great landing page for the visitors.
Secondly, you can create a blog section on your website having content that invokes the interest of the visitors of your website in your products and you can thereby generate a good amount of traffic to your website.

Hope this will help you with your query!

Old 04-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeelhassan View Post
You need to hire a content writer from freelancer websites
...cause a freelance content marketer is gonna be better at writing marketing than a marketer especially when they know nothing about sales funnels......... Not really...

Old 04-07-2018, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

Wow.... All these people got is install a lame blog....lol

Quality content is far more than just writing stuff - Google actually grades your content - oh yeah buddy it's like being back in school again and Google is the teacher waiting to pass you or fail you... Most fail!

Although many have ignored this post I made, maybe you will actually learn something as it tells you exactly what quality content is - http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ml#post2311249

Ecom sites problem is they don't add content on the pages

* What is the product
* What does it do or what is it good for
* What are the origins of said product
* What history can be told about said product

Ask yourself every possible question about a product then write content on the very SAME page that product is on - not a lame blog or articles section.

Make sure those product pages are FULLY SEO'd also...

Old 04-07-2018, 05:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Wow.... All these people got is install a lame blog....lol

Quality content is far more than just writing stuff - Google actually grades your content - oh yeah buddy it's like being back in school again and Google is the teacher waiting to pass you or fail you... Most fail!

Although many have ignored this post I made, maybe you will actually learn something as it tells you exactly what quality content is - http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ml#post2311249

Ecom sites problem is they don't add content on the pages

* What is the product
* What does it do or what is it good for
* What are the origins of said product
* What history can be told about said product

Ask yourself every possible question about a product then write content on the very SAME page that product is on - not a lame blog or articles section.

Make sure those product pages are FULLY SEO'd also...
This is exactly what I already know and asked if I didn't have to do, cause this would literally cut the conversion rate if a good sales funnel in half. Meaning you'd make literally half the amount of money. If I can reach top ranks with out doing this I will try, what described is literally a last ditch effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devouttechs View Post
Hello,

You should create a great landing page for the visitors.
Secondly, you can create a blog section on your website having content that invokes the interest of the visitors of your website in your products and you can thereby generate a good amount of traffic to your website.

Hope this will help you with your query!
Oh wow your right! I should create a Landing Page! Cause I didn't already have one! ..........

Old 04-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

yes, pages with great and more content always have an added advantage over those webpages which having less / poor / or no content on the pages. You have to do the proper keyword research to create content for your website home page / product pages and for the blog.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member

Huh ??? Are you kidding me ???

Where are you getting content would cut the the conversion rate in half ? I am sorry but as a business consultant for more than 20 years I will disagree there - if anything it helps increase the sell of said products.

I wonder did you even read the thread I linked to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMiller7 View Post
This is exactly what I already know and asked if I didn't have to do, cause this would literally cut the conversion rate if a good sales funnel in half. Meaning you'd make literally half the amount of money. If I can reach top ranks with out doing this I will try, what described is literally a last ditch effort.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Huh ??? Are you kidding me ???

Where are you getting content would cut the the conversion rate in half ? I am sorry but as a business consultant for more than 20 years I will disagree there - if anything it helps increase the sell of said products.

I wonder did you even read the thread I linked to ?
Funnel split testing research is unanimous that funnels work better if they are quick and to the point. In order to achieve maximum conversions in a proper sales funnel, the Introduction to final value offer should take no more than 4 minutes including closing the lead magnet closing. Again it's been shown repeatedly, that after 4 minutes in the sales funnel bounce rate doubles and conversion rates drop. The key to a high converting sales funnel is effeciency, excelence, and good value offer, along with a really good problem and solution setup. None of this is tuned to keywords. Content that answers questions ranks better. My sales funnel is already at effeciency of size and amount content, sure I could optimize terminology a bit, but adding anymore content will only drop my conversion rates. SEO is only my baseline effort, my primary marketing will be Facebook ads and YouTube ads. I was looking for ways to "add" great content that increases rank without adding length to my sales funnel. And "add blog" is just redundant....

While do not know, my guess is that your experience is with local businesses and service based business. If you do have any experience with global market ecommerce my guess is they didn't have very high level marketing or understanding of such. Not.everything is the same between each market. When your selling web design to someone who is deciding between 3 local designers then yes more content will help sell yourself. But that's not how it works when an ecomm site sells a unique software product designed to increase professional workflow and increase the quality of footage in the film industry. Most of the customers are not set to buy

Old 04-07-2018, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

After 30 years of being online and building 6 and 7 figure income businesses in many different markets for many different clients and owning 3 companies myself, I have massive experience. Your guess would be wrong.

