Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Web Directory Issues Issues pertaining to operating or dealing with online directories, or general info about DMOZ, Yahoo!, Google Directory, BOTW, Ezilon, etc.

Share |
Old 03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkfast View Post
I think deep link submission or promotion will help you to promote your deep link url only. But you can not promote your inner pages with home pages for single keywords means you can not get first position in google for home page and inner pages also for single keyword. I did not saw result like this till now.

For other keywords your inner pages can be on top after promotion.

Thanks
Links to internal pages will also support your home page as long as your internal page links back to home, as most do. PageRank - which remains a central factor in Google's algorithm (*no matter what you heard Matt Cutts say ) will flow from the internal page to ANY page it links to. So, deeplinks support the entire site.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Deep links send the search engines the signal that your entire site has valuable content. In addition, a deep link will boost the surrounding pages of your site by passing on link juice. That helps your site "blossom" from many pages instead of simply pushing link juice down from the home page.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
Links to internal pages will also support your home page as long as your internal page links back to home, as most do. PageRank - which remains a central factor in Google's algorithm (*no matter what you heard Matt Cutts say ) will flow from the internal page to ANY page it links to. So, deeplinks support the entire site.
yes, deep links if worked right, get juice to important pages, and then tweek HTML of those pages to transfer juice to home page ... a little bit of white and a little bit of black... works

Last edited by msolution; 04-06-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:05 AM

Deep links are as essential as internal links in a web page. The deeper you go, the higher the SEO value, in my humble opinion.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

Deep Link Directory Submission Alternatives

I have found deep link directory opportunities are relatively scarce. In trying to build deep links I have been turning to social bookmarking and press release sites as I add new content in addition to directories. I also Tweet them and links to my Facebook site.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybail View Post
I have found deep link directory opportunities are relatively scarce. In trying to build deep links I have been turning to social bookmarking and press release sites as I add new content in addition to directories. I also Tweet them and links to my Facebook site.
In the end, that's probably the best course of action for less populated websites. It does help to go through an exercise of placing your articles or links on a few link and article submission directories once you've posted a new page.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:38 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The downside of offering added value. It's unfortunate, because more often than not the deadlinks go undetected for a long time and the best of intentions end up punishing the directory owner (you know the saying no good deeed goes unpunished).

Obviously, where there is a will there is a way, and it would be great to see script developers evolving their scripts intelligence such that things like deadlinks are reported to the owner so they can be rectified. I'm sure there are some mechanisms in place already, I think however they need to have some intelligence built in.

Directories who include deeplinks as part of their regular listings offer the opportunity of more sophisticated content.

However, this shouldn't be confused with straight out "deeplink" directories who offer this to everyone, thereby inviting spam and other junky content, and can actually be the worst of the worst directories...

A true deeplink directory isn't one that is interested in the deeplink concept itself, but that is focused on the content, which in many cases exists on a deeper page within a website... *fine line*
A agree with you on this. Deep links in directories need to be handled with TLC and by experienced editors or you end up with a link farm filled with dead links.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues