Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 01-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Lightbulb An Important Question.

I am planning on starting an article directory. All the content would be 100% unique and original. My question is that I am planning to have a clickbank hop link on almost every article. How does google look at this? My site would have more than 10,000 pages. If I use no follow tags only for the affiliate links would it affect my rankings? Also is it recommended to use a no follow at all? Would like to get some input. Thanks a lot in advance.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 11:56 AM

no follow tag isnt recommended ,you had better use follow tags ,,article directory that shares revenue of site with members? what wil it be like

Old 01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think Google will have any annoyance at clickbank if you're not using adsense at the same time or similar thing. Further adding nofolllow to the links will let you not to share your PR juice, and will help maintaining your ranking, coz too many OBL with do follow drop PR thing, I think.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoaSou View Post
no follow tag isnt recommended ,you had better use follow tags ,,article directory that shares revenue of site with members? what wil it be like
It's going to be something like ezinearticles the only difference being that our content would be unique and original. All the content would be written by our professional writers and would be copyrighted.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurratulain View Post
I don't think Google will have any annoyance at clickbank if you're not using adsense at the same time or similar thing. Further adding nofolllow to the links will let you not to share your PR juice, and will help maintaining your ranking, coz too many OBL with do follow drop PR thing, I think.
Yes I will use adsense with it. But I thought clickbank is allowed with adsense. Isnt it?

The problem is that I am not able to find a perfect answer to this question. I put the same question on google webmaster and this is the response I got- http://groups.google.com/group/Googl...91083e56c94143

They feel no follow should be used.

Last edited by arena_gr; 01-14-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arena_gr View Post
Yes I will use adsense with it. But I thought clickbank is allowed with adsense. Isnt it?

The problem is that I am not able to find a perfect answer to this question. I put the same question on google webmaster and this is the response I got- http://groups.google.com/group/Googl...91083e56c94143

They feel no follow should be used.
It's actually answered already there, I think. Having too many OBL with do follow may let Google to throw you back, while using nofollow means that link won't be indexed in google, though will be followed, and google has no problem with nofollow links. Further, m' not aure about clickbank-adsense composition, it'll be much better to have a read of TOs of both.

Regards,

Old 01-14-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurratulain View Post
It's actually answered already there, I think. Having too many OBL with do follow may let Google to throw you back, while using nofollow means that link won't be indexed in google, though will be followed, and google has no problem with nofollow links. Further, m' not aure about clickbank-adsense composition, it'll be much better to have a read of TOs of both.

Regards,
Google's Tos state that it's ok to use any other ads as long as they dont look identical to adsense ads.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arena_gr View Post
I am planning on starting an article directory. All the content would be 100% unique and original. My question is that I am planning to have a clickbank hop link on almost every article. How does google look at this? My site would have more than 10,000 pages. If I use no follow tags only for the affiliate links would it affect my rankings? Also is it recommended to use a no follow at all? Would like to get some input. Thanks a lot in advance.
maybe, try doing it but be sure that your methods may be helpful

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum