Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 04-23-2013, 11:49 PM
Contributing Member

Updating Content Frequently But SERP is not Improving

Hello Friends,

This time i need your help. I have a blog latestvoucherscodes.blogspot.com, where I am frequently updating my content but I am noticing since last month that my SERP is not improving. I am not doing any link building only participating in the top forums community and doing social bookmarking in top sites. I had improved my internal linking structure as well.

Please help me friends, what I am missing in my blog.

Last edited by snakeair; 04-24-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Contributing Member

Move to hosted domain on wordpress. Install themes like genesis and thesis, install plugins like SEO by Yoast. You will see huge difference.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambright View Post
Hello Friends,

This time i need your help. I have a blog latestvoucherscodes.blogspot.com, where I am frequently updating my content but I am noticing since last month that my SERP is not improving. I am not doing any link building only participating in the top forums community and doing social bookmarking in top sites. I had improved my internal linking structure as well.

Please help me friends, what I am missing in my blog.
You start a goo analysis on blog page. How quality the contents you are posting, check content duplicate.

Last edited by snakeair; 04-24-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 PM
v7n Mentor

Adam,

While there are numerous things that could improve your rankings, you should definitely try participating in Google Plus along with other social networks. There is evidence that social signals form Google plus are very effective for increasing your rankings. Google Authorship is also playing a large role.

http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/google-aut...s-a-case-study

Hope that helps,

Shawn

Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanaher View Post
Adam,

While there are numerous things that could improve your rankings, you should definitely try participating in Google Plus along with other social networks. There is evidence that social signals form Google plus are very effective for increasing your rankings. Google Authorship is also playing a large role.

http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/google-aut...s-a-case-study

Hope that helps,

Shawn
Hello Smanaher

I am already using the G+ social signal plugin. And also integrated Google authorship but dont know why it is not working.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Contributing Member

here is your answer ...

Quote:
http://www.google.com/#q=site:latestvoucherscodes.blogspot.in/&filter=0&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45645796,d.bmk& fp=d305e74069924022&biw=1024&bih=665
dude your posts hasn't been crawled by google yet so indexing is far away ...

keep pinging your blog ..

submit new post ..

integrate webmaster with in and everytime you add page tell webmaster to crawl them i think there is limit of 500 pages ..

hope this will help you ...

1 more thing noticable here ..

Quote:
A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt learn more.
i can see it in your site result so that is also and issue .. well i m surprised this time how robots.txt in blog lol !!!

think over it dude and give us review so we can have good knowledge sharing and reach to conclusions ...

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 04-25-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Removed live part of one link

Old 04-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member

I think for better results you should have to start with back links techniques for your blog like directory submissions of your blog, guest posting, niche blog commenting, web2.0 submissions, etc...

Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmathur View Post
Move to hosted domain on wordpress. Install themes like genesis and thesis, install plugins like SEO by Yoast. You will see huge difference.
Having a blogspot is an added advantage, your post gets indexed very quickly as you post, you get interlinked easily using tags.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambright View Post
Hello Smanaher

I am already using the G+ social signal plugin. And also integrated Google authorship but dont know why it is not working.
Did you follow all the steps to setting up authorship?

http://www.google.com/insidesearch/f...hip/index.html

Look at bottom right hand corner of the link above, there 2 steps you need to do. Verify email address and follow the directions on this page: https://plus.google.com/authorship#authorship

After that, you need to wait for the authorship to take effect. I have no clue how long that takes.

When you verified everything, if you have not done so already, add a blog post you made into this test field to see if it works: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

This just a preview to see if everything is setup correctly so when authorship is enabled, you'll see how it looks in the search results.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklemarlow View Post
here is your answer ...

dude your posts hasn't been crawled by google yet so indexing is far away ...

keep pinging your blog ..

submit new post ..

integrate webmaster with in and everytime you add page tell webmaster to crawl them i think there is limit of 500 pages ..

hope this will help you ...

1 more thing noticable here ..

i can see it in your site result so that is also and issue .. well i m surprised this time how robots.txt in blog lol !!!

think over it dude and give us review so we can have good knowledge sharing and reach to conclusions ...
Hey Twinklemarlow,

This is blogspot.com and all the links are generating on blogsopt.com. The google search query link which you had provided me is on blogspot.in which is not considerable. Please see this http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=site:latestvoucherscodes.blogspot.com%2F&oq=s ite:latestvoucherscodes.blogspot.com%2F&gs_l=serp. 3...222226.223453.0.223739.5.5.0.0.0.3.219.855.0j3 j2.5.0...0.0...1c.1.11.psy-ab.dIhnH-c0ptA&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=dc40e00593934de8& biw=1920&bih=903

You can see my post are crawling properly.Hope you will get the idea.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 05-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum