Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Share |
Old 01-23-2017, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

1 Fundamental of Successful Blogging: Engage Naturally on Social Media

I have over 11 thousand tweets right now. Not enough as the blog author though.

http://www.bloggingtips.com/2017/01/...-social-media/

I get a lot of traffic from social media mainly because that's what I focus on the most. It does help if your existing followers share your content but I can't count on that always.

I below to a lot of Facebook groups in my niche and I give free advice out without self promoting and sometimes they view my profile in which my blog link is in there for free traffic. I'm Trying to brand my name on Facebook as a good helper and in return Karma works.

Have a look at this blog post and let's have a friendly discussion in this thread.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2017, 08:00 AM

Very well written article with valuable information. The most powerful thing you stated above is "I give free advice out without self promoting". If I wanted to chat with a salesman, I would go to a car dealership! Regardless of how successful our Blog is we are always seeking help to improve upon it. By offering help, contributing to a conversation with helpful content you are establishing yourself as an authority. People seek the knowledge of an authority figure and may proceed to your Blog. Social Media, if used correctly will funnel people to your Site, However, if they feel you are in it just to shove ads down their throat--they will proceed elsewhere! Once again, a very good article!

Old 01-28-2017, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP Screamer View Post
Very well written article with valuable information. The most powerful thing you stated above is "I give free advice out without self promoting". If I wanted to chat with a salesman, I would go to a car dealership! Regardless of how successful our Blog is we are always seeking help to improve upon it. By offering help, contributing to a conversation with helpful content you are establishing yourself as an authority. People seek the knowledge of an authority figure and may proceed to your Blog. Social Media, if used correctly will funnel people to your Site, However, if they feel you are in it just to shove ads down their throat--they will proceed elsewhere! Once again, a very good article!
Excellent response.

I just write what is on my mind or what I think is important but try to give more then 1 option of doing things. Also any comments I will go out of my way to answer them even if I have to link out and not benefit off that. I believe in good karma.

Hence I now moderator 2 popular forums. I get nothing in return but I like to keep order, share stuff that will benefit someone and try to correct bad advice when I see it happening.

In fact, I spend more time on 2 forums then my blog weeks at a time. Lord knows I have a load of things I want to do on my blog but I like doing what I do on forums. lol

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion