Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-08-2018, 05:38 AM
Banned

How much time it will take to learn PHP

I am a beginner, have just a basic knowledge of html and css. The purpose of learning php i want to develop WordPress themes. Will it need a long time to be perfect in PHP?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2018, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

I never did much with WP so I will only speak in generalities. All the better written scripts keep the PHP functions and the HTML / CSS completely separate. So I am not convinced that you would need to learn a lot of PHP to write templates for any of them.

I think the other mods may have a better understanding of this than me. Give them or other members a chance to respond.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadeemktk View Post
I am a beginner, have just a basic knowledge of html and css. The purpose of learning php i want to develop WordPress themes. Will it need a long time to be perfect in PHP?
Probably 1 week-2 weeks or 16 hours worth of learning? It's nots a large language and you already know HTML.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member

Well you can get good in a few months with 6h per day of practicing but keep in mind that there are coders which they do not know even after years of coding the entire language, you can start to code everything you want, just do it and you will learn but you will never know 100% the entire language and all the tricks however you can be good enough. I start to code from 2006 and even today I'm still checking the php.net for functions, parameters and so on... Some people may say python is much easier but if you know html and css then you are good to go for php because is the most used on web.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:18 AM

It is totally up to your concentration and hard work. Impossible can be possible by hard work and positive attitude.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:54 AM

It depends on your learning skills. If you are already master with any of the programming languages like C++, Java or .Net, then you can easily learn PHP within a week or two weeks.
Because all programming language has mostly same OOPs Concept.

as per my thinking, you can easily learn within two weeks.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Closed Thread