Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Graphic Design Forum Discuss and share graphic design and multimedia topics and projects, including ads, banners, logos, etc. Be creative. Be original. Show us what you got. Constructive criticism only!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-15-2013, 03:22 AM

Illustrator software

how can i will get illustrator latest version from internet

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 AM
Contributing Member

Directly from Adobe
Code:
http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator.html

Or, if you don't have the money, use a free tool like Inkscape
Code:
http://inkscape.org/

Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 AM

There is also GIMP for Linux. I love give them my full recommendation. They do not fully support windows, per-say, but do have a windows installer.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhostpython View Post
There is also GIMP for Linux. I love give them my full recommendation. They do not fully support windows, per-say, but do have a windows installer.
GIMP is no where as good as Adobe Illustrator in my opinion though. Illustrator rendering and vectoring is beyond what other software is capable of.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyamazing12 View Post
GIMP is no where as good as Adobe Illustrator in my opinion though. Illustrator rendering and vectoring is beyond what other software is capable of.
Yeah, GIMP is more like Photoshop.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member

if you want something for free, try inkscape otherwise, corel draw and illustrator are the greatest

Old 08-09-2013, 01:48 PM

Inkscape and Illustrator are vector programs. They use a solid color block without any pixels to draw things which have perfectly smooth sides and are perfectly scalable. They produce more of an opaque sort of image (though they are doing a very good job of introducing transparency to their images). Most of the images produced with Illustrator or Inkscape do not include photographic images. The vectors are excellent for professional work involving text which has to look crisp at any size.

GIMP and Photoshop are raster programs.They make images out of pixels (they look like mosaics up close). The images are not really scalable easily (you can lose resolution if you make them larger or smaller). Rasters are the most popular programs because most people use digital images.

GIMP is a great program. Photoshop is a first class program, but it is very expensive. If you have to use wildly unusual functions in your work (as many graphic designers do) then you might need Photoshop. Everyone else can get along with (and even have more than they would ever need) with GIMP.

Another good option which is often overlooked is Adobe Photoshop Elements. At about $80 or less, it's got tonnes of great features.

If you want to use a vector program and you have no money, Inkscape could be a great choice. It's free and has a few features which even Illustrator doesn't touch (there are quite a few shortcut and detail features which I was really impressed with). Please note, that as of the last release of Inkscape there were things which did not work on my Windows 98 computer (like consistent spacing for making labels) BUT I have downloaded the latest Inkscape and so far, it is running much better on my newer 64 bit computer and the 32 bit as well.

If you want a good raster program and you want a brand name and you don't want to spend a million $$$'s, go for Corel Draw. It works well, and has a nice support system.

My big problem with Adobe is that they went you to buy the whole Suite, and park it in the cloud and have you pay for it in perpetuity. I can't go there but all the others are stand alone, pay for it once and it's yours.

I hope that helps.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Contributing Member

One thing to do if you belong to a university is visit their school store.

I recently got a student version of cs5.5 web premium for ridiculously cheap.

(Not the latest version, but I Easily saved a few grand).

Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 AM

Hi Susan.

Grab one from Adobe and avoid any cracks/free versions.
In most cases they are heavily infected with rootkits - they wont be detected by antivirus tools and they can spy on your bank details etc.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

You can download Adobe Illustrator CC trial version with full features directly from Adobe. Visit this URL https://creative.adobe.com/products/illustrator

Old 09-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

adobe is what you should get instead of getting free versions that aren't really professional.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

I would say Gimp and Adobe are completely different compared to Illustrator..Illustrator is perfect for rendering.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

visit adobe website. you can buy the latest product and get the latest update in order to have a latest illustrator

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Closed Thread