Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 04-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

SEO serp race

Hey Guys,

Thanks to ord and Htmlbasictutor I just got what you guys have been trying to say. It clicked! While reading this article https://moz.com/blog/how-long-does-l...uence-rankings

If your trying to rank with links, the higher you go so is everyone else and essentially you end up in a race. If you start gaining less links than your competitors gain naturally you'll start to lose any rank you gained in the first place. It's like a marathon.. which is why links can take a long time to effect rank at higher positions where everyone is gaining links also.

BUT if you outrank them with content alone, since they don't often change their content enough to impact rank much, your not in the link race and you will STAY ahead very fast and can out rank them really fast too. In other words content based changes takes effect in serps way way faster because not everyone is gaining "points" for content like they are links.

Now it's believable when ord says he can out rank link sites in hours with content.

If your gaining say 10 links a day but so are all the other front pagers, you will takes week to go up just a little bit. But if your content way outranks there's and you get lots of "points" from content you'll jump your serp like huge bounds in no time. If we assume 1 link=1 point and you gain 10 a day, your tied with everyone else. But if your content change or addition of "great content" is worth like 150 points accross site, you'll jump in serps soon as it's crawled, where as in the link race if your only gaining a few more links than the other pages itll take weeks and weeks to pull ahead.

Last edited by JackMiller7; 04-13-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

Google always prefer high-quality content the most. But I must say that the competition is so high. Old and more prominent brands have already reserved the top positions on Google which makes the SERPs marathon tough.

Nowadays, it is tough to find the room for a competitive keyword in the top position on Google. That's why it is essential to balance both content and backlinks to increase the chances of getting ranked on top of the Google.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaileshshakya View Post
Google always prefer high-quality content the most. But I must say that the competition is so high. Old and more prominent brands have already reserved the top positions on Google which makes the SERPs marathon tough.

Nowadays, it is tough to find the room for a competitive keyword in the top position on Google. That's why it is essential to balance both content and backlinks to increase the chances of getting ranked on top of the Google.
What people are too consumed with (IMHO) is ranking for competitive keyword(s)/phrases.

Find a different payload keyword phrase that your target audience searches for and/or go for content that answers the unanswered questions.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
What people are too consumed with (IMHO) is ranking for competitive keyword(s)/phrases.

Find a different payload keyword phrase that your target audience searches for and/or go for content that answers the unanswered questions.
There isn't much traffic for my product. About 3000 in traffic for related keywords, and about 10,000 in traffic for unrelated keywords but potential customers searching it.

The only other way to get more than that is to target competitors brand names, one competitors brand name is getting 10k impressions per month.

But yeah targeting questions and lots of smaller keywords with content is good and easy.

FB ads is gonna be a complete must for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaileshshakya View Post

at the very end its just a simple point system with tons and tons of ways to gain points, well use a figure for analogy, lets say the top rank has 3000 points worth of seo from on page content and backlinks, you only need 3001 to rank higher. its a competition, the best scorer wins.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMiller7 View Post
Hey Guys,

Thanks to ord and Htmlbasictutor I just got what you guys have been trying to say. It clicked! While reading this article https://moz.com/blog/how-long-does-l...uence-rankings

If your trying to rank with links, the higher you go so is everyone else and essentially you end up in a race. If you start gaining less links than your competitors gain naturally you'll start to lose any rank you gained in the first place. It's like a marathon.. which is why links can take a long time to effect rank at higher positions where everyone is gaining links also.

BUT if you outrank them with content alone, since they don't often change their content enough to impact rank much, your not in the link race and you will STAY ahead very fast and can out rank them really fast too. In other words content based changes takes effect in serps way way faster because not everyone is gaining "points" for content like they are links.

Now it's believable when ord says he can out rank link sites in hours with content.

If your gaining say 10 links a day but so are all the other front pagers, you will takes week to go up just a little bit. But if your content way outranks there's and you get lots of "points" from content you'll jump your serp like huge bounds in no time. If we assume 1 link=1 point and you gain 10 a day, your tied with everyone else. But if your content change or addition of "great content" is worth like 150 points accross site, you'll jump in serps soon as it's crawled, where as in the link race if your only gaining a few more links than the other pages itll take weeks and weeks to pull ahead.
I agree with you!! Content means a lot for ranking but it won't give an effective result unless you make your entire On-page perfect.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Contributing Member

If your on page SEO is prefect and you distribute Quality contents then it's really helpful to get top rank in SERP.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:46 AM

I Totally agree with your point because the content is king and search engine prefer unique and quality content first.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:00 AM

yes right, google check you content, quality link, back link, pagerank etc and much more. so improve your serp rank in google.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerS View Post
If your on page SEO is prefect and you distribute Quality contents then it's really helpful to get top rank in SERP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljetarora View Post
I Totally agree with your point because the content is king and search engine prefer unique and quality content first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidadetectiveagency View Post
yes right, google check you content, quality link, back link, pagerank etc and much more. so improve your serp rank in google.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Ha

Old 05-18-2018, 04:18 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMiller7 View Post
Ha
What does it mean????

Old 05-20-2018, 08:57 AM

I've been saying it for years, the backlinks game is a losing proposition. You need to go for quality content AND backlinks

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum