Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-18-2018, 01:53 PM
v7n Mentor

Low quality sites ranking top of google?

I was looking through various keywords to write article about, and it seems a lot of the sites that rank for the keywords are low quality sites. These are sites with little original content, and filled with affiliate links.

Some of the sites are nothing more than link sites which use images from pintrest and link to a low quality article on another site.

Yet, I write 800 - 1,000 word articles, take my own pictures, make my own youtube videos, very selective to the sites I link to, and my site rarely ever shows up in the search results.

This is nothing new, I have seen low quality sites where an article that may only have 200 words beat out a 1,000 word article.

Then there is the shift in forums. Rarely do I see forums show up for the keywords I do searches for. There are a number of forums that cover the topics, but rarely do the forums show up in the results.

What has happened to shift these low quality wordpress blogs to the top of the results, while forums have almost been removed?

It makes so sense. If someone follows the google webmaster guidelines, high quality, no keyword stuffing, write for people not machines... the site looses ranking.

Spam low quality content, reuse images from sites like pintrest, copy content from other sites, the site ranks will.

There was once a time when someone could write good content and the article would rank. Now, it seems google does not count the words in the article, or the quality of outgoing links.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2018, 12:14 AM

Yes, I am 100% agree with you on this matter. I am currently facing the same problem. I have written and developed the original content that is one of the best and content reach website representing the niche, however, other websites who have just copied my content, converted into images and put on their website got the first-page rank on Google search. They have nothing but low-quality links whereas, we provide a good service based product to our visitors <link removed>. Other websites are just copied our original images and got a good rank. Some websites have the very poor quality of content and full of bad quality affiliated links on their sites are also getting good ranking but instead of a principal supplier of the original product/service along with quality contents and backlinks we are not in the list. It seems that the philosophy of "Content is King" has been completely changed by the Google, for the Google and it's ranking factor.

Last edited by ScriptMan; 07-24-2018 at 04:06 AM. Reason: no need for link

Old 09-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

Exact thing happened to one of my site, got devalued and ranking below those thin sites with 1000 words. Sometimes Google don't live up to their own rules.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread