Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00 PM

How Effective is Yoast SEO Plug in for Wordpress?

Well I have been using this Plug in for about a month now and I have not seen any really improvements. Yes it does get my posts on my blog indexed quicker and does not require me to make any XML sitemaps and it submits the sitemap automatically to Google, Bing and Yahoo. But my website has not reached a PR 1 yet. It is still at PR 0.

What's really upsetting is that my post usually are placed on the first page of Google and almost all the time they are placed in Yahoo, but I am not getting up to that PR 1.

So is it the Yoast SEO plug in that is not doing it's job and getting the PR for me or is it something I am not doing? I pretty much do everything the plug in tells me to do, minimum of 300 words of content, always setting up focus keyword, meta description, alt tage, h2 tags all that. I even wonder sometimes if setting a different keyword every time is healthy for the website. I read somewhere that you need to be consistent with the keywords you use, but my posts are almost never about the same thing and they are always about different stuff and I have to use different keywords.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Contributing Member

I believe by "PR" you mean "Page Rank". If that's the case, for having a PR1 your site needs to get back-links.

Even after you get back-links for your site, Google needs to update their Page rank toolbar which happens once a while in six months.

If you want good rankings and traffic for your blog, concentrate on building quality content for your blog. As far as Yoast plugin is concerned, it can only help you to get your on-page stuff done, it can't help you out to get back-links etc stuff directly.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Just to be clear, it doesn't matter what SEO wordpress plugin you use, it will not get you a higher PR. The plugin will help get your blog SEO friendly, give you tips on what you need to do in order to achieve good rankings. I'm referring to the SEO features we can edit when we create wordpress pages and blog posts..etc

You the blog owner like mentioned before needs to also work on some quality backlinks and not get backlinks on link farms or just poor websites in general.

I don't care about PR, I care about increasing my unique traffic. Without new visitors coming, I won't make a single penny off them. lol

Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seo4You View Post
hi
I had been a strong proponent of the All-in-one-SEO-Pack plugin, but I have been using the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin last weeks.
Any feedback on what the thread creator is asking about?

Old 01-16-2013, 05:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
Well I have been using this Plug in for about a month now and I have not seen any really improvements.Yes it does get my posts on my blog indexed quicker and does not require me to make any XML sitemaps and it submits the sitemap automatically to Google, Bing and Yahoo. But my website has not reached a PR 1 yet. It is still at PR 0.

What's really upsetting is that my post usually are placed on the first page of Google and almost all the time they are placed in Yahoo, but I am not getting up to that PR 1.
Wordpress SEO Yoast Plugin is to make your Website SEO Friendly, however it helps in Keywords Ranking but may not affect your PR.

Quote:
So is it the Yoast SEO plug in that is not doing it's job and getting the PR for me or is it something I am not doing? I pretty much do everything the plug in tells me to do, minimum of 300 words of content, always setting up focus keyword, meta description, alt tage, h2 tags all that. I even wonder sometimes if setting a different keyword every time is healthy for the website.
To increase your Website PageRank you need to start with Link Building Campaign to build inbound links from High PR Websites to get quality links, which will not only help your Keywords SERP & Websites PageRank.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM

So does it matter if I even put in a focus keyword for the posts I make? I have never used a focus keyword prior to installing the plug in and most of my threads ended up on page one of Google, when searched.
Also why do some of my posts remain on Google's page 1 for a long time and why do some just appear on page one for about a day or two and slowly start to move towards page two and pages after two?

Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 AM
v7n Mentor

@bettyblue Stop thinking about gaming Google and think about creating great content that people want to see.

Plugins like Yoasts are about helping you make your website present itself in the best way to search engines. This is classic Search Engine Optimisation...SEO. And always good to do.

They can't make crap content good. They can't make people like your content. You have to create great content yourself.

The PR your after is about backlinks. Again, plugins might help make it easier for people to give them to you, but people are not going to link to your website unless they like it .... a lot.

On your questions on searching. You see a personalised search based on what YOU do in the Google world. Google will show you stuff closely related to you. If you want to see what the rest of the world sees you will need to go into incognito mode (Google Chrome Browser) or use a different computer that has never been used! - Basically, there is no single Google search result anymore. Everyone sees their own personalised results.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 AM

I think is the best SEO plugin for Wordpress. It is very easy to use and gives you a lot of valuable information to help your work.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum