Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > V7N Webmaster Marketplace > The Webmaster Marketplace > Content

Content Buy and sell scripts, prewritten articles and databases for your website or blog here.

Share |
Old 06-28-2011, 11:40 PM
v7n Mentor

tinyFeedback - A minimalistic user feedback script

Originally posted as a response in the coding-forums, per recommendation I now post this listing for a simple script I wrote for gathering user feedback.

The script, named tinyFeedback, aims to be unobtrusive to the visitor and comparatively easy for the webmaster to configure. It currently requires jQuery (a popular JavaScript library) to function.

The script is provided free of charge and is distributed under a Creative Commons licence.

Installation and configuration information as well as a live demo is a valiable at the following location: tinyFeedback.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member

Hi cbsmth

Really appreciate the work you put into this, and I think with a little further development this would be excellent

Couple of issues, I already pointed this out in the other thread in drips and drabs, I'll outline them here for you in one concise post.

1) The floating request bar does not float at all in internet explorer for some reason, on all versions from IE6 to IE9
2) the press [x] to close negative response from does not appear in IE, may need to be fixed or just write a message saying press Esc to close, esc does close the box

3) I'm wondering whether it would be less intrusive to have the floating request bar get hidden away with a cookie after the user has clicked yes or no, I would imagine that it's no longer necessary to ask the same question over and over again after they've already left feedback. Although this is just my personal take, other people may differ on that.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > V7N Webmaster Marketplace > The Webmaster Marketplace > Content