Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 PM

On-Page Optimization Checklist

Not sure about "the best" but certainly a good checklist for on-page SEO.
Still have my doubts how much one can really achieve with on-page SEO, as opposed to just...you know...writing a page.

http://www.searchengineguide.com/degeyter/010814.html

Quote:
* Keyword usage: Ensuring natural flow of copy while maintaining a proper keyword balance
* Headings: Using headings that are compelling and informative
* Title tag: Create a compelling, keyword rich title for the page
* Description tag: Build a description that is both compelling and reinforces the keyword relevance of the page
* Voice: The site should use a consistent voice from page to page
* Active words: Using words that do more than inform but compel action
* Features & Benefits: Be sure to list out not just features but benefits. Bullets are great for this kind of information
* Skimming & Scanning: Make the document easy to skim and scan while giving the reader the important information as they do so
* Calls to Action: Work in textual calls that drive the visitor to the point of conversion

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 08:27 PM

* give some good outbound links on the page (related)
* Brief page
* It will even good if its blog
* and all the things written above

Cheers

Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Banned

“Still have my doubts how much one can really achieve with on-page SEO, as opposed to just...you know...writing a page.”

On-page SEO can improve the page rank of that particular page. Content optimization can attract links. Optimization of navigation structure can make your site crawler friendly. Keyword optimization will make your page visible for a particular keyword.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
On-page SEO can improve the page rank of that particular page. Content optimization can attract links. Optimization of navigation structure can make your site crawler friendly. Keyword optimization will make your page visible for a particular keyword.
Just writing a decent, consitent article will achieve the same thing.

Significant advantage/disadvantage lies in *where* it is published.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroIN-SEO View Post
“Still have my doubts how much one can really achieve with on-page SEO, as opposed to just...you know...writing a page.”

I am agree with you. You r saying right.

On page SEO is good for improve the ranking of sites.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:49 AM
v7n Mentor

On-page optimization gives you good boost up in yahoo as well, keyword rich content draw some significant results as well.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Banned

On-page optimization certainly is very important in the optimization process of a site no matter how good the off-page optimization is done. Its the on-page optimization which helps the search bots pick up keywords from a website to get it up in the SERP's.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 AM

A nice on-page optimization will result to a good and SE friendly site. Just be sure to do those on-page factors like emphasizing keywords/keyword phrases, check the density, prominence, and proximity, and those meta tags.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

A proper on-page optimization will lead you to a decent result.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Contributing Member

The content is also one of the factors in on-page optimization. This is one of the things that will carry the site against the competitors...

Old 10-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing this peter! I like the Develop / rework page content wherein they tackle about the proper use of Keyword usage, Headings, Title tag, Description tag, Voice, Active words, Features & Benefits, Skimming & Scanning and Calls to Action.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

yes.. well said peter_d, actually. for me what the sense of off page, if on page doesn't did well according to SE algo.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroIN-SEO View Post

As can poor on-page optimization have a bad effect on rankings.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:26 PM

I've also heard that placing relevant keywords more towards the top of a page adds greater relevance to those keywords.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscordo111 View Post
I've also heard that placing relevant keywords more towards the top of a page adds greater relevance to those keywords.
It is called keyword prominence! The measure of how close your keyword
at the beginning of the page and one factor in on-page optimization!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:04 PM

Wikipedia has no deliberate on-page SEO, yet Wikipedia pages dominate nearly every SERP. That is because linking value into the domain counts for far more than on-page SEO.

On-page SEO counts for little. Marginal, at best. It is most useful when the page was uncrawlable previously, or contained little in the way of on-topic text content.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Banned

On-page optimization is of equal importance as off-page. Without proper on-page optimization no one is going to link your site. If visitors don’t find your site appealing they won’t visit it for a second time.

Wikipedia provides updated information. Content optimization comes under on-page optimization.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:27 PM

People link to pages because they find them interesting or noteworthy.

One can write and publish interesting content, that get links, without ever having heard of SEO. That is not to say writing content isn't part of an SEO process, but it is also part of a publishing process, a public relations process, a social media process, a relationship process etc. Writing content isn't SEO in the same way that typing isn't SEO.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_d View Post
* give some good outbound links on the page (related).
I have been avoiding giving outbound links, is this really a good part of SEO? I thought that every outbound links drains the overall strength of the page and sends the visitor away from the site, instead of redirecting them to more internal content?

Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh View Post
I have been avoiding giving outbound links, is this really a good part of SEO? I thought that every outbound links drains the overall strength of the page and sends the visitor away from the site, instead of redirecting them to more internal content?
I think the the Ideal situation is just what you stated Forsh.... However, if you Must place an outbound link in order to provide a viable supporting document to your Page Content, make sure it is just that... a link to a Viable (Well Reputable) Source. This only looks better to the viewer seeing that they now know you ONLY provide accurate & reputable solutions.

I myself focus mainly on inner site cross marketing in order to boost Retention / Conversions, However, every once in a while I may have to use a supporting article or press release to support my own article / tutorial (Thus linking to ABC, CNN, FOX, GOOGLE, YAHOO, MICROSOFT, Etc...). Well branded & established names......

Mind you, this is merely my opinion & others may not follow this practice. So you may want to take it with a grain of salt. Up to you.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum