Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 03-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

That might be the beginning of our warmer trend we're supposed to be getting starting next week sometime.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2019, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Then there's "mulching", which is what I almost always do. That is even harder on a machine over using the side/rear discharge or bagging.
I can't use the chute cover in early spring. The mulching blade is always there but I can't really mulch until about mid to late June.

I love what the mulcher does for the yard and leaves but hate the mess it leaves on pavement.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Shorts weather next week here in Lotus Land apparently.
70f here today, thunderstorms to follow. Better than what the mid-west got.

I suspect old man winter isn't done with any of us yet.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
I can't use the chute cover in early spring. The mulching blade is always there but I can't really mulch until about mid to late June.

I love what the mulcher does for the yard and leaves but hate the mess it leaves on pavement.
Granted, if the grass is long and wet, it can be difficult to mulch, so I try to get at it when the grass is the driest. I sometimes have to walk around to clear up whatever bits of grass piles are left behind.

70F, sounding nice. We're supposed to get up to 52F. , and we're also going to be getting the rain you are currently experiencing, a little later today.

Last edited by LMD; 03-14-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

I am hoping for a normal Spring. It's been a couple of years since we had a glorious one.

Basic talking about shorts weather remind me of that beautiful first day in VC. Apparently it was the first truly great one of the season and some beach was wall to wall people. They could not have laid in the sun if they wanted to do so.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:06 PM
Contributing Member

Getting rain today and snow is disappearing.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Did you guys get any of the wind before the rain? It was crazy windy yesterday.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

No, not much wind. There was some downpour moments overnight, and some locals nearer the lake did get some pretty gusty moments according to the weather reports, but nothing too bad here.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Our market seems okay how is your version doing?

Old 03-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

Generally, up this week. Closing out the week, it's a good day - not meteoric, but positive for sure.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

I've have all my unrealized gains back with a small bonus for my patience.

Do you guys celebrate St. Paddy's Day? It is that time you know. I'm off to stock the freezer with the year's corned beef supply.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:16 AM
Contributing Member

Yesterday was another good day on the markets. As you have said, gains are finally back, and then some.

No, we don't participate in St. Paddy's celly's. It's hard to get all that green dye out ones teeth after drinking all that green beer.

There's a place in Montreal, called "Dunn's". It's been serving corned beef sandwiches (or smoked meat, as the locals call it) as it's signature meal for over 90 years. Whenever in Montreal, we had to go there for a smoked meat sandwich. I was in Costco one day and noticed a package of Dunn's meat it in the cold meat fridge areas. It contained 6 individual servings. I almost felt like I'd died and gone to heaven. I get them when I go back to Costco every 6-8 weeks.

Can't go to Costco too often as I come out of there spending way too much $$ every visit.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

I enjoy the smoked meat sandwiches, aka Reubans almost more than the corned beef and cabbage. I use real Mayo to 'butter' the rye bread before I grill it.

The US Costco site does not allow for checking what is stocked in local stores. Next time I go I will look and see if we have anything close. The cook times are different for plate meat and sandwich meat so I usually buy the sandwich meat from a Deli at the grocery.

The tax software is now final so my sister is coming to get hers done. Between the software updates and revised 1099s in hard to complete the my forms before the first week in April.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Contributing Member

"Dunn's" doesn't come up in a Costco.ca site search, so I'm sure there are a myriad of products sold in the store, but not listed on the .com or .ca website too. Good luck - I'm sure they'll have something similar in the "cold food" section.

Taxes - getting my biz taxes done now. The fam's personal taxes done the end of this month.

Last edited by LMD; 03-16-2019 at 08:46 AM. Reason: add

Old 03-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

It is pretty here today but not as warm as I would prefer.

I just happy that I no longer have the business taxes to do. Personal, investment and rental income is more that enough for me.

The sad thing, if you want to look at it that way, is that I am paying more retired than when I was working. I realize most people won't feel my pain.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:47 PM
Contributing Member

Time to begin purging around the homestead. I've accumulated too much stuff over the years, and when the thought of renting a storage locker popped in my head, I knew I have too much junk.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

I have to agree. I got caught in that spot when we quickly sold a rental house in Dec of 2016. I had no room at the inn for the stuff in the house. Hated myself when I was forced to pay to store junk for 3 months.

I've since gone through and gotten rid of a truck load or two reasoning that even if I need it next month, buying new is cheaper than paying for storage.

For a natural born, well trained pack-rat that is really hard to do.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

I've got a little pack-rat in me too.

I've also got to move Junior's stuff from his current room in a student rental, to make a guest bedroom here at the homestead at the end of April since he's graduating. The trouble is, that room here, is currently an office/craft room right now, so I've got to figure out how its all going to fit.

Have you ever had to do something, and you stare at it trying to figure out how it's going to work, but for the life of you, absolutely nothing coming to mind. And, your aware of the lack of a solution which then compounds the whole matter even further? Well, that's me right now.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Have you ever had to do something, and you stare at it trying to figure out how it's going to work, but for the life of you, absolutely nothing coming to mind. And, your aware of the lack of a solution which then compounds the whole matter even further? Well, that's me right now.
Glaring at the forest won't get the trees cut down.

That's usually when I take a break, occupy my mind with something else and sooner or later a solution or at least an attempt at a solution pops into my mind.

That worked for me just yesterday trying to figure why my contacts did not transfer into my new phone. A couple of hours later I rephrased the search term and there was the answer for contacts and old text messages.

edit:
Quote:
so I've got to figure out how its all going to fit.
Wire shelving and about $100 in plastic totes with locking covers helped me with something similar.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Wire shelving and about $100 in plastic totes with locking covers helped me with something similar.
Everything in that room has to fit elsewhere in the house. The office "stuff" can move out to what the builders called " the media room" (which actually is an open common area on the second floor). But to do that, I've got to move/remove some of the "media area" stuff that is current out there now. The craft stuff can go in the basement. Where it'll go, I'm not sure yet.

But before I can move the office, I've got to get a new, but smaller desk (the current one is too big for the media area) and there's so much office "stuff" to get rid of (office supplies, software, hardware, cables, documents, manuals, tech books, marketing material/books, files etc) to reduce the space requirements in the media area. I'm just started the purging - sloooooooooowly.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby