Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 07-12-2008, 09:20 AM
v7n Mentor

Talking Kids can be good medicine

I have lived in the same neighborhood for the past 10 years. When I first purchased this home, there was only one family with about six children. Everyday, when I came home from work the kids would rush to my door.

I would tell them that I have no children for them to play with. I would also explain to them that all my children are grown and live away from home. They would say ďThatís OK, we came to visit you.

I always thought that was strange for a young child to say. Then I noticed that my porch light was on and I thought if I cut it off they would stop coming. Well, even with the light off, they kept right on coming every evening.

They finally moved away and started having families of their own. Every now and again a car pulls up and itís one of the kids with kids paying me a visit! I remember years later, one of the parents said to me, ďWhen you moved in and our kids wanted to visit you, we didnít know what to think of you.

Now my neighborhood has many kids and they seem to want to gather at my house. Heck, I watched my neighbor bring in a newborn about two years ago and now that she is able to walk, guess what. Yep, sheís with the other kids playing in my front yard laughing and hoping it up.

Although they have torn up my flower bed, scratched up my Lexus, I donít care. When I come home from work, the kids and screaming my name and their parents think itís the funniest thing on earth.

No matter how bad a day I may have, when I hear the laughter in my front yard, it turns anyway into a good day. In closing, I decided to repair my flower beds and replace all the broken lights. I was able to save some of my Gardenias. As I came home from work yesterday the children asked me to watch my step because they found a lizard that died and had a funeral for the lizard and planted it in my flower bed with a makeshift cross and a feather.

As I get older, children have been good medicine for me.

Not sure if this is the right category but I wanted to share real life joy with you.

David Bowie

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2008, 10:19 AM

Kids keep you young!

I like to drink the blood of at least one a week. (Joke!)

But seriously. I wish we had had more children, they do help to keep the joy in life.

(Perhaps this should be moved to the general lobby area?)

Old 07-14-2008, 04:05 AM

Well, kids could be fun, if they are not yours...(I'm 21, guess I am still terrified to have my own.) I like to be at the company of kids but I just can't imagine really having one. I remember on how I would make my parent's mad by moving around constantly. maybe in the future I will understand having kids...
I just had to ask, what will you choose, being accompanied by kids or being a kid again. Sure won't forget being a kid when there are no such things as fuel prices, tax, election.....

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues