Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-24-2018, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Small Business Advertising

You can't just build a website and expect your small business to grow. Within your research about your target audience you should have already learned which type of advertising works best for your target audience.

So with that information in hand have a look at these advertising ideas (beyond the traditional online advertising ideas).

Quote:
Advertising is a proven way to market your small business and gain customers and revenue.

But there are so many ways to advertise a small business, it can be confusing and overwhelming. To get the best return on your advertising spend, we compiled the insights and advice from a number of sources — from experts to small business owners, along with our Editors’ guidance...
Small Business Advertising Guide: How to Advertise a Small Business

Anyone with personal experience using these ideas please chime in.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2018, 11:28 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
You can't just build a website and expect your small business to grow. Within your research about your target audience you should have already learned which type of advertising works best for your target audience.

So with that information in hand have a look at these advertising ideas (beyond the traditional online advertising ideas).

Small Business Advertising Guide: How to Advertise a Small Business

Anyone with personal experience using these ideas please chime in.
They went through all those ad types, even newspaper ads... but didn't mention the bonuses of Facebook advertising? I mean sure, if you do not know what your doing you will lose money on Facebook ads. But if you spend maybe a few days researching how to do it right, you can put in literally $50, and make $300 before you even have to pay the $50.... These upfront high cost advertising methods like radio and newspaper are outdated unless you want to reach really old people.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMiller7 View Post
...advertising methods like radio and newspaper are outdated unless you want to reach really old people.
Speaking of so called outdated advertising methods...
Quote:
...Despite the proven benefits of digital marketing, there are several old-school marketing ideas worth investigating as well. Some of them, after testing, you may want to add to your panoply of winning strategies...
5 Old School Strategies To Improve Your Marketing

Old 04-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Speaking of so called outdated advertising methods...

5 Old School Strategies To Improve Your Marketing
Those are all good, and targeted cold calling is still the king for local service based businesses in my opinion. But newspapee and radio ads are just not cost effecient for almost every business.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

I still believe, if your business is rather new (or even established and you can take on more business), you don't mind networking face-to-face with like-minded business people, and can meet with them weekly, BNI (word-of-mouth-marketing) can work. It does takes a bit of time, effort and aligning with the right power-partners (plus about $1000 in joining costs the first year), but it can work rather well for almost any business. I was involved with that style of business networking for the better part of 18 years.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I still believe, if your business is rather new (or even established and you can take on more business), you don't mind networking face-to-face with like-minded business people, and can meet with them weekly, BNI (word-of-mouth-marketing) can work. It does takes a bit of time, effort and aligning with the right power-partners (plus about $1000 in joining costs the first year), but it can work rather well for almost any business. I was involved with that style of business networking for the better part of 18 years.
It can definitely be awesome for some, but for something like mine where I sell a niche highly technical software set for colorists, networking in my city syracuse NY, I would only meet 1-5 people in the city that could use the product to begin with. Although I am thinking I am gonna eventually within the year pivot to "Lightroom presets" which is like 30-50x larger market and not any more competition.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:39 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMiller7 View Post
It can definitely be awesome for some, but for something like mine where I sell a niche highly technical software set for colorists, networking in my city syracuse NY, I would only meet 1-5 people in the city that could use the product to begin with. Although I am thinking I am gonna eventually within the year pivot to "Lightroom presets" which is like 30-50x larger market and not any more competition.
I actually put my suggestion out there for other small business owners, both online and offline. Business networking isn't for everyone, and probably not for those with such a specific niche, such as yours.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I actually put my suggestion out there for other small business owners, both online and offline. Business networking isn't for everyone, and probably not for those with such a specific niche, such as yours.
Yeah I am just an ecomm site but its a perfect strat for any local based business selling services or B2B products for sure. When I did Video production as a company back in the day I did networking at business shows and in the BNI it worked out pretty good.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Closed Thread