Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Iran Isn't All Bad

They seem to know how to handle their bankers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ur-death-fraud

I have to think that fraud wouldn't be so rampant if there were consequences to poor decisions.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 AM

The bankers knew at least over here what they did and how their actions were going to effect the live's of Millions of innocent people some even killing themselves so yeah I say we should kill some of our more serious banking criminals!!!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Unnamed quartet to hang after 1.7bn embezzlement scandal raised questions over Iranian privatisation drive

Mohseni-Ejei has held up the case as a demonstration that Iran can deal appropriately with high-level fraud. "The government, parliament, and all available devices were used to pursue the issue so that corruption can be fought in an open manner," he was quoted as saying earlier this month.

But one of the defendants complained that, while the judiciary had pursued some low-level players in the fraud vigorously, senior officials involved in the scandal had gone unpunished.

"Many other banking officials are outside of prison right now. Why are you able to put us on trial and have nothing to do with them?" the unnamed steel company official said, according to Iran's Fars news agency.

The anti-corruption group Transparency International ranked Iran 120 out of 183 countries on its 2011 corruption perceptions index.

Ayatollah Khamenei has warned Iran's media against dwelling on the bank scandal.

Ayatollah Khamenei has warned Iran's media against dwelling on the bank scandal.

the headline sounds encouaging ... though someone might check the coffins just to make sure who's actually in them ...

Old 08-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with Breezy on this. I somehow doubt that all the cuplrits will be dealt with and only a chosen few as a warning to others.

Though I do like the idea of us Westerners giving our bankers life in prison and would happily want a part of pay my taxes to be assigned for this - Couldn't think of a better cause for tax monies to be spent on (well ok, maybe there are one or two better causes!)

Old 08-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member

What? No government bail outs? With bonuses? Come on Iran, get with it!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues