Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 08-19-2012, 09:38 AM
v7n Mentor

Question Google Censorship???

http://www.naturalnews.com/036862_Go...ensorship.html

I am not sure if this isn't the drug companys doing this as they have long wanted to control everything. All the corporations are buying up the organic companys in case you weren't watching. I don't trust them when they do that. Didn't Clorox just buy Burt"s Bee or whatever it was called? What the heck does Clorox want with that???

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 09:50 AM

Clorox want's to buy a profitable business that is in the household items niche, it is not out of the ordinary for a company to buy another profitable company that would increase their margins, help them enter a new market and help their company image by showing an all natural side.

What you have to remember is Google has a fundamental belief that there purpose is to help you access valid information that you are seeking while protecting the user and doing good. For example it doesn't allow you to search certain major ponzi schemes or advertise firearms on Google.

The health food and supplements niche is one that is prone to a large number of scams, look at the Acai berry, sure it is a great fruit with powerful antioxidants and a number of other great factors but it didn't help you loose 200 pounds over night and cure blindness like a lot of ads claimed.

It is not a stretch of the imagine to assume that Google may be in the early stages of blocking healthfood products that may make over zealous claims or come from markets where the supplements are not as readily regulated as they are in the states.

It also could just be that in a new system there has been a small glitch where certain items either weren't properly associated with a category or Google felt the didn't fit in the related criteria.

Google is a private company and can do what it sees fit with how you use to access information. If it doesn't want you to find Coconut Water through it then it wont let you, but I can assure you Google would not be taking bribes from any company (especially not biomedical ones) to filter results.

At the end of the day there are a number of reasons this even could take place but to claim that Google is censoring data is a wild have cooked conspiracy theory. Google is one of the largest advocates in the world for fighting censorship and constantly is battling in China to provide access to information even against government regulation.

This isn't privatized purchase censorship but it may be Google taking a stance against online scams or overzealous claims of products that are not properly tested or FDA approved.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Oddly enough, these very same products appear to be showing up normally for Google Shopping users in other countries. Individuals in France, Australia, the U.K., and elsewhere say that they are not having any problems pulling up nutritional and dietary supplement products in Google Shopping -- only American users seem to be having this problem.
Just how Google is biased, if some people believe any Google rhetorics that's great, but others know what they are trying to do.

As far as the FDA, they are founded by national corporations and multi national corporations aka Big Pharma.

Ask youself why they are raging war against natural products and alternative medicine at gun point!

http://anticorruptionsociety.com/201...ical-industry/

[YT]IZcUd3V8L30[/YT]

Old 08-19-2012, 12:56 PM

I believe their rhetoric because I have friends who work there as engineers and developers.

Google's algorithms are different for every country, the products are all different and usually maintained by different sub-teams. That's why updates like Panda would roll out in different regions bit by bit.

No offense but you sound like a hippy jiving nutjob when you think Google is involved in some conspiracy to prevent natural products from seeing the light.

I outlined a number of fair and valid reasons why this may have been the case, and it may be something address by Google at a later point in one of their many developer blogs.

At the end of the day it's not some conspiracy by big pharma to shut down the little guy. If you truly think Google's results can easily be bought like that then you may as well get out of the online business game because you would never be able to trump the big guy with the big wallet.

I used to run SEO for Canada's largest importer of all-natural Australian products. We beat the big guy not only in Canada but also in the US for many terms, both in natural results and in Google product search.

At the time I was a one man marketing department and carried out all the work on my own, with a little time and know how.

Google is a fairly level playing field especially these days if you know what you are doing. Businesses can succeed in any of their products with the right SEO knowledge.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCochran View Post
I believe their rhetoric because I have friends who work there as engineers and developers.
That's explain your adoration for Google!

Quote:
No offense but you sound like a hippy jiving nutjob when you think Google is involved in some conspiracy to prevent natural products from seeing the light.
Sure LOL, that's not conspiracy theory you may think, that's conspiracy facts. I am not going to post all the cases for what Google has been sued, but just one example to show that I am right.

Google Sued by Investor Over Ads for ‘Illegal’ Online Canada Drug Imports
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...g-imports.html

Another conspiracy fact: Bilderberg 2011 - Google Eric Schmidt & Jacob Wallenberg's Walk and Talk

[YT]j1tLFuI58_g[/YT]

What in the hell Eric Schmidt intended a secret meeting at Bilderberg?

Old 08-19-2012, 01:57 PM

What does a slip up in either internal legal or ad filtering leading to ads being shown about companies that break the law have to do with a coverup?

They are two separate issues entirely? Google serves billions of ads all over the world, from advertisers in every niche and country. There ad filtering rules will not always be in line with local laws, but when ever its been brought to their attention they resolve it. As they did in this case.

It was also the case that there were ads for dating services in Saudi Arabia, well in Saudi Arabia that is illegal, when it was pointed out to Google it was resolved; does that mean that they were paid off by anyone - no not at all!

Old 08-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCochran View Post
What does a slip up in either internal legal or ad filtering leading to ads being shown about companies that break the law have to do with a coverup?

They are two separate issues entirely? Google serves billions of ads all over the world, from advertisers in every niche and country. There ad filtering rules will not always be in line with local laws, but when ever its been brought to their attention they resolve it. As they did in this case.

It was also the case that there were ads for dating services in Saudi Arabia, well in Saudi Arabia that is illegal, when it was pointed out to Google it was resolved; does that mean that they were paid off by anyone - no not at all!
Hey, you think what you want friend, you will not change what I think about Google. They are well known for breaking laws in many areas, for corporations gains or political gains.

I am very sorry friend, I don't beleive in Google's rhetorics and Google propaganda.

Hey it takes all sort of people to make a world

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues