Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 03-10-2007, 11:01 AM

advice on getting ranked for keyword

Hi Everyone
I really need some help, i have been optimising my site for nearly a year now and have managed to rank really well in all search engines for all of my keywords exept 1 i am trying to get listed for the keyword "holiday rentals" i know it is a tuff one to get in but i would have thought by now that my site would start to show up for it by now, i have checked to see if i am sandboxed for that keyword and every thing seem ok,
Can anyone give me any advice as to why i am not ranking for this keyword
and what i could do to get ranked for this keyword,
thanks all i know if anyone can help me you can.
my site is http://www.costa-blancarentals.com as you will see i have managed to get quite alot of quality backlinks for the keyword and this why i am confused as to why i am not showing for it.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Hi there, I don't think that your site would be sandboxed. That is an another thing influance in general the new domains.

I you placed the Holiday Rentals keyphrase in h3 tag. H1 would be better in my opinion. With an adittional style the design won't be changed. There are only 9,310,000 indexed sites for this keyphrase. I see that your home page is PR3. Good news. I think you should greatly improve your link popularity concerning hotel rentals. I guess 100 links -containing the phrase in the anchor text- will be enough to get into the top 10.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:35 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagi Zoltán View Post
Hi there, I don't think that your site would be sandboxed. That is an another thing influance in general the new domains.

I you placed the Holiday Rentals keyphrase in h3 tag. H1 would be better in my opinion. With an adittional style the design won't be changed. There are only 9,310,000 indexed sites for this keyphrase. I see that your home page is PR3. Good news. I think you should greatly improve your link popularity concerning hotel rentals. I guess 100 links -containing the phrase in the anchor text- will be enough to get into the top 10.
You never know if you need 100s of links or even 2-3 very good links would be enough for the top rankings on the search engines. The things is there are so many factors influencing your website's ranking, and you know a very few of them. You should work on the ones those you know. Which are good quality anchor text links from quality websites. And be varied with the anchor texts!

Take care

Old 03-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manish Pandey View Post
You never know if you need 100s of links or even 2-3 very good links would be enough for the top rankings on the search engines.

I estimated the number of required inlinks by the page ranks of the top ten site. Of course it is not sure, that is why I use "guess" in my previous post

Old 03-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Contributing Member

you can do your best to get most backlink with that tag.
eg. Holiday rentals

Old 03-11-2007, 11:51 AM

Thanks Guys for your help,
My site has holiday rentals as a H2 and H3 header,
i have added 100's of link some quality to my site for that keyword and that is why i don't quite understand why i am not ranking for that keyword.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum