Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Share |
Old 08-15-2017, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

Looking to provide a Web Host for a Forum

We have a forum that many of the users like to post images to. They have used several third-party sites like Flicker, postimg, photo bucket, ect. in the past. This has become frustrating due to policy changes so I'm looking at providing a site to accommodate this. So far I've tried out Coppermine, Cheverto and another called Artvenue.
Each one has good points and not so good points. So, I'm asking here is anyone has any recommendations for such a platform. Ideally what I'd like to offer is simple image hosting where the user can show case their pictures in a gallery form as well as share them easily.
Some other things I am looking for is adding images from other websites, a self-contained commenting system (I see no reason to make users sign-up for a third party app just to comment), Ad implementation, easy to edit and modify existing templates, external storage server support (don't know much about this but I'd love to check it out) and finally the ability to categorize with albums, categories, sub-categories and tags. There are a few other things I'd like but let's just stop there.
I hope I'm not expecting much, but really, each of the above platforms does some of what I'm looking for but no one does all.
Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management