Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Share |
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

Promotion of new Forum

I have created a new forum about SEO but having problem with the promotion. Can anybody suggest me how to promote a forum and get members??
As, the forum is installed in a blog's sub-domain so i have readers and contributors present already but they are not joining it. What should i do??

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1129 View Post
I have created a new forum about SEO but having problem with the promotion. Can anybody suggest me how to promote a forum and get members??
As, the forum is installed in a blog's sub-domain so i have readers and contributors present already but they are not joining it. What should i do??
Are you creating some threads in all the categories and submitting them to the social media sites that you have buttons for?

It's hard getting a forum started with active members but providing fresh content daily is a start.

Have you done a press release yet about the new forum? Do you have the forum listed in your signature at all the forums that you belong to? Your's won't appear till 30 posts on this forum btw.

What marketing methods have you done already? You said you started a SEO forum so i'm pretty much sure that you made SEO changes to the forum to make it super search engine friendly.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Are you creating some threads in all the categories and submitting them to the social media sites that you have buttons for?

It's hard getting a forum started with active members but providing fresh content daily is a start.

Have you done a press release yet about the new forum? Do you have the forum listed in your signature at all the forums that you belong to? Your's won't appear till 30 posts on this forum btw.

What marketing methods have you done already? You said you started a SEO forum so i'm pretty much sure that you made SEO changes to the forum to make it super search engine friendly.
Presently, no marketing strategy is taken. As, my forum is only a couple of days old i have only told my readers of blog to join. In your opinion what strategy i should undertake?? I am looking for free marketing styles not paid ones such as google adwords etc.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Contributing Member

You need to make your forum busy by getting some people to start posting in it on daily basis and register i different forums and put a signature linking back to your forum. this may require your hard work and patience but in long run your will gain.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwande View Post
You need to make your forum busy by getting some people to start posting in it on daily basis and register i different forums and put a signature linking back to your forum. this may require your hard work and patience but in long run your will gain.
How can i get contributors to my forum??

Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1129 View Post
How can i get contributors to my forum??
I have seen some threads on this forum in which forum owners hiring people to start topic's in there new forum but you can't be sure they original ones or not till you check them out.

Try to run a referal contest or some sort of contest on your forum with some prize's. They could even be free prize's as in free banner spot for a month or free sticky thread for a month. Then ask your blog members to share the contest online and help you out. Perhaps one of them will win in as they loyal blog readers.

I just woke up so need a few cups of coffee to get the thinking cap working a lot better.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I have seen some threads on this forum in which forum owners hiring people to start topic's in there new forum but you can't be sure they original ones or not till you check them out.

Try to run a referal contest or some sort of contest on your forum with some prize's. They could even be free prize's as in free banner spot for a month or free sticky thread for a month. Then ask your blog members to share the contest online and help you out. Perhaps one of them will win in as they loyal blog readers.

I just woke up so need a few cups of coffee to get the thinking cap working a lot better.
how can i know that which member is referring whom?? Is there any way to track them ?? & also what are sticky threads??

Old 07-11-2013, 09:37 PM

What forum software are you using? I don't think you mentioned that already.

There could be plugins or modules to install.

When I had a vbulletin forum on 3.8 version, I had a plugin install and I ran referal contests when I first started it to get new members joining. Of course I had to make sure people was not registering new accounts under the same IP and stuff to try to cheat.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
What forum software are you using? I don't think you mentioned that already.

There could be plugins or modules to install.

When I had a vbulletin forum on 3.8 version, I had a plugin install and I ran referal contests when I first started it to get new members joining. Of course I had to make sure people was not registering new accounts under the same IP and stuff to try to cheat.
I am using phpbb 3

Old 07-15-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrysmith View Post
Hi,

I've tried building a forum in the past, without much luck at all. Most the forums that are successful today are very old in age. It really isn't worth your time to try and build a foerum these days.

greg smith
I agree with you. When I started one it was in 2007 and I got it going fast with some trick's and lot's of money. I sold the forum a year later as I just love blogging more.

A lot of people see these big forums and think that they can do better and think they can make a living from the forum but it's not as easy as you think. There is a lot of niche forums that have been around for many years and have a good reputation in which people link to them all over the internet.

It will be hard to start a forum from scratch and have a few hundred people viewing it daily (not counting the bots).

It will take money to make your forum successful as you need a custom theme, custom features and lot's of advertising to be able to compete with your competitors who have an established forum online.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

Growing a forum is beyond a challenge just like any other website that already exists on the web. Best solution is provide freebies for your members, e-books, web hosting, gifts, points, promotional offers etc. Word of mouth is the only key to success because face to face is the key to sharing what is important, and that you feel others will benefit from.

These days there is so much everything that is the SAME THING and drives people nuts, but little do they know that each one provides something unique. So be sure to do this and I can almost guarantee you will see traffic grow. Look for what people need, this will help you understand where the unique traffic will come from to better your services.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

I have a forum myself and yes they are definitely hard to get going. I created some users myself and post topics and replies to said topics with those fake user accounts.

It seems to be working as I'm getting some contributing members joining and posting.

It does seem weird though to be talking to yourself. lol

I talk to myself offline as well anyway.

Chad

Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Contributing Member

I concur with what has been said above, that starting a forum takes time and patience. Most of the forums do not make it, so if you are doing it for profit its going to be a long wait. Join as many forums as you can. You can get some feeds from there through your signature links. People following your blog are not guaranteed to join in your forum especially if it is of no interest to them. I am assuming its not related to SE0 which is why they are not interested in joining the forum.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:13 PM

Tip: when advertising, tell what makes your forum unique. Don't just tell we're the best community. Nah.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 AM

Forum needs time to get success, you need to post quality contents, Create blogs for your forum , do proper S.E.O. , promote in facebook, twtter and g+

Old 07-31-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruva View Post
Forum needs time to get success, you need to post quality contents, Create blogs for your forum , do proper S.E.O. , promote in facebook, twtter and g+
What do you mean by creating blogs for your forum?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruva View Post
I already have a blog, i mean my site was previously only a wordpress blog but now in order to help my readers i have installed the forum.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:32 PM

i have just started a forum also and i am having the same issue lots of visitors but nobody signing up its fustrating

Old 08-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Banned

Include many categories in it.
As it is seo forum you should provide signature link to users.
And SEO people get back links from high pr site, to get quality back link, as your is new that should be low pr forum.
Target some specific user.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:13 AM

Actually this is bit hard. create useful post,which helps to people. Do sharing with facebook, twitter and G+. you can try Adword too.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management