Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Investment in your blog ?

How much money you spend behind your blog to get more traffic ?

Nowdays i m planning to make $500 per month

what about you ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Contributing Member

nice goal.
how many visitors do you have now ?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsmozo View Post

what about you ?
You need to think bigger, there's no reason you shouldn't earn 10 times that on a well researched niche blog.

Invest in a good course on developing and monetizing a blog.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:17 AM

I personally do not spend any money. Well unless you measure time as money besides experimenting (spending a very small amount of money) with Facebook Ads.

Some good programs to spend money for investing in your site is:
- Google Adwords.
- Facebook Ads.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 AM
aka Colleen

Quote:

what about you ?
You make or spend $500? If you make that, then what are you spending?

I don't spend, unless you count the odd article here and there as I don't consider myself a good writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartBusinessMentor View Post
You need to think bigger, there's no reason you shouldn't earn 10 times that on a well researched niche blog.

About that, when should the blog start earning anything, as in how old roughly? I know it's a general question and expect a general response I guess.

I have a niche blog, but think it needs to be older to get anywhere plus I've recently changed the direction it was going. I earn nothing there so far.

And which ways are you implying they should be earning via? Ads, such as AdSense? Or product reviews? Or affiliate programs? Or just anything and everything?

I just read that a new blog should have no ads at all, do you agree with this statement?

Sorry for so many questions, I just like your posts from what I have seen and if you have a site to recommend I read so you don't have to answer so many questions, then please link me up!

I always love discovering new internet marketing blogs I can sign up to and keep updated!

Now I am talking too much, I must go, lol.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:34 AM
v7n Mentor

I don't like this advice. I can think of lots of reasons why someone wouldn't earn 5,000 /month after researching a niche blog. Besides $500/month is a great goal for someone starting out.

And I also don't like the idea of investing in a course. Blogging is not rocket science and you don't need a degree to make a blog or to monetize a blog.

The one thing people might need training in is writing (easy to make money if lots of people read your blog). I could see investing in a writing course but not the spammy SEO writing courses and certainly not the how to make money blogging courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartBusinessMentor View Post

Old 05-08-2011, 05:49 AM
aka Colleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Trotta View Post
I don't like this advice. I can think of lots of reasons why someone wouldn't earn 5,000 /month after researching a niche blog. Besides $500/month is a great goal for someone starting out.

And I also don't like the idea of investing in a course. Blogging is not rocket science and you don't need a degree to make a blog or to monetize a blog.

The one thing people might need training in is writing (easy to make money if lots of people read your blog). I could see investing in a writing course but not the spammy SEO writing courses and certainly not the how to make money blogging courses.
Appreciate your insight into this thread, didn't think of a writing course, that's actually a great idea that I am going to look into.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Like your answers and totally agreed with you! I consider myself newbie to blogging and I viewed that blogging is about passion, about hobby first, before the monetization comes in!

Cheers!

Old 05-17-2011, 01:50 AM

that goal seems quite high to me, I would be happy with $200

Old 05-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Contributing Member

That is wonderful target. If I had that target, I might make some investment in PPC program like adwords.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscolumn View Post
That is wonderful target. If I had that target, I might make some investment in PPC program like adwords.
That's a good way to reach a targeted audience. The question still stands, how much would you plan to spend per month?

If your blog is already earning revenue then you can just use a little bit of that for the advertising costs. Right now, i don't spend a dime on advertising but if i wanted to get traffic to a certain page right away, i'd just use adwords and most likley keep it under around $100 and see what those results are before increasing the money.
Quote:

what about you ?

Old 05-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Contributing Member

Cool Yes but No.... :(

Quote:

what about you ?

This sort of holds true, but in reality no money at all is required. What is required though is good quality content, good seo, and constant change or additional content.

You need a reason for traffic. If you are not blogging on anything that is worth reading, then why will any user no matter how much money you spend come to your site, or even return to the site. Why would they tell others about the site?

The money that you spend, if any at all, is to make the site or blog known to the public. Creating a blog with a million entries is worthless if people do not know it exists.

However it is free to advertise. The same that webmasters are doing here on this forum. I am am writing articles more or less in response to you. Eventually these nice people will link this site to mine and me vise versa. THis is far better advertising and is free. Now when a search engine searches this article or site, it will find alink to my websites and services and the go scan me (UNLESS of course v7n has a "nofollow" directive). The more places my website is mentioned, then better it is for me.

Hence, my advertising only costs me time. i have spent money and got nowhere. i do not spend money to advertise on Google. I am on the first page with good programming instead. My local area competition spends alot of money to be in the number one spot. Well I am numbers 2, 5, 7 and sometimes 3. The price was free. Point is that I am consuming someone's spots on the front page for free and I have more than one. This came only with good programming and SEO.

SEO is a long time process. And it requires alot of upkeep. I cant stand the pirates out tere that tell you that they can come in and get you to number 1 with their SEO tricks. It is not true. it May take Google 3-6 months to get around to scanning you and rating you effectively. The quality of the SEO will determin that position initially but will also influence rescanning and returns. Even then it is a hard trick to master.

There is no need to spend money unless it is on bumper stickers and news paper ads. Advertising on the internet is free with a little bit of time and dedication.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

Blogs? Money? yeah right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
You make or spend $500? If you make that, then what are you spending?

I don't spend, unless you count the odd article here and there as I don't consider myself a good writer.

About that, when should the blog start earning anything, as in how old roughly? I know it's a general question and expect a general response I guess.

I have a niche blog, but think it needs to be older to get anywhere plus I've recently changed the direction it was going. I earn nothing there so far.

And which ways are you implying they should be earning via? Ads, such as AdSense? Or product reviews? Or affiliate programs? Or just anything and everything?

I just read that a new blog should have no ads at all, do you agree with this statement?

Sorry for so many questions, I just like your posts from what I have seen and if you have a site to recommend I read so you don't have to answer so many questions, then please link me up!

I always love discovering new internet marketing blogs I can sign up to and keep updated!

Now I am talking too much, I must go, lol.

Actually the only way for a blog to make money is through advertising and membership fees or subscription fees.

Age of a blog matters little. Running a blog is not free. There are domain name costs, hosting plans costs and time at the minimum. What does matter as far as advertising goes, is the amount of daily traffic. If I pay for advertising on your blog, I want to see how many people my ad will be exposed to. This will assist is determining the potential profits over the cost to advertise.

SO for you to sell advertising, the question needs to be, do I have enough customers looking at my blog?

Subscription fess are another money maker. Your question needs to be, do I have a quality product that causes readers to return to read more? If so, would the pay to read it? If so, then how much?

This can be answered by examining your analytics. You need to look at new visitors as compared to returning visitors. Does this go up on a consistent basis?

So your concern will be the quality of your blog, info provided and services to your readers. Then you will make money.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

Smile Good job!

Quote:

Mr Trotta is correct. His advice is spot on. No need to take courses. A lot of those courses are there specifically to feed on your desire to make money. When in reality the course is the only thing making the money. With go people like this advising, seems you can get a free education here on v7n, to me. i have already been through your same questions and issues. Growing a website simply takes time and dedication. That is it. Quality of your product or service will enhance that.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:18 AM
Banned

try not invest on your blog .. in the initial stage later on the visitors grows ...then try to invest on it.....

Old 05-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

i am doing not any investment on my blog with out investment we are getting 3000 visitors daily with different search or references ..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum