Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense

AdSense Offers tips and discussions about Google AdSense.

Share |
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

First thing you need to learn is ' Never put your eggs in a one basket ' Adsense has always been a prick. Its very easy to get your account banned and the chances of getting it back is next to nil. However you could use advertising networks other than Adsense and run 2-3 on your site, experiment with positions and you will have good results and news sites as such won't have too many advertisements or will they? I am not sure on the relevancy though, but check with Clicksor,Tribal Fusion,Adbrite. You could see banner ads directly too, it would pay you pretty good too.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Johnson View Post
First thing you need to learn is ' Never put your eggs in a one basket ' Adsense has always been a prick. Its very easy to get your account banned and the chances of getting it back is next to nil. However you could use advertising networks other than Adsense and run 2-3 on your site, experiment with positions and you will have good results and news sites as such won't have too many advertisements or will they? I am not sure on the relevancy though, but check with Clicksor,Tribal Fusion,Adbrite. You could see banner ads directly too, it would pay you pretty good too.
Yeah adsense is just ridiculous. I'm currently using AdMedia and InfoLinks. They both have been paying me less than 25 cents per day. That is while I'm giving them 500-1500 impressions/day without any bought traffic, any traffic exchanges, click exchanges, etc. Clicksor has ads with malware (or at least they used to) so I'm extremely weary. I haven't heard good things about TF or AB. I could try to sell banner ads directly but there aren't a ton of people with products relating directly to my niche...

Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sl.im View Post
Yeah adsense is just ridiculous. I'm currently using AdMedia and InfoLinks. They both have been paying me less than 25 cents per day. That is while I'm giving them 500-1500 impressions/day without any bought traffic, any traffic exchanges, click exchanges, etc. Clicksor has ads with malware (or at least they used to) so I'm extremely weary. I haven't heard good things about TF or AB. I could try to sell banner ads directly but there aren't a ton of people with products relating directly to my niche...
For high traffic sites, you could have a better chance at scoring some advertisers by using http://buysellads.com/ to sell advertising space.

I have no experience using them but they are popular.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 AM

They send a lot of emails claiming invalid clicks because they've sent some to some friends of mine. But one got re-accepted and they found out he did and called him saying why he deleted his account said because of profanity. So maybe the invalid clicks might be an automated email? Not 100% sure...

Old 07-03-2011, 01:19 PM

You mentioned that Google admitted that you committed no violation but are likely to do so in future. Have you enquired what the reason is that they feel this way ?
Are they profiling you ?
Do you have your photo on the site , maybe you look a bit shady .
Or maybe Google has employed a physic ?

Old 07-04-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetop10hostings View Post
Is it real? won't google ban new account if he uses another account on same site after getting one account banned?
They said they would ban any other account I made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeoShop View Post
You mentioned that Google admitted that you committed no violation but are likely to do so in future. Have you enquired what the reason is that they feel this way ?
Are they profiling you ?
Do you have your photo on the site , maybe you look a bit shady .
Or maybe Google has employed a physic ?
I did, they didn't elaborate at all. They just said something along the lines of "we have reviewed your case and decided that your account will still be closed."
Honestly, I think it has to do with the content of my site, one page which includes a bunch of information about Google's relationship with the government of the United States.
No photo of me, lol. I'd say it is either a psychic or they just don't like what my site has to say about them.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 PM

If they manually review your site and saw that content then you are S.O.L.

If you start another website, apply for a adsense account again but don't put the ads on this site that got you in trouble in the first place.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:45 AM

google will never reinstate the account , They can re instate account in any matter except invalid activity, I know you have done nothing wrong but it is not possible , Try 1 thing go & apply for adsense again but first clear all histories & cookies & dont open the banned account after applying again . hope it helps!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:58 AM

Google is so strict now.. You can use click bank or other pay per sale programs..

Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healme View Post
Google is so strict now.. You can use click bank or other pay per sale programs..

You are right healme but i google allowd me 2 times on a same website to join them, they normally banned the account not the site which was displaying the ads so we can try again .

Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

You'll have to try out other alternatives, very few adsense accounts get re-instated.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:05 AM

I had some issue with AdSense last year. They cut my earnings for 500 euros for invalid clicks (???). I never used black hat methods and everything on the site was the same as it was before and after that month.
I send them an email, they never replied.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara-SEO View Post
I had some issue with AdSense last year. They cut my earnings for 500 euros for invalid clicks (???). I never used black hat methods and everything on the site was the same as it was before and after that month.
I send them an email, they never replied.
I'm from the USA and not sure what the Euro convert ratio is but it sounds like a lot in invalid click's.

Even though you never used blackhat methods, you could still recieve invalid click's. It just happens from time to time and really no use in contacting google because you'd be lucky to get a HUMAN response back within a year. I really wish Google adsense would get a live chat feature going for certain adsense issue's where you can talk to the expert to get a true answer.

</end rant>

Searching in google for "adsense alternatives" will give you a few sites who list some other networks to try but nothing is as good as adsense i'm afraid.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I'm from the USA and not sure what the Euro convert ratio is but it sounds like a lot in invalid click's.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...1g-m1&aql=&oq=

1 US dollar = 0.7048 euros

So 500 euros would be around $352.40 if I did my math right.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Contributing Member

Google AdSense is a very fragile system. They stopped sending me adverts (they did not ban me) for having copyrighted images on my website. Although 1 or 2 might have slipped through (image copyright is a minefield of laws) the one they found was actually a postcard! If I remove the images they will be sending me ads again. For me this is not possible because I have about 1,200 postcards on the website, and they are royalty free, Google just doesn't want to understand.

They seem to be protecting their ad buyers as that is 30% of their income these days. They don't need us, unfortunately.

I have now registered with bysellads.com, but have yet to be accepted.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sl.im View Post
What I find interesting here is you've mentioned "click exchanges" so obviously this is something that you are aware of.

Invalid clicks are generally nothing to worry about unless you are doing something terribly wrong.

I get invalid clicks, we all get them. I've even made the mistake and clicked on my own ad when testing something one time.

Been rocking on Adsense for years and no problems.

Google has many ways to collect data about you and your activity. THINK ... they own Gmail, Google Toolbar, Google Plus and many other services .... you think they may not just know what's happening?

Think again.

Move on, forget Adsense.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:24 PM

adsense did the very same thing to me and that really made me mad, they said it was invalid click activity which to be honest wasnt the case at all, so i looked up and went for clicksor and it wasnt even close. In the meantime i tried to plead my case with google adsense people and my application/plea was rejected twice but i dunno something just happened, i made a new gmail account for the same website which they had banned for invalid click activity and i was approved pretty amazing isnt it I STILL DONT BELEIVE IT TO THIS DAY and i didnt do anything else like changing my isp, changing my address or transferring the domains ownership to anyone else it just happend and i Thank GOD to this day its a miracle

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense