Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member

what are best practices to avoid email spamming?

I want to send bulk mails to promote my company but not completely aware of best practices that i have to take care while sending bulk mails. I have all setup but still many of mails i sent may be going spam folder of email receivers, as i don't see any actions by users in my dashboard (views and clicks). where only around 25-30% out of 100 percent are seeing my emails and some of them are taking action by clicking to see our service.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan kumar View Post
I want to send bulk mails to promote my company but not completely aware of best practices that i have to take care while sending bulk mails. I have all setup but still many of mails i sent may be going spam folder of email receivers, as i don't see any actions by users in my dashboard (views and clicks). where only around 25-30% out of 100 percent are seeing my emails and some of them are taking action by clicking to see our service.
Are they opt-in emails? Honestly, if anyone sends me unsolicited emails, I delete them right away, and set "rules" to delete anything else that comes in from those sources. Why? Because 99% of the time it's nothing I want or can use. The other 1% that I might want/use, too bad. I can use search for just about everything I need, when I need it.

2 cents

Old 05-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

Really the number 1 factor like LMD said is how you collected these emails.

Just how cold or warm are they?

If they no nothing of you or your service, then it's going to be hard for them to open. And if your selling to them right away in that email, there's a good chance they're going to click spam.

Now if you were to give them something valuable in that email, which was highly personalized toward them, they might find value in it. But still, the warmer the lead the better chances of not getting sent to spam. Also, avoiding any spammy sounding subject lines as well.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:17 PM
Contributing Member

You have to mainly focus on the content of your email as certain text can trigger the filters and because of those words your email will land up in spam/bulk email folder.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:26 AM
Contributing Member

Thank you LMD,John and Puneet. I should appreciate your comments. I'm very new to this email marketing and your suggestions helped me to learn some email practices of creating subscription form on our website and avoid spam.

@LMD - They are not opt-in emails ..

Old 05-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
@LMD - They are not opt-in emails ..
Exactly the kind I hate receiving.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Exactly the kind I hate receiving.
Further to what LMD said, the receiver can report you for spam which can make it so you loose your email and web hosting.

Optin is always the best option. Double optin is even better.

Don't know if you know who Seth Godin is but he is a famous marketer who created the phrase permission marketing. He has a book by the same name.
Quote:
Email checklist

Before you hit send on that next email, perhaps you should run down this list, just to be sure:
Continued: Email checklist

Quote:
Permission marketing is the privilege (not the right) of delivering anticipated, personal and relevant messages to people who actually want to get them.

It recognizes the new power of the best consumers to ignore marketing. It realizes that treating people with respect is the best way to earn their attention.
Permission Marketing

Old 05-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

The words "bulk email" don't mean anything other than & can be easily replaced by "spam email". The action rates for email marketing in general are quite low (see here http://www.smartinsights.com/email-m...ail-marketing/) and spamming will only degrade them further.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:48 AM

Bulk E-Mail doesn't work well now. It is kind of spamming. Better to send emails to only subscribed members. If you do not have subscribed members then you may need to run marketing campaign to get like minded members list.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:04 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrgarycole View Post
Everyone hates spamming. I'm afraid it's no longer as effective as it used to. People nowadays can easily search for what they want/need instead of opening those spam emails. It usually is deleted without being read.
Yes it's not the 1990s anymore. 1990s called and it wants its spam back!

Old 06-05-2017, 03:00 AM

The reason to email spamming is Those “spam” subscribers wouldn’t respond to what you were offering since they are not your target market. So, make double opt-in list for email marketing campaigns and sent what your target audience want. Spend time in data research and making list.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:18 AM

There are some Dos and Donts

Importantly, ensure to put the relevant information like company address, pin code and contact information in the footer of your email.

Understand your audience and prepare emails accordingly

Ensure you make your subject line relevant

Be careful while choosing your email service provider

Old 06-21-2017, 03:01 AM

1 )Avoid Purchased Lists (2 )Team Up With A Reliable email service provider (ESP) 3)Get Certified! 4)Monitor Your Deliverability 5)No Risk, No Problem 6)Avoid Dirty Tricks such as
Hashbusting : Inserting random characters in the subject line or content to fool spam filters, e.g. “F.rEE,,pIzzA"
Deceptive Subject Lines : Starting the subject line with “Re:” or “Fwd:” to suggest an ongoing communication with the sender

Old 06-25-2017, 04:16 AM
Contributing Member

Probably some email recipients have marked your email as spam, or your email content has spammy keywords and phrases such as FREE, Offer, etc. There are plenty of online tools to check if your email content is spammy or not. Just google "online email spam checker".

Also check the deliverability of your email marketing software. If it's not high, then you should change it.

As many others have already mentioned, you should generally collect emails using single/double opt-in method and mail only those folks.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:17 PM

Make sure that your subject lines will make them open it (and not mark it as spam). I think I've read somewhere that 7 out of 10 people report emails as Spam just because of the subject line.

Subject lines are the first thing that they will see. It must get their attention. From my own email marketing experience, I keep subject lines as short as possible (to make it mobile-friendly). I personalize it (I often include the receiver's first name or their company name). And sometimes, I even ask a question that is related to them.

The good thing is you are analyzing your data. Don't hesitate to test and try other techniques.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 AM

what email service provider are you using?

Old 06-29-2017, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Use an email client such as elastic email. You will be able to see if your emails have been opened or not. Also make sure you are sending your email to subscribers. have a unsubscribe link on all your emails.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread