Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Individualist
Latest Blog:
Toyota Cami Review

PayPerPost for SEO?

I was talking to guy that had been using PayPerPost and he said that several of his posts were removed after 30 days, and that PayPerPost allows this to happen. Evidently the paid post is only required to be kpt on the blog for 30 days.

Anyhow, kind of makes PPP useless for SEO purposes.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Does reviewme have the same policy?

Old 03-31-2007, 03:28 PM

I do some paid posting with PPP and there is a thread on the PPP forum right now about this subject. The thread has a poll and 91% of the bloggers who have responded DO NOT remove paid posts. I don't know the thread addy right now but if you want to look for it go to http://boards.payperpost.com

Why would we? We write the posts so that they become part of our blogs with personal experiences included in the paid post. Plus, a good portion of my site traffic comes from search engine searches - a number of these searches takes people to my paid posts. I'd lose site traffic if I removed the posts.

The problem is with PPP not the bloggers. PPP can only guarantee a link for 30 days for the advertiser ... otherwise they'd have to be checking our sites on and off for a year or for all time. So they've worded the TOS in such a way as it seems that we only have to keep a paid post up for thirty days. Some bloggers take that literally, but PPP does recommend that we leave the posts up and I can tell you that the majority of us do leave the posts up.

If the bloggers are picking posting opportunities that truly suit their blogs there should be no reason to remove the posts.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 AM
Contributing Member

I think the 30-day removal option is a major drawback.

I'm also dubious of the disclosure policy. How many PPP bloggers are disclosing that it is a sponsored link? I think eventually Google will be able to detect the footprints of sponsored links if they're disclosed and discount them. For all I know, Google is doing that already.

I do like the concept of advertisers posting opportunities and bloggers being able to review them directly, though.

Generate Process Maps and Flowcharts in Excel.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Even the bloggers don't like the wording. Our FAQ and TOS says something different than it does in the advertiser section. PPP needs to make sure that advertisers and bloggers are on the same page. We've been complaining to them about this in the past week or two. Perhaps they will create a clear policy on this soon.

However like I said, more than 91% of the bloggers that do PPP posts do not remove the posts.

We are all required to have a site wide disclosure policy. Which means that on my site I have a page linked to all of the pages on my site that has my disclosure policy in it. I do not disclose on every paid post unless an advertiser wants me to do so. My regular readers know that I write paid posts and any visitor can read the disclosure policy on my site to verify that if they want to.

Some bloggers prefer to also disclose per post. I believe that advertisers can request that a blogger not disclose within the post. You can't ask them not to disclose at all since a site wide disclosure policy is mandatory but anyone writing a post for you can be asked to not disclose with in the post. If a blogger doesn't agree with your request they shouldn't take your opportunity. Simple as that.

If you are interested in working with PPP why don't you verify what I'm saying by contacting PPP's customer service team?

As a blogger I like that I can pick and choose which posts I'd like to write. By being able to do that I can make sure that the ops suit my blog and I can make the posts blend in to some degree.

BTW once bloggers accept your opportunity and write it for you, you can grade them using a tack system as to how the did. 1 tack is awful, and 5 would be excellent. You can even ban a blogger from ever writing another opportunity for you if you choose to ... although I think the tack system is a better way to go. A low tack rating affects a bloggers ability to write posts for anyone. You can also flag posts that you don't feel met the requirements and if the review team agrees you will not be paying for that post.

Payperpost may not be for everyone but there's a lot of features for bloggers and advertisers alike.

Oh and if anyone does decide to create an opportunity with Payperpost. I can tell you that the ops that the bloggers enjoy taking the most are the ones that don't try to tell us specifically what they'd like to see written. Give us the required links and the text for the link and some info but let us be creative. I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be happier with ops that you let us be creative on over ones where you tell us pretty much what we need to write in our own words.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:39 PM
The Scintillating Sizzler

Thats too bad

A blog link for just 30 days paying so high.
Contextual is a lot better then.

Links are permanent here, not like those monthly links

Old 05-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Latest Blog:
None

But you are not going to a permanent link on a high PR blog for $5

Last edited by blm03; 05-04-2007 at 08:39 AM.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Contributing Member

99% of this bloggers can't even drive 1 click to your site with their posts! And they want to collect $5-50 for 30 day post from their crappy blogs which just explain how to make $3000/day sitting in front of your computer. No way!

Old 05-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhiga View Post
99% of this bloggers can't even drive 1 click to your site with their posts! And they want to collect $5-50 for 30 day post from their crappy blogs which just explain how to make $3000/day sitting in front of your computer. No way!
I have often clicked on links in other blogs because I am interested in it. I have even bought stuff! So I would love to know where you get the 99% from.

And who said you can make $3000 a day blogging? I would like to meet these people.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm03 View Post
I have often clicked on links in other blogs because I am interested in it. I have even bought stuff! So I would love to know where you get the 99% from.

And who said you can make $3000 a day blogging? I would like to meet these people.
I spend over $5000 for me and my clients for about 300-500 posts from PPP. Believe me, just 2 weeks ago i spend about $500 for 35 posts and all i got, was just 7-8 clicks from 1 blog and nothing from the others.

You are talking about blogs which loved by millions, i am talking about PayPerPost blogs. Many of PPP blogs was made only for PPP to collect money.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Latest Blog:
None

No, I am talking about PPP blogs. The majority of blogs I read are PPP blogs.

What were the requirements? Were you asking for a high PR? Not all PR0 bloggers have set up their blogs to make money, but there are a lot that do. Also, it depends on your product. If you have a more tech product, you may only want tech blogs to do posts for you. Their readers would have more of interest in your product.

You can also request Alexa scores which is suppose to show you how much traffic you get to your blog. Ask for a low Alexa score (like under 100,000) for more high traffic blogs.

There are so many variables that could play into why you had a bad turnout.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm03 View Post
No, I am talking about PPP blogs. The majority of blogs I read are PPP blogs.

What were the requirements? Were you asking for a high PR? Not all PR0 bloggers have set up their blogs to make money, but there are a lot that do. Also, it depends on your product. If you have a more tech product, you may only want tech blogs to do posts for you. Their readers would have more of interest in your product.

You can also request Alexa scores which is suppose to show you how much traffic you get to your blog. Ask for a low Alexa score (like under 100,000) for more high traffic blogs.

There are so many variables that could play into why you had a bad turnout.
The problem about PPP is... if good blogger post commercial post, he try to cover it with 10 other posts on top.
Anyway, i was trying to get links from blogs with good Alexa, PR, and the same topic. But in this case you have to wait a long time to pick at least 1 post.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum