Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 AM

Thumbs up Review: Your3host.com

This is quite recently launched website which provides free hosting, we would love to hear feedback regarding:

1. Simplicity and clarity of what it offers.
2. User friendly fast and easy navigation.
3. Positioning of banner/header/menu etc..

Feedback of any other aspects are also appreciated.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I removed both of your posts. No need to bump your thread. It's the weekend and this forum is slow in activity.

Someone will review your website soon.

Thanks

Old 02-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

Hi,

It starts well, but it's like whoever did it got half way through it and just got bored. The navigation is nice and the colour scheme is good too.

I would swap the ad for a call to action. I would move that in-between the 3 boxes and the 3 sections of text. I would lose the justification of the text and maybe even style it to be a similar font to the nav and header etc.

The footer is like a last minute thought. Add some logos or something to help emphasis the tech you will be using. Again, make the font the same as the header and nav (and the middle lot of text) etc.

I would suggest sourcing some proper pictures. Those stock ones are cheap and nasty and do nothing for anything ever.

I would make your nav bar stick so when the page is scrolled that stays at the top where it is

Good luck

Last edited by jamesosix; 02-23-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesosix View Post
Hi,

I would lose the justification of the text and maybe even style it to be a similar font to the nav and header etc.
I agree- the justification makes it look weirdly blocky. When I scrolled over the page I thought it was Lorem Ipsum/placeholder text and later realized there was actual content there. I also really like fonts to match across pages.

It loads easily for me, though, I'll give you that! It is clear on what it offers, but it's very simple, sort of bare. I'm usually someone who likes whitespace in their webpages- most sites I see have way too much going on- but yours is veering into the territory of "bare and unfinished".

Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Contributing Member

I like it, except for a few things:
-Shiny orb thing in favicon, logo, etc. makes me cringle. A simple gradient or single color would be better in my opinion.
-What does the name signify? You don't charge $3 (free), you don't give 3GB disk (10GB), you don't give them 3 anything...
-Stock image on home page is bad. You've gone fine on the rest of the site, don't cheat with stock images
-Login button at top could be a little narrower to line up with the boxes for email and password
-Although I understand it's a free hosting site, SSL would go a long way in increasing legitimacy and user confidentness. Keep it in mind!

Hope it takes off though, good luck! Make sure you remember that servers, etc. do cost money so you need to find a way to generate revenue!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Contributing Member

Hi,

I just reviewed your site and here's what I've come up with...
  • The artwork is excellent and extremely polished.
  • The color scheme is appealing and simple so it doesn't overwhelm any readers.
  • There seems to be no favicon (I'm seeing the default "globe" using Firefox. I would recommend adding a favicon that matches your color scheme and possibly even your logo.
  • I would add links to content for each item listed in your "Features" page. It will provide more information about each feature to your readers as well as allow you to acquire a higher number of pages per visit, which is important to Search Providers in order to rank you.
  • I recommend adding a phone number and address to your "Contact Us" page, as most customers will want to know that they have access to humans for assistance.
  • I recommend adding a conceptual architecture of your platform to your FAQ section. Many customers will want to know your technical design, if only at a conceptual level.
  • Many of the things that are listed in your "Get Started" page read more like FAQs than instructions.

I hope this helps.

My Best,

Frank

Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Banned

Your website is looking very good design and also looking very simple, anyone can use your website navigation very easily. After all your website very SEO friendly.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailog View Post
This is quite recently launched website which provides free hosting, we would love to hear feedback regarding:

1. Simplicity and clarity of what it offers.
2. User friendly fast and easy navigation.
3. Positioning of banner/header/menu etc..

Feedback of any other aspects are also appreciated.
The design of website is good but lot of space are not used so i suggest to use these spaces to make the site look more live you can also add scripts your website.

Last edited by Prasant Saxsena; 08-08-2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Some Alignment Problems

Old 08-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Thread creator has not logged in since Feb. Thread closed and pay attention to the warning message in the quick reply box. It is there for a reason.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Closed Thread