* Don't send your content away to an article directory, build a library on your site and stock it with your articles.
* Develop a blog and update it at least 3x a week. Invite some of those key bloggers you're meeting to participate as well and be sure to link to them from the new blog.
* Create a glossary for your industry, promote it with the media when it's complete
* Design a widget or put together a free promotion using one of your products.
* Take a picture of every item you own and create a photo library on your site to hold them. Allow anyone to use the photo provided they leave the embedded link intact. Look into submitting photos with Creative Commons.