Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 AM

Hi

I gather from everything I've read that there is no specific answer.

BUT I have figured out that patience is a very important part of success online

Thanks everyone for your comments

Ray

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member

Hi!
If you have got time, there are some articles about Internet marketing...
Perhaps, you will find something interesting for yourself...
The link in the signature...Enjoy!

Old 10-08-2010, 07:23 AM
RIP March 1, 2012

There's an old saying...

"The wider the net, the more fish you'll catch."

Well, this applies to search engine marketing as well. If you want to generate more traffic, think outside the box, and expand your keyword variations.

David Jackson

Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
There's an old saying...

"The wider the net, the more fish you'll catch."

Well, this applies to search engine marketing as well. If you want to generate more traffic, think outside the box, and expand your keyword variations.

David Jackson
You are forgetting that with each keyword you add into the fray, your costs increase!

Old 10-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned

you have to do email marketing. i saw that web pro news is dealing with email marketing and they are having huge volume of traffic on their website. also you can do article marketing.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:05 AM
RIP March 1, 2012

Specificity is a very powerful marketing technique, which if used correctly can lead to greater profits. That's why you should always be as specific as possible.

For example, don't just say "lose weight." Instead say, "lose 10 pounds in 14 days!" Be specific. Being specific is far more powerful than vague generalizations. Rather than saying "Discover How I Earned $800 in One Day..." Instead say, "Discover How I Earned $832.53 in One Day..."

David Jackson

Old 10-21-2010, 11:53 AM

I own a few article directories that get about 1,000 new articles every day including Sunday. I've looked at some of the articles that are submitted and I disagree that article writing is a good way to get a lot of genuine visitors.

The quality of writing in the articles is never compelling enough to make me read to the end of the article and that's where everyone posts the link to their site. The attention span of web surfers is about 1-2 seconds so it's doubtful that anyone ever gets to the end of the article and clicks on the link.

The quality of writing in spun articles is even worse - we've been getting about 30 spun articles every day on UGG boots from a spammer in China. We deleted most of those but showed mercy on 1 of his articles and allowed it through.

Article writing is only good for adding your link to a bunch of directories but it's debatable on whether or not that genuine visitors will result from it.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:39 PM
RIP March 1, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuffDaddy View Post
I disagree that article writing is a good way to get a lot of genuine visitors.

Article writing is only good for adding your link to a bunch of directories but it's debatable on whether or not that genuine visitors will result from it.
You're entitled to your own opinion about article marketing, but you're not entitled to your own facts. Article marketing, if done correctly is very effective at generating traffic. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. How do I know? Because I'm a very successful article marketer.

If you've tried article marketing and weren't successful, the problem is not the method, it's the execution.

David Jackson

Old 10-23-2010, 11:21 AM
RIP March 1, 2012

Someone else's conversion rate has absolutely no bearing on your individual situation. Don't worry about so called conventional wisdom. Aim high. Even when all things are equal, they're really not equal. For example, you could have two identical sites that sell the exact same items and target the exact same audience. Yet, those two sites would have totally different conversion ratios.

Why? Because there are far too many variables involved, not the least of which is competition, the economy, fickle search engine algorithms, and fluctuating traffic quality. My advice? Consistently promote your website to the best of your ability, and constantly strive to achieve the highest conversion rate possible.

David Jackson

Old 10-30-2010, 01:48 PM

I like article marketing. You can never go wrong with original, keyword wise content. Because there is an article now for just about everything you can think of, it's best to write articles about things most people haven't thought of to avoid saturation. I despise spinned articles where the content makes no sense. It may work for search engines, but they pollute the net with crap.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:57 PM

Your marketing (whatever you are doing for marketing) will be a lot more effective if you have the right product to market fit and the right messaging to match this.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 PM

The promotion of their products or services of social networking is really a good idea to attract a large number of users. On the other hand, positive feedback works very well in the conversion rate increases.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:21 AM
RIP March 1, 2012

"Before you play follow the leader, make sure the leader is worthy of being followed."

David Jackson

Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 PM

There are many ways to promote your product or services....all this fall in one category marketing....but in these days best way is to do internet marketing....
you can promote your product by advertising it in social networks because almost everyone uses any kind of social network....This is called social media marketing....Social Media Marketing promotes faster than anything else....
and make your name in the market by doing every step in a standard...this helps you in getting success in the market....

Old 11-14-2010, 06:00 AM
RIP March 1, 2012

"There are great marketing opportunities all around you...the trick is being able to recognize them".

David Jackson

Old 11-24-2010, 03:09 PM
RIP March 1, 2012

"If the grass looks greener on the other side, it's probably because they use more fertilizer...and you know what that's made of."

David Jackson

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread