Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 AM
v7n Mentor

What bugs me is the sites being labeled as content farms that are allowed to carry Adsense. If Google had only allowed Adsense on high quality sites, none of this would even be necessary because there would be way fewer crap sites with crap content out there.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 – 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Trotta View Post
What bugs me is the sites being labeled as content farms that are allowed to carry Adsense. If Google had only allowed Adsense on high quality sites, none of this would even be necessary because there would be way fewer crap sites with crap content out there.
And, now, Big G is now out there begging for new AdSense publishers.

Some of the new SERP test displays now show 4 AdWords listings atop the organic.

Wonder what made them consider that?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Its Panda Update 2.1, Not Panda 3.0, Google Says

Hmmm, this is interesting. Just found this blog post on the searchengineland.com blog.

Danny wrote this:

Quote:
There have been rumblings that Google has unveiled another huge algorithm change being dubbed “Panda 3.0″ in some quarters. Officially, Google says it’s not so. Only a minor update, “far smaller” than Panda 2, has happened.

Changes have been spotted by some sharp-eyed SEOs over the past few days, and Google agrees that there were some tweaks made. But as I said, the company says this impacts far fewer rankings than in the past.

Let’s recap:
Continued at: http://searchengineland.com/its-pand...gle-says-76508

Old 05-12-2011, 04:42 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Trotta View Post
Just to clarify something, as far as I know Google has never said there is a
problem with content farms. Only other people have started this myth, but if im wrong on this and google has said it, please post the link as Id like to see.
As far as Im aware, google has only a problem with link farms, not content farms.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallygirl View Post
Just to clarify something, as far as I know Google has never said there is a
problem with content farms. Only other people have started this myth, but if im wrong on this and google has said it, please post the link as Id like to see.
As far as Im aware, google has only a problem with link farms, not content farms.
Whether or not Google has used the precise phrase "content farm" is immaterial.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Despite New Panda Guidelines, Google Still Burying Authoritative Results

Quote:
While quality is often in the eye of the beholder, there are certain kinds of queries where the information being retrieved is simply more important than others. We’ve talked about this before, as it’s been a problem in some Google results.

One example we’ve looked at a few times is where an eHow article written by a freelance writer with no clear authority on cancer (and whose body of work includes a lot of plumbing-related articles) was ranking at the top of Googe’s results for the query “level 4 brain cancer” above numerous other sources that would seem to be of greater authority on such a subject.

In fact, the article did get bumped down after the Panda update, but it does still rank number 2, followed by another result from eHow. Granted, this is just one example, and Demand Media has efforts in motion to improve its own content quality, but you get the point.
Continued at: http://www.webpronews.com/google-pan...esults-2011-05

I have not got around to reading the blog comments yet but there is a lot.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
a freelance writer with no clear authority on cancer (and whose body of work includes a lot of plumbing-related articles)
What? Plumbers aren't qualified Oncologists?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:03 AM
No Longer Active

Well, I have finally figured out why my best website got slaughtered in the Farmer Update. The website has been online over 10 years and has over 10,000 pages of original content. But after doing extensive copyscape, etc checks I estimate there may be in the area of 1 Million breaches of my copyright. Some websites such as this one have stolen up to 100 pages of my content....http://www.crystalinks.com Now the interesting thing is when I check this website it seems that almost every single page on their website is scrapped from someone else, but heres the best part, they are ranking all over the place in Google serps in the top 10. Content they stole from me is ranking in the top 10 while my website disappeared from the rankings.
Have a look at this page how they stole content from major newspapers like the Guardian....http://www.crystalinks.com/stephen_hawking.html

There host is ignoring Take Down Notices and Adsense are ignoring my emails about their stealing my content.

Im getting this same problem all over google results. My website gets slaughtered while scrappers get rewarded for stealing my content.
Now I figure I can spend every day over the next 20 years trying to do something about it, but at the end of 20 years there will only be another million breaches of my copyright from someone else.
In the end Im in a no win situation. I wrote to Google about it but of course no reply. Hopefully one of the engineers from google will read this post and understand what a total mess they made with this update and how they have rewarded those cheats.
In fact I would like someone from Google to reply to this post if they ever read it.

Last edited by snakeair; 05-18-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
There host is ignoring Take Down Notices and Adsense are ignoring my emails about their stealing my content.

I wrote to Google about it but of course no reply. Hopefully one of the engineers from google will read this post and understand what a total mess they made with this update and how they have rewarded those cheats.
In fact I would like someone from Google to reply to this post if they ever read it.
Google's got everything rigged so that they can speak to us, but we can't speak to them. I've been dealing with this kind of BS for years now re. AdWords.

At the moment, I've a situation re. an issue that was settled, favorably no less, back in SEP 2006. Now, out of the blue, it's a problem again. And, as usual, I'm getting the sounds of silence from them.

That is my biggest gripe about Goggle. I don't have this problem with Yahoo and MSN, and I'm pissed that Google thinks that it's somehow privileged so as to have the right to ignore us.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

I think changes is always good as long as those who put in original content get push to the top. It's crazy how some sites rank really well with no original content. I trust google to do the right thing.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbre View Post
I think changes is always good as long as those who put in original content get push to the top. It's crazy how some sites rank really well with no original content. I trust google to do the right thing.
ROTFLMAO.

You obviously didn't bother to read either this thread, or any other, re. the amount of original material that is by Google subordinated to plagiarized copies.

Directly above her, for example, is sallygirl's tale of her being being massively ripped off by others, who now rank well above her onw original content.

Trust? Yeah, Google is to be trusted to screw you.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM
No Longer Active

The thing I wish is that instead of google spamming the web with constant news posts about how great they are, that they would start to get involved in webmaster forums like this one and explain a few things and answer a few questions. I have some 10 plus years of work destroyed by the google farmer update and no-one from google wants to talk to me about it. They completly ignore all my atempts to talk to them about what has happened and about scrapper websites like the one I mentioned above and how they are destroying my business.
Now google have one of two options, either they need to get serious about scrappers and offer protection for websiters like mine or they need to accept scrappers. Right now google are stuck in no-mans land penalizing some scrappers while rewarding others.

On a side not there is another problem Im experiencing and that is websites that have reversed engineered my content. In effect, they have taken a page and re-wrote it. This will by-bass any scrapper filters search engines may use and there is really nothing much I can do about it. In the end it seems the longer your website is on the web the more you are going to suffer.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Now google have one of two options, either they need to get serious about scrappers and offer protection for websiters like mine or they need to accept scrappers. Right now google are stuck in no-mans land penalizing some scrappers while rewarding others.
Google doesn't care, so long as they get eyeballs for the ads.

That is their one and only goal.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 AM
No Longer Active

Another problem I have just noticed is that Wikipedia are giving reference credit to websites that stole my content. I feel so angry with the shocking mess google has created with the farmer update.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Another problem I have just noticed is that Wikipedia are giving reference credit to websites that stole my content. I feel so angry with the shocking mess google has created with the farmer update.
not only Wikipedia, unfortunately....
I got several of my websites slapped badly.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:01 AM

Google Panda Update Recovery

2 sites that was nailed by google have seen some recovery and talk about a few changes they had made to help get back some traffic. This a short blog post but it's a good one to ready.

Quote:
Many websites that depend on Google for an income saw their traffic cut by anywhere from 20 to 80 percent when Google's Panda algorithm update rolled out in February. Now there are reports that at least two websites have finally started to see more search traffic and higher Google rankings. How did they do it?
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...pdate-Recovery

Old 05-19-2011, 08:10 AM

it's too subjective ... too many influencing factors

Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

Rebuilding the website (in accordance to Google guidelines) in a short period is really difficult unless you have GOOD resources. The daniweb is a forum (I suppose), so the moderators might have worked hard.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:33 PM
No Longer Active

Maybe Google would like to offer some advice to webmasters who have had their content stolen by other websites and now find those cheats raking high in google serps while honest websites got slaughtered. How is that that google expects us to deal with this problem?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM

[YT]t_MsgYGcjUA[/YT]

Read the blog post also. http://www.webpronews.com/google-pan...ations-2011-05

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread