Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 06-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Contributing Member

How to Boost your sites Pagerank?

Hi

What are the factors that affect your sites pagerank? It is possible to increase the pagerank of your sites in a short period of time?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd.velarde@gmail. View Post
Hi

What are the factors that affect your sites pagerank? It is possible to increase the pagerank of your sites in a short period of time?

Thanks!
What is PageRank and how does it work?
Trust level: Proven and confirmed

One big way in which search engines are granting importance to web pages are based on how many other sites are linking to it.

PageRank is a system implemented by Google that measures web page's importance with only taking into account the links and links related factors. The other big search engines (Yahoo, MSN) probably have a similar system but without an official measurement.

The basics are that each web page is giving votes to the links on that page and the power of the vote is determined by the number of links pointing to the page that gives the vote.

The votes are divided among the links on the page so the lesser number of links, the more share of the vote is given to each link.

Internal links are given a higher share than external.

The scale is between 0-10 but in fact it has many decimals which we cannot see.

0-3 is the most common, 4 is obtained by getting an amount of links and 5 takes some work to get. Only a short list of sites on the internet has PageRank 10.

[link removed]

Last edited by Cricket; 06-16-2007 at 02:22 PM.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for some tips and advice I really appreciate the content.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Banned

yes, get backlink from high PR, like PR 7 etc

Old 06-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Banned

Try these:
Article Submission
Directory Submission
Advert Submission
Link Exchange with a related site but not a direct competitor and have a high page rank
Blogs
Social Bookmarking
Traffic Exchange
Online Groups and Forum Posting

Old 06-16-2007, 06:34 AM

The wikipedia entry on pagerank is pretty decent, might want to check it out.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesca_l0uise View Post
Try these:
Article Submission
Directory Submission
Advert Submission
Link Exchange with a related site but not a direct competitor and have a high page rank
Blogs
Social Bookmarking
Traffic Exchange
Online Groups and Forum Posting
Yes, try to do this stuff... S.E are also favorable to those site that are reach in content and it easily gets PR...

Old 06-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

Just check out what do you get with boosting PR.
If you want good rankings don't focus on PR at all.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

I think he asked the question about an increase of a PageRank within a SHORT period of time.

The best advise I can come up with is to purchase text links from home pages of PR8-PR9 websites. This might help to raise PR within next update.

All other ways that are already listed in this thread also increase PageRank. However, they work slower, but more assuredly, if I can say so.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:18 PM

Some good quality backlinks!

Old 06-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Banned

This will take some time, but perhaps the best way to increase page rank and get more good backlinks is to first sign up at Google Webmaster Central:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/

then after verifying your site, install a Google XML sitemap on your site and then submit it to your Google webmaster account. Then, whenever you make more changes, you have to create new XML sitemaps and submit them to your Webmaster Tools account again and again. And you want to do this as often as possible so that you (and Google) can both get more detailed information about your site, your site's Google traffic and, most importantly, what keywords and phrases is the Google traffic using to come to your site.

After some time, once you have a better knowledge of all of that, then you'll have to audit and research your site (install a webalizer program to do this if possible) in order to start to match the Google traffic keywords to your site's specific pages. Then, as much as possible, it will be necessary to change your pages meta tags and keywords so that they are the same as those that are being used to find your pages within Google. And if your site is 100+ pages or so, then you should plan on spending quite a long time to complete this Google traffic keywords/website page development phase. And, as I wrote above, it will take time, but, if you do this, and do it correctly for all of your site's pages, then Google will eventually increase your pages rank levels. That is part of what Google looks for in a well-administered site.

Additionally, after you register at Google Webmaster Central, then you can join any of the several internal Google webmaster forums and submit questions and include links to your site's pages that you are having trouble with or have some kind of genuine inquiry about. Then you'll quickly get some very good back links from right inside the Big G! Now, of course, you can't just make up "problems" or pretend to be confused et al and then attempt to spam the Google Webmaster forums. No. Not an option. None of the above. If you do try that, well, they will figure it out sooner or later and then your site could be seriously downgraded and/or banned from the Google index altogether.

Well, I'm not "in love" with Google, but I really do like the Webmaster Tools sitemaps and the forums that they have recently developed. In fact, they are now talking about upgrading the internal webmaster forums in order to provide even more help and information to registered webmasters. AND, they have even mentioned that they "may be" bringing in some of the search engineers themselves into these forums to do Q&A sessions with we the people!!! Now, they have not confirmed that yet, but if that happens, I will be ALL OVER those forums, no doubt! And, of course, I'll be reporting back here with all that I find out for sure.

Stay tuned!

Old 06-17-2007, 03:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasparoff View Post
I think he asked the question about an increase of a PageRank within a SHORT period of time.

The best advise I can come up with is to purchase text links from home pages of PR8-PR9 websites. This might help to raise PR within next update.

All other ways that are already listed in this thread also increase PageRank. However, they work slower, but more assuredly, if I can say so.
This is a good way, but what happen if you decide not to re-buy your link for the next month? Will you lose the PR you gained?

IMHO a slowest way (such as blogs, articles and links exchange) will be better and strongest

What do you think about it?

Old 06-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

get more links on quality related sites... Don't link on unrelated sites... Submit your site to directories with high PR...

try submitting to Directory Critic..

Enjoy submitting...

Old 06-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitionweb View Post
This is a good way, but what happen if you decide not to re-buy your link for the next month? Will you lose the PR you gained?

IMHO a slowest way (such as blogs, articles and links exchange) will be better and strongest

What do you think about it?
You will not lose the PR you have gained. There isn't a relationship between the page rank and the outbound links.
Buying and selling links are the most profitable business online nowadays but you should pay attention because you competitors can report that to Google.
Learn about links paid before you start this business.

Old 06-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Contributing Member

Increasing page rank with ease

Quote:
Hi

Thanks!
Increase page rank should be done carefully, its okay to increase it anyone could get a pr8-9-10 if they wanted with enough money and high quality links, but the idea is to create viral content, and link baits thats the name of the game.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned

I suggest that you get more backlinks with high PR. Try the link bait.It feature within a website that somehow baits viewers to place links to it from other websites. Typically, users on bulletin boards, newsgroups, social networking websites, or blogs place a link to a website in some copy that further encourages another member or visitor to click. It can be an extremely powerful form of marketing as it is viral in nature.

Quote:
Hi

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Contributing Member

suppose if i'm changing the domain host to another company, will that affect my page rank?? does anybody know about this???

Old 06-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Banned

PR = IBL...better improve your link popularity...link with related and trusted sites...it is not about the quantity of IBLs but it is about the quality of it...

Old 06-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hi

Thanks!
in fact it can.
its possible to get from pr0 to pr6 in the next google updates.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

get backlinks from High PR can boost your PR .. the simple way is buy a link but it'll spend much money. Some rate for buy link on PR5 is $30-$70, PR6 $40-$80

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum