Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 10-04-2016, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Authority & link building with real-time Penguin

Hmmmm, wonder who won't read this.

Quote:
So it happened. Google finally released Penguin 4.0*— the last Penguin update of its kind, as*it now processes in real time as a part of Google’s core ranking algorithm.

In this post, I want to take a look at what Penguin is, how this update affects the SEO community as a whole and how the brave and the bold can continue to safely improve their organic visibility without fear of repercussions from punitive search engine algorithms.

The announcement

After a few weeks of turbulence in the SERPs, the announcement that many had predicted was finally made.

The Penguin*4.0*announcement*had two key points:
Continued at: http://marketingland.com/authority-l...penguin-193400

Past few days a lot of topic's have come up about Googles recent changes and I do hope everyone actually reads them. If not, we will see lot's of threads in here.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member

Links - we've lost a lot of links from when I was an Admin in another forum that was closed. But I guess that doesn't matter much any more and we've got valid value links remaining. I'm not going to make any further changes - links or other wise for a while.

FYI - Without changing making any significant changes on our site pages, what ever has happened over the last week or so, has been nothing but positive for us. As mentioned in another thread, our keys have jumped to page one (mostly top 5) from mid to top of page two. I seriously hope it's not a blip, and is a refresh, moving those pages in top positions that don't deserve page one, and are moving them to page two - or beyond.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by LMD; 10-04-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:34 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks again Bro! , for sharing this wonderfully written article or post on penguin update. I was searching the net so that someone can come with a simple post which i can understand.

My doubt is whether i can continue my linkbuilding tactic ( i.e., social bookmarking, blog commenting, forum posting, blog posting and image sharing) irrespective of the penguin update ?

Old 10-06-2016, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member

I did not found any big changes in my SERp pages for my clients. Still my ranking standing on their place. Minor fluctuation had been happened but that as positive for me.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionresourcehair View Post
My doubt is whether i can continue my linkbuilding tactic ( i.e., social bookmarking, blog commenting, forum posting, blog posting and image sharing) irrespective of the penguin update ?
As long as your participation is "earnest", wherever you hang out (not bad sites/areas of the internet), you should have nothing to fear.

I'd recommend taking the word "tactics" out of your online participation vocabulary, and you should be fine.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:32 AM

I did not found any big changes in my SERp pages for my clients.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Ugh - sliding backwards on some keys as of this morning.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
As long as your participation is "earnest", wherever you hang out (not bad sites/areas of the internet), you should have nothing to fear.

I'd recommend taking the word "tactics" out of your online participation vocabulary, and you should be fine.
hmmm... they say penguin update is realtime i.e., it means the penalties are given then and there and if you rectify it you can recover fast right ?

Old 10-07-2016, 04:09 AM
Contributing Member

Hi all... The one thing I have analyzed that before this update whenever I check my or my clients website the last crawled by google was very recently or with a delay of 1 day max. But after these update I saw that there are huge difference in it......

Thanks

Old 10-07-2016, 04:56 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
hmmm... they say penguin update is realtime i.e., it means the penalties are given then and there and if you rectify it you can recover fast right ?
It's been said that if you have acquired toxic links which are the problem, then disavow them. How long it takes to disavow, I'm not sure. Getting some positive links in the meantime wouldn't be a bad thing, but remember, a few good ones will out-weigh a lot of mediocre ones.

Quote:
Ugh - sliding backwards on some keys as of this morning.
Hmmm. Whatever updates are propagating out are causing an up-and-down movement. Today, the keys are moving up again. Lots of movement from day to day. Going to leave it for a week and see what happens over the next 7 days.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:52 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
It's been said that if you have acquired toxic links which are the problem, then disavow them. How long it takes to disavow, I'm not sure. Getting some positive links in the meantime wouldn't be a bad thing, but remember, a few good ones will out-weigh a lot of mediocre ones.
toxic means your saying about the spam links rite ? not much of concern for me because most of my sites that i do seo dont have spammy links but the problem is most of them are no follow links is that a problem ?

Last edited by fashionresourcehair; 10-12-2016 at 02:56 AM.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
toxic means your saying about the spam links rite ? not much of concern for me because most of my sites that i do seo dont have spammy links
I was referring to your statement re:

Quote:
penalties are given...recover fast right?
Quote:
but the problem is most of them are no follow links is that a problem ?
With it purported that "nofollow links" are a small percentage of links on the web, growing and shaping a link profile with mostly "nofollow" links, could look suspicious to a Google algo.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
With it purported that "nofollow links" are a small percentage of links on the web, growing and shaping a link profile with mostly "nofollow" links, could look suspicious to a Google algo.
you mean we have to avoid nofollow links? i mean seriously?

Old 10-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekUrdu View Post
you mean we have to avoid nofollow links? i mean seriously?
Huh?? Where did I say that??

Old 10-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

If you need a vouch on the disavow matter, it's taken a LOT longer to remove my bad backlinks that randomly appear for me where as before penguin, they'd be gone in around 4 days.

It also crawled my URL parameters which it never before and now it's spammed my homepage 17 times, but 2 weeks have gone after working to sort this issue and my SERP going back to normal.

I've gotten the most clicks past 28 days I've ever had in business but my SERP has been the worst, so weird ...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum