Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 11-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Yes got the Hep shot but it only lasts 10 years.

Here all people in the food industry have to be certified food safe which I believe includes drilling into their heads to wash hands constantly.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2018, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post

Have both of you gotten a Hep-A shot? It is a two injection series 6 months apart but you are protected after the first one.
The Flu shot - ya, I think I'll do another one this year. Hep-A? Not sure, but I'll look into it. Wasn't mentioned by my doctor as far as I can remember.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Yes got the Hep shot but it only lasts 10 years.

Here all people in the food industry have to be certified food safe which I believe includes drilling into their heads to wash hands constantly.
The people may be smarter and more diligent where you are. There were certainly more polite during my brief visit to your town.

At my age 10 years should be long enough.

Last edited by ScriptMan; 11-14-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
The Flu shot - ya, I think I'll do another one this year. Hep-A? Not sure, but I'll look into it. Wasn't mentioned by my doctor as far as I can remember.
I was in for my annual visit in mid August and my Doc sorta balked at giving it to me and told me the insurance might not cover it. That is was only suggested for health care workers. Based on a statement from someone I know who works in health care in a nearby community I insisted I was going to have even if I had to pay. There was no charge.

4 weeks later the HMO is sending out mass emails encouraging everyone to get the vaccine. I was just slightly ahead of the game.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Postal strike could be good for the malls.
I'm supposed to be ordering some things from a UK store/warehouse on the 19th. They can't confirm or deny whether they hand off to Canada Post or to a courier when they land here. I told them if they can't tell me definitively, I'm not ordering the merchandise because of the CP rotating strikes. I asked if they were making plans to just use a courier, they said there was no plans for that. Yep, looks like I may be heading back to the malls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
I was in for my annual visit in mid August and my Doc sorta balked at giving it to me and told me the insurance might not cover it. That is was only suggested for health care workers. Based on a statement from someone I know who works in health care in a nearby community I insisted I was going to have even if I had to pay. There was no charge.

4 weeks later the HMO is sending out mass emails encouraging everyone to get the vaccine. I was just slightly ahead of the game.
Spoke to my doctor today - Hep A and B are transmitted thru contaminated food or water and I'm sure a few other ways. We got the vaccine shots in 2012 before travelling to Mexico. Whereas Hep C is usually transmitted thru blood and maybe sex. The latter I'm not really sure about - had to look it up, and apparently it's certainly possible. Apparently there's no vaccine for Hep C

Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

The cobbler's child got some shoes around here yesterday.

I managed to seal up a few nuisance air leaks and do a bit of caulking. Every time I have to work at or on a window over a kitchen sink I reaffirm my hatred of them. This old back, knees and general body parts no longer like those positions.

At least I can still move today.

I hate hearing that both of you are dealing with this postal strike situation. IMO, public service workers should not be permitted to strike.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby