Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 04-12-2018, 04:32 AM

link building help

Hi experts

i am a newbie in the SEO and i want to know what are some of the do's and don'ts of link building?

need help

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2018, 02:39 AM
Contributing Member

Do's

Quality link buiding
Fresh content marketing
Social Media marketing
Niche link building
Internal link building
Video

Don'ts

Low quality content marketing
Back links in bulk
Paid links
Link from irrelevant sources

Old 04-13-2018, 04:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerS View Post
Do's

Quality link buiding
Fresh content marketing
Social Media marketing
Niche link building
Internal link building
Video

Don'ts

Low quality content marketing
Back links in bulk
Paid links
Link from irrelevant sources
I'm not sure where you read these points in your post, and I could probably debunk each one of the "Do" or "Don't", but suffice it to say, "link building" of any kind is against Google guidelines, unless you actually know what you are doing.

Also, getting "bulk links" happens every time you submit a proper and effective press release with a reputable distribution hub. Google isn't against that sort of thing as long those links are nofollow'ed.

I'll stop there because if I keep going, my keyboard will run out of ink.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I'm not sure where you read these points in your post, and I could probably debunk each one of the "Do" or "Don't"
That was a good one bro!!

Old 04-18-2018, 01:14 AM
Contributing Member

Participate in the communities in order to get backlinks, make sure you post useful information and don't use automated link building softwares

Old 04-18-2018, 03:44 AM

Hi all

Thanks for wonderful reply. I will make sure i will use the points which you have shared.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz06 View Post
Hi experts

Quote:
i want to know what are some of the do's and don'ts of link building?
Don't.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:51 AM

Take sometime to read some articles already written. Here is one of them: searchenginejournal.com/link-building-9-dos-5-donts-saw/179783/

Old 04-18-2018, 02:13 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackenterprises View Post
While doing link building you have to follow Google guidelines.
Yet everything you suggest in the rest of your post is against Google's guidelines!
Quote:
Don't submit your website to fewer authority sites. Submit more to Do-follow links. create quality content.

Some mandatory Off-page Techniques to follow:

>>Submit Your website to High Authority Backlinks Only(Check Authority in Moz).

>>Create Web 2.0 websites.

>> Do Profile Creations.

>>Article Submissions.

>>Forums Submissions.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Hi experts

i am a newbie in the SEO and i want to know what are some of the do's and don'ts of link building?

need help
If you building backlink then remember one think, good content is king and backlink is queen. remember don't build too much backlink at the same day and don't build low quality backlink. If you build only 4 or 5 backlink with good high quality domain then it is far butter compare by lots of low quality baclinks.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:47 PM

Back-links are good to rank your website but remember one thing content is the KING. Quality content always have priority in search engine. Google always support good and niche related content. You have certain mediums for back-links never relay on a single strategy.

Web 2.0
Blog Commenting
directory submissions
Forums submissions

these all are different mediums for back linking But one thing remember Always a link which is in Main content body area have more power then all of these. So also trying to submit articles on some good articles submission websites because it develops Google Trust on your website.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:40 AM

Link building looks complicated but as the matter of fact, it is really simple and easy if you understand it completely. Here are few activities that you need to follow with a view to getting the best backlinks for your business!

1) Guest Posting is the current trend
2) Find relevant blogs and do blog comments there
3) Start an external and an internal blog for your website
4) Create a profile on High-Pr sites and put your website's link on these websites
Follow these techniques and you will be able to see the results in just three or four months. If you are planning to come higher in the search engine then you need to keep on doing this work for around 10 months to 12 months

Old 04-20-2018, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mikulski View Post
Link building looks complicated but as the matter of fact, it is really simple and easy if you understand it completely.
Especially easy if you take someone's advice and try to create more spam on the internet.

Quote:
Here are few activities that you need to follow with a view to getting the best backlinks for your business!
I've read your points below, and except for point three, they are all junk efforts designed to spam-up the internet with junk links.
Quote:
1) Guest Posting is the current trend
2) Find relevant blogs and do blog comments there
3) Start an external and an internal blog for your website
4) Create a profile on High-Pr sites and put your website's link on these websites
All except part of the 3rd point are spammy.

Quote:
Follow these techniques and you will be able to see the results in just three or four months.
Follow your points and you'll get next to nothing in terms of ranking improvement, and you could get worse ranking due to Google's algo dealing with spammy guest posting, junk blog comments etc.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

The spam gets ridiculous. Even if there is a good way to build backlinks you keep to yourself otherwise these spam kids will blow a whole in it like hungry fish.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:11 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:

need help
In regards to your question, Google actually has a page titled Link schemes that actually covers in detail, about "the do's and don'ts of link building".
It would be advantageous for you too look over it. The article is one of the subpages for their Search Console area. It's located at:

Link schemes
https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66356?hl=en

Nevertheless..........Here's a quick CliffsNotes version.

In short, one of the "do's" that the above article talks about is "The best way to get other sites to create high-quality, relevant links to yours is to create unique, relevant content that can naturally gain popularity in the Internet community.
Creating good content pays off".

In addition, one of the "don'ts" that the above article talks about is "Excessive link exchanges" and it also mentions "Using automated programs or services to create links to your site".

There is more info provided on the link above that will shed more light on more answers to your initial question. Hopefully you will find the info useful.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:56 AM
Contributing Member

do competitor high da back links , and don't spam with links , don't promote in low qualtiy website.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:26 AM
Contributing Member

Just one tip, be natural.... whatever you do.. don't buy links or spam anything..

Further I suggest, start with Google My Business Listing followed by listing in local business directories...

Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM

Ok it seems all here are suggesting not to buy links or not to create low quality links etc. But I think the OP is looking for a solution on what to do and what not to do. So, In 2018 you should do this :

1) Make sure your site content is 100% original and doesn't sound spammy (specially titles) and keyword rich.

2) Your interlinking of articles/pages are well organized.

3) Now you need to do some research. Find top blogs in your niche, top instagram and twitter influencers in your niche.

4) When you find handful of blogs and influencers list ask blog owners if they allow you to write a guest post in their blog (most blog owners agree on that). If yes then write an article and submit it to their blog with your link in it.

5) Ask instagram/twitter influencers to do a shoutout for your website (its paid though) but its worth. You will get a lot of authority by doing this once every month.

Hope it helps

Old 05-20-2018, 08:47 AM

I would concentrate on creating quality backlinks by lookng for guest posting opportunities and creating quality content on your own site that gets shared via social media.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:07 AM

Do's and don'ts of link building

DOs
1.Focus on “Natural” Links from Awesome Content:
By far, the best way to generate external links to your company’s page is by producing the best content possible.

2.Reach Out to Bloggers and Professionals:
If you are new to the content generating game, chances are you may not have the highest-ranking content in your industry at this point.

3.Paid Links with CAUTION:
Occasionally, you will see the opportunity to pay sites to link to your content, especially if they are high-ranking and they will treat links like a highly-selective advertisement.

Donts
1.Cloaking:
Showing different content to search engines than you show to users by “cloaking” is one of the worst practices in link building and content generation.

2.Injecting Links:
Injecting links into a site you do not own exploits security of another website, and it will not do anything beneficial in the long run.

3.Paid Links:
Okay, yes, I put “paid links with caution” in the do’s list. This is a tricky situation because so long as you are following Google’s advertising and webmaster guidelines, paid links on high-quality sites can be okay.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum