Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Share |
Old 10-22-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2010 View Post
Like reminder cell phone alarm or other things?
Stuff like a photo of a nice home or a nice car I want. Pictures of my kids on my desk to remind me that more time with them is more important than time at work. Or to pay for their education. But I need money elseware to make that happen.

Also the fact that I hate working for someone else and always have is a great motivator.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member

What a WONDERFUL thread. Reading these posts definitely recharged my batteries. Thank you all.

What works for me on the most boring tasks is setting mini goals or quotas. I make them reasonable -- like making 5 new contacts a day or writing 1 new blog post -- so failure is not an option. Getting started is the most difficult, so these mini goals make it easier to "get off the dime."

If I've been "down" for more than a few days, I spruce up my work environment. Sometimes it's our surroundings that get us down -- like stacks of unfinished projects quietly nagging at us from a shelf or a carpet stain, dirty windows, faded paint -- whatever. Cleaning, straightening, rearranging, reorganizing can't hurt and may help adjust your attitude.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:45 PM

I always keep in mind my goals to stay focus at all times. I also think that I am a single mom and I have no one to depend on that's why I have to keep on working for my son's future. Last thing is that I always pray and ask for strength to face any obstacles in my life. Always put God first in your list if you want to succeed because it's not only the hard work that you have done but also the faith you have.

Last edited by snakeair; 10-22-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: use the signature feature

Old 10-22-2010, 04:47 PM

Forgot the forum, but I would read success stories of kids @ 13 making payroll. Aside from success stories, motivational music and taking a break. You can get burnt out quick, and that absolutely kills.

If you need a break, stressed out, whatever it maybe. Pop in a game Preferably counterstrike, I go out for blood!

Old 10-23-2010, 02:36 AM

Always get profit in business is not necessary but you don't loose your moral keep going man...

Old 10-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Banned

i always remember my goal wat i want to achieve then i started the work on project

Old 10-23-2010, 04:00 AM
Contributing Member

I am a family oriented person, always see the brighter side of whatever situation, love to see results. Other than that, spontaneous and of course I don't like to be idle in front of everyone. Keep Going!

Old 10-23-2010, 04:21 AM
Contributing Member

I feel that if you feel good about yourself and the job you're doing you will perform well no matter if it is a mundane or interesting job!

The key to remain motivatd at work is to the best of your ability. If this means learning more because you are hope to advance in the company.
You also can take evening courses in subjects to enhance your present skills. And as they say,Motivation is like bath...you need it daily.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Contributing Member

Knowing my why is a motivator for me. I believe I'm going to achieve these goals no matter what. I just keep plugging away a little at a time.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Contributing Member

The result is the only factor to motivate me. When seeing some good result (or saying earning good money....lol), then i will keep on working on it

Old 10-30-2010, 08:52 PM
v7n Mentor

I thought of this thread when I watched this video. The next time you are thinking about quitting or giving up maybe you should come back here and view this video.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...rman-ever.aspx It brought tears to my eyes. but I thought to myself what do I have to bitch about??

Old 10-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeplayer View Post
The result is the only factor to motivate me. When seeing some good result (or saying earning good money....lol), then i will keep on working on it
Good that you see some results coming in. With mine however, I am not earning anything but I continue to be motivated by passion.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Banned

I believe that work is always boring but money makes it interesting. You have to do the same type of work on a daily basis whether you are doing it online or not, this may often results in getting bored. At this time some enjoyment is needed and everyone has different things to enjoy, some enjoy at weekends and some in weedays and some even enjoy daily after finishing their work. However, social networking site have decreased the distance between friends.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Contributing Member

Do a regular review for your business plans and how far you've come so far to keep yourself up to date and motivated.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 PM

Things are never as bad as they seem.

1. Stay Positive in your thoughts - the glass is half full not half empty
2. Stay Positive in your words - don't speak the negative situation speak the positive future.
3. Call someone and encourage them
4. Realize set backs are only stepping stones foward - get ready