Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 12-31-2011, 04:24 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Chun Min View Post
It is up to Kim Jong-un if he wants to continue or betray the twisted ideology(Juche).

It is also up to him if he wants to shut down the uranium enrichment project or continuing the sanction by UN to his country.
I'm not sure it's all up to him. There is a large military machine behind the government whose interests probably differ to an extent from the personal wishes or thoughts of Kim Jong-un. Anyway, we'll soon see if the change is only in person, or on a more fundamental national level.

Quote:
North Korea has announced the appointment of Kim Jong-un, the anointed successor and youngest son of Kim Jong-il, as supreme commander of its 1.2 million-strong military, two days after official mourning for the late leader ended.

The North's state news agency KCNA said on Saturday the official appointment was made at a meeting of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the ruling Workers' Party on Friday.

KCNA said the Political Bureau members "courteously proclaimed the dear comrade Kim Jong-un, vice-chairman of the Central Military Commission of the Workers' Party of Korea, assumed the supreme commandership of the Korean People's Army", according to a will made by Kim Jong-il on October 8. It did not elaborate on the details of the will.

Since Kim Jong-il's death on December 17, state media have dubbed Kim Jong-un "supreme commander".

"Kim Jong-il was made supreme commander in 1991 some three years before his father's death," Al Jazeera's Harry Fawcett, reporting from Seoul, said. "But the difference is that he had control of North Korea [already]."

Some Korea-watchers say it may take Kim Jong-un months to assume the two other official titles which were attained by his father in 1997, a full three years into his reign: General Secretary of the Party and Chairman of the National Defence Commission.
Whole article can be found here.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju385 View Post
I'm not sure it's all up to him. There is a large military machine behind the government whose interests probably differ to an extent from the personal wishes or thoughts of Kim Jong-un. Anyway, we'll soon see if the change is only in person, or on a more fundamental national level.

Whole article can be found here.
Is Kim Jong-un puppet leader? Who controlling him?

Regarding to article: Whatever it is, North Korea is still third world country because of twisted ideology. Also the corruption and human rights violation is still continue.

Last edited by Park Chun Min; 01-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:10 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Chun Min View Post
Is Kim Jong-un puppet leader? Who controlling him?

Regarding to article: Whatever it is, North Korea is still third world country because of twisted ideology. Also the corruption and human rights violation is still continue.
I doubt that he is a puppet leader, but with such a vast army military leaders undoubtedly have large influence over the government decision making process. I agree on the ideology issue, juche is simply bound to take them into poverty. Without international cooperation, corruption will stay similar (no real reason to make changes) and in order to keep the current system human rights will have to be violated. Current situation isn't looking too good, I hope the unrest won't spread into neighboring countries.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member

^All I can say is Poor Naive North Korean......

That's why Equality is Not Exist in North Korea. Juche is really pure crap.

Those North Korean who attempt to escape from their homeland are shooting by those big crappy soldiers. Only few depict North Korean are luckily escape from their crappy homeland. Also many North Korean refugees in China near the China-North Korea border(Manchuria Region).

Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Contributing Member

I'm curious to find out just how things will turn out with Kim Jong Un in control now... when I heard his song was taking, I knew now to expect much but from the sounds of it some people seem to think it might be different.. I don't personally think that...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues