Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 03-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

Meta Tags

Can someone please take a look at the meta tags on my index page and tell me if you think it's ok. I was told that it's ok on the amount of keywords that I have also. I appreciate any help I can get, I'm trying to learn this stuff and it gets confusing at times.

http://www.countrycustomtile.com

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned

yah i noticed that your meta kw looks spammy...

Old 03-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

I changed it some and got rid of some keywords. Please take a look and let me know if this will be ok or if I need to pull more keywords. Please give any suggestions. I am new to this and am willing to accept any help I can get. Thanks so much in advance.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned

just fine, but reduce your keywords to simpler terms, then have your description user friendly.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned

reduce the number of "title" word as its looks like a spamming of keywords.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:08 AM
SEO Guru

Make a Title and Description which can help to attract visitors to your website from Search engine rankings and others, Rather then having just keywords in it.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Banned

check the density and prominence of your keywords, use gorank tool.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:15 AM
v7n Mentor

You're number one for florider tighl contrackters, and tighl contrackters florider (I've done it phonetically because V7N has a habit of ranking easily for various phrases, and I'm sure this page would appear for those phrases on Google in about 12 hours or less).

I'd say what you have is fine. Personally I wouldn't have a keywords tag at all, but that's neither here nor there. Maybe I'd tweak your title bar so it reads a bit better. Basically it's fine though.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 AM
v7n Mentor

Country,

It's not "spammy" enough, tell what you do and where for each product or service ( the important stuff is near the front and describe it exactly) if you do it in Jacksonville - say so - if you do it in north florida - say so! For each service what and where!

So what do you put? "widget contractor jacksonville, widget contractor north florida, widget installer north florida, widget installer jacksonville, "widget contractor serving list cities", etc etc, etc,"

Make sure it says it in the body, and make sure the links on your home page describe what the link to the page is about -

for example you have a link on your home page that says "Services" - NO - describe what kind of services and where, it should say "widget services Jacksonville".

Yes you have to redesign so the links will fit, but you design around function, not just make the link fit (look) and hope it works.

In your body on the home page describe all your services and where.

it would be very easy for you to dominate a local market with your product and services - it means a redesign and a lot of work, so my bet is, you don't do it.

Last edited by pinkfluffybunny; 03-07-2008 at 07:14 AM.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Contributing Member

I appreciate all the help. Is the below any better.

<title>Country Custom Tile Inc. Jacksonville Florida Tile And Marble Installation Contractor.</title>
<meta name="Keywords" content="tile contractor, tile, contractor, marble contractor, tile setter, tile installer, jacksonville, florida, residential remodel, commercial, custom tile design, florida tile contractor, jacksonville tile company, installer, tile installation, florida tile company, florida tile setter, florida tile, custom tile installer, flooring installer, custom tile contractor, florida flooring installer, flooring contractor, tile installation company, flooring installation, residential, north florida"/>
<meta name="Description" content="Country Custom Tile Inc. All Work Guaranteed For A Period Of Two Years From Date Of Completion. Licensed And Insured."/>
<meta name="Author" content="rick@countrycustomtile.com"/>
<meta name="robots" content="all"/>

Old 03-07-2008, 07:21 AM
v7n Mentor

Drop this in and then make sure it says it in your links and body - Write a sentence using each or write something like We provide "list services" serving "list cities, and locations

<title> Tile Jacksonville Florida Marble Contractor north florida Installation tile contractor Jacksonville tile, contractor north florida marble contractor north florida tile setter north florida tile installer jacksonville residential remodel north florida commercial custom tile jacksoneville florida tile contractor tile company jacksonville installer tile installation north florida tile company Jacksoneville tile setter north florida tile custom tile installer jacksonville flooring installer custom tile contractor florida flooring installer flooring contractor north florida tile installation company flooring installation residential, north florida Country Custom Tile</title>
<meta name="Keywords" content="tile contractor Jacksonville tile, contractor north florida marble contractor north florida tile setter north florida tile installer jacksonville residential remodel north florida commercial custom tile jacksonville florida tile contractor tile company jacksonville installer tile installation north florida tile company Jacksoneville tile setter north florida tile, custom tile installer jacksonville flooring installer custom tile contractor florida flooring installer flooring contractor north florida tile installation company, flooring installation, residential, north florida Country Custom Tile"/>
<meta name="Description" content="tile contractor Jacksonville tile, contractor north florida marble contractor north florida tile setter north florida tile installer jacksonville residential remodel north florida commercial custom tile jacksoneville florida tile contractor tile company jacksonville installer tile installation north florida tile company Jacksoneville tile setter north florida tile, custom tile installer jacksonville flooring installer custom tile contractor florida flooring installer flooring contractor north florida tile installation company, flooring installation, residential, north florida Country Custom Tile"/>

Then put some alts and titles and headers on the page - redo your archor links

Is it spammy? NO NO NO - it decribes what you do!
Hey there's no commas in the keywords! - I know, let the engine put it together for you.

By the changes you already made you got a lot more positioning, now grab them all and more!!!!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...a+&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...e+&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...on&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...e+&btnG=Search

now make pages for each subject and you will get another place under the home page listings (number 1 and 2)

Now work on conversion and page load time. Placement is the easy part - conversion takes work

I'll send you a bill........lol

Last edited by pinkfluffybunny; 03-07-2008 at 07:39 AM.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

I really appreciate the help, but that won't get be in trouble with the search engines. I need to get good search results and not get penalized. Like I said I really appreciate the help. I just want to make it right so I dont have any problems.

If your scared say your scared. " I'm Scared " LOL

Old 03-07-2008, 07:46 AM
v7n Mentor

damn man you're hard headed - do what you want

I'll type slow so you can keep up. If the info is really on the page - it's not spamming. If it's not there it's spamming.

So put the info on the page and let the engine know it's there.

You are helping them, not tricking them if the content is there. You're the kind of business they want to place high - you just have to let them know what you offer and where. (the other engines is not their only competition - the yellow pages are also)

Believe it or not I am damn good at this and I try to help small business people when I can, but most of the time they don't take advice unless they have been ripped off by seo guys a couple times....lol

go get a google api for a google map (sign up) and pm the API to me I'll send you the code for a interactive map.

Put your damn address and phone number on each page on that banner (in text) - how in the hell are they going to find or contact you? Plus the engines will list it at the top so people can call - it would be up there with these - http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...c=IE-SearchBox which gives you 1 and 2

Take those damn off site links off your pages and don't link to anyone or ask for links it can only hurt you.

Sponsors? - screw um.

MSN and yahoo indexed you - grab more - http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...c=IE-SearchBox

Women are looking for you on MSN.....

Your site needs 30 or so pages each descripting a particular service and product - you'll then have 2 or 3 hundred top 10's. You'll get them there - so start thinking how you're going to convert them.

think about what that damn page will look like if the wife prints it out for hubby to see a product - yuck -

Last edited by pinkfluffybunny; 03-07-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 AM
v7n Mentor

One more thing - take the damn eagles off they aren't helping and they mean nothing to anyone but you!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfluffybunny View Post
One more thing - take the damn eagles off they aren't helping and they mean nothing to anyone but you!
hahaha..lol...nice eyes pinkfluffybunny...just wondering what eagle's signifies...

Old 03-07-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfluffybunny View Post
I like this one, nice comment fluffy bunny...

you also got 2 navigation bars, 1 on the top, another on the most bottom part...maybe you'd like to remove the bottom navigation, its unusual for a site having that, footer is what usually placed in it... yours is not a footer obviously...

Old 03-07-2008, 03:20 PM
v7n Mentor

If he wants to show he's patriotic he should donate to a VFW (sponsor) and say something like "we are proud sponsors of the VFW - supporting our troops and their families, etc etc", it will get those VFW members to use his company as well and no one can interperate it as being a political statement (for or against the war).

about the bottom nav - that's an area to add more "tile" links - "jacksonville tile client support", north Florida title privacy" etc.
He needs to work on the links on the left and add many more pages - a few 1st places won't do the job he needs dozens.

not "testimonials 1" but "jax tile company testimonials" etc.

But then he'd have to redesign and I think he likes the look...... His choice look or function.

He needs a guy like me to shake him up and tell him to stop being dumb....lol

I'll keep an eye on the site - my bet is he'll go for his look.

When he figures out how many people leave because of the 112,000 k pic on the home page, he'll start looking at it differently.
What the hell does that damn thing show anyway? All I see is a bad paint job! Where's the tile?

Last edited by pinkfluffybunny; 03-07-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

Pinkfluffy. I was appreciating the help but your stupid comments are getting old. For the fact I have been reading over css. As far as shaking me up no worries. Lots of people talk crap when they are not face to face and I just look at that as stupidty. Oh well that's life. You have way to much time on your hands.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:15 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcountry View Post
Pinkfluffy. I was appreciating the help but your stupid comments are getting old. For the fact I have been reading over css. As far as shaking me up no worries. Lots of people talk crap when they are not face to face and I just look at that as stupidty. Oh well that's life. You have way to much time on your hands.
no crap - sound advice! I'd tell you to your face, I do to clients - but then I can get away with it, because I get results.
I wouldn't talk crap about laying tile, cause I don't know about it - but online marketing - that I'm good at, i'm scary good at it..... I've never met anyone better (it ain't bragging if you can do it)....

So stupid - hmmmm If you read between the jabs it's just good advice.....
taking a few jabs is a lot cheaper than the cost you'd pay to hire a pro to tell you the same things face to face...

Eagles?

Last edited by pinkfluffybunny; 03-07-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Contributing Member

-Title should be brief and informative.
-Simple and meaningful description is required.
-No spamming in keywords.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum