Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Share |
Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How to Have a Healthier and More Productive Home Office

You mean eating junk food and drinking coffee is not healthy when in the office?

Quote:
We’ve written in the past about some of most awesome company offices in the world. But is it possible that the ultimate office is right in your own home?

Working from home can be a dream come true: convenience, comfort, and complete control. Today, more people are working from home than ever before – whether they’re telecommuting to their job or just using the Internet to make their own income like me.

I’ve been working from a home office for two years now and in that time I’ve learned that working from home is a double-edged blade. Do it well and it’s the best work experience you’ll ever have – but do it wrong and it will bring down your work and home life simultaneously.

Here’s how to make sure your home office is a healthier and more productive one.
Continued at: http://www.incomediary.com/healthier...ve-home-office

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Contributing Member

The best point in the article is the one about natural light. Many research studies have been done with hospital rooms to show that natural light actually helps you heal FASTER. The same is clearly true for working from home. Looks like having "Windows" really does make for a better work environment, no pun intended -_-

Old 05-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Banned

Nowadays most of the people work from home or freelencing work. I agree with your post that home office is more healthier and comfort than the company offices. There are benefits of home offices like you are free to work, you have no time restriction with better environment and most common benefit is profit i.e whatever you earn is completely yours.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Contributing Member

Flew over the topic. I think he forgot to mention 2 very important things

Mouse and Keyboard.

There are many "ergonomic" mice and keyboards, but many of them only carry the name, to sell for a higher price.

The best ergonomic mice are the vertical ones. I bought an evolution vertical 4 for work, because my hand started to get sore. It was a bit awkward at first, but this thing does rally help. Keeps your whole arm in a natural handshake position.

Next - the keyboard. Every Keyboard (even the expensive ergonomic ones) have the numpad on the right side, which completely destroys a natural posture, because your mouse arm is not in a straight position.
It's a bit angled, but enough to make longer working sessions a pain.
My solutions was to buy a keyboard without numpad. They are dirt-cheap and when you know how to set them up in the right position (the "B" key should align with your nose), you don't even need an ergonomic keyboard.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Contributing Member

Working from home can be a dream come true, indeed. This is so true for everyone who has been in the online business. Some people may not realize the beauty of it and may have overlooked how it can become even more productive and healthier with an office at home.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum