Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Web Directory Issues Issues pertaining to operating or dealing with online directories, or general info about DMOZ, Yahoo!, Google Directory, BOTW, Ezilon, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-30-2016, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Question(s) For Dmoz Editors

Hey, while drinking a cup of coffee right now, idea's popped into my head and well I know more members will have more to share.

I know over the years Dmoz has added some good changes to the directory/features but it's not often things change around to make the directory even better then ever.

What features do you Editors would love to have at your disposal when you are logging into your account to being reviewing websites?

I know its a hard job to review sites and it's a volunteer gig that takes time to review each website to see if it meets the directories editorial guidelines. Can there be anything added to help you editors out in doing your job a little faster or more stress free?

Any cool features being tossed around that you know of?

Btw, the copyright year needs to be updated on the official Dmoz blog. I would love to see at least 3 blog posts written on the blog a month all about the directory industry.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 10:05 PM

Speaking of making the directory better... DMOZ 3.0 was launched a few days ago, it included a complete redesign of the public pages. Several new features have been added to help make browsing the directory easier. The site is now mobile friendly as well.

Thanks for the note about the blog, we are looking to start updating it more regularly now that 3.0 has launched.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:25 PM

I just noticed this last night on the Directory. Dmoz read my mind. lol

Old 06-10-2016, 02:45 AM
v7n Mentor

It was DMOZ's 18th birthday present!

Looks kinda cute, neat and fashionable, don't you think. There are many features inside for editors too. But in the end editors still view all sites for addition and for removal and the same is true for editors. Reviewing new editors and new permissions for existing editors is time consuming. But we boast that it is human edited and it really is. We use bots to find some of the sites we need to look at as they change over time, but in the end it's a human finger on the keys!

So if anyone out there wants to join us in a fascinating hobby.....chose a category that you know something about or have an interest in (something less than 75 sites listed including sub cats) find two or preferably 3 new additions and write a guideline compliant description (http://www.dmoz.org/docs/en/guidelines/describing.html) and then be honest about your affiliations. We allow people to list sites that they are affiliated with, PROVIDED that they declare them and that they treat them no different from any other site and also list the competitors.

Great hobby come and join us.

PS glad to see that you are still around V7, snake.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymously View Post
It was DMOZ's 18th birthday present!

Looks kinda cute, neat and fashionable, don't you think. There are many features inside for editors too. But in the end editors still view all sites for addition and for removal and the same is true for editors. Reviewing new editors and new permissions for existing editors is time consuming. But we boast that it is human edited and it really is. We use bots to find some of the sites we need to look at as they change over time, but in the end it's a human finger on the keys!

So if anyone out there wants to join us in a fascinating hobby.....chose a category that you know something about or have an interest in (something less than 75 sites listed including sub cats) find two or preferably 3 new additions and write a guideline compliant description (http://www.dmoz.org/docs/en/guidelines/describing.html) and then be honest about your affiliations. We allow people to list sites that they are affiliated with, PROVIDED that they declare them and that they treat them no different from any other site and also list the competitors.

Great hobby come and join us.

PS glad to see that you are still around V7, snake.
I've recently not to long ago come back but don't always spend the time on here like I used to. Weekends I tend to be here for awhile. I've been up all night long.

on the 9th they updated my StudioPress theme file so I copied and pasted code into my theme files because I have custom coding in each one. No errors and just got done. lol

I finally submit my blog to Dmoz out of all the blogs I've started in all these years. Still I don't care if it's not listed or not but I had to because of the new design.

See you around online sometime buddy.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Closed Thread