You can go the ads route if you choose, it's your business but also understand you better have a massive advertising budget for it to be effective.

Targeted customers will outdo all of that which you have listed and yes they will stay longer than 4 minutes regardless of all the testing that was done. Targeted does not always mean SEO or Ads - many ways to get Targeted customers without either of those.

Not all websites require SEO - although many seem to think they do. It's obvious your sales funnel does not work as well as you want - otherwise you would not be here asking these questions. What I posted is correct for any industry and does work.

Bottom line it's your business and your choice. If you want to create an articles section then yes that would help in SEO and a sub-domain name (the idea you already shot down by another poster) works amazingly for SEO of a website.

Quote:
While do not know, my guess is that your experience is with local businesses and service based business. If you do have any experience with global market ecommerce my guess is they didn't have very high level marketing or understanding of such. Not.everything is the same between each market. When your selling web design to someone who is deciding between 3 local designers then yes more content will help sell yourself. But that's not how it works when an ecomm site sells a unique software product designed to increase professional workflow and increase the quality of footage in the film industry. Most of the customers are not set to buy

Old 04-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
After 30 years of being online and building 6 and 7 figure income businesses in many different markets for many different clients and owning 3 companies myself, I have massive experience. Your guess would be wrong.

You can go the ads route if you choose, it's your business but also understand you better have a massive advertising budget for it to be effective.

Targeted customers will outdo all of that which you have listed and yes they will stay longer than 4 minutes regardless of all the testing that was done. Targeted does not always mean SEO or Ads - many ways to get Targeted customers without either of those.

Not all websites require SEO - although many seem to think they do. It's obvious your sales funnel does not work as well as you want - otherwise you would not be here asking these questions. What I posted is correct for any industry and does work.

Bottom line it's your business and your choice. If you want to create an articles section then yes that would help in SEO and a sub-domain name (the idea you already shot down by another poster) works amazingly for SEO of a website.
My sales funnel isn't really finished yet, I need to finish 2 products to upload to the site, I am just prepping SEO before hand so I get ranked shortly after. This company doesn't even make money yet. I tried some posting in Facebook groups and forums but traffic is very low in this niche. Search traffic will only be about 3k a month for me, fb ads and YouTube and some others will be the main route, although a good fb ad can make profits off a simple budget of $100 if your lead magnet and funnel is good. So far my lead magnet is getting downloaded at 65% of the traffic visiting my site. When I redo my sales funnel after adding the products, I should have the best on page content with in the funnel I can get without over "seoing" it. I was just looking for more ways to on page content seo beyond just the web copy. Not a lot of creative comments come in, mostly just copy paste crap. Thanks you for your input tho.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So this week I learned alot from Htmlbasictutor,

Primarily that great content is all you really need to rank high if you do it well. My site sells some products and has a store. I see now on front page a lot content based sites out ranking store sites that only have minimal content. So this creates a bit of a conundrum how do build a lot of good content into a high converting sales funnel. I am thinking I should sort of article section to the site where I write and add thought leading articles on how color science etc works. With that approach can I build high content authority to rank or do really have to put alot of content on my main sales pages bloating my sales funnel? Any insight you guys have here would be helpful. Also do any pages with bad content lower my rankability? Do I need to add a "no index" tag to my privacy and terms of use page which is some what hidden?
I had a student/customer that built their business doing this. Wrote informative articles that the readers would research about that contained some personal experiences incorporated as the main focus which drove up the site's sales.

The articles were written along the lines of the questions Ord Allenbea pointed out however they were educational/informational with links to the products in their own store.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Contributing Member

Exactly, Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
I had a student/customer that built their business doing this. Wrote informative articles that the readers would research about that contained some personal experiences incorporated as the main focus which drove up the site's sales.

The articles were written along the lines of the questions Ord Allenbea pointed out however they were educational/informational with links to the products in their own store.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Exactly, Thank You!
I see your saying compete with for keywords I wouldn't normally rank for with information based articles to pull some sales. I'll try that at some point. Tho usually I would save this for emails, to pair with the lead magnet, that way people follow the emails I send them to keep them brand engaged. Thanks for the good reply Htmlbasictutor you really know your stuff man.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Contributing Member

Simply amazing!

Old 04-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Simply amazing!

hahaha, you were right but I had to give him the credit to tease you a bit

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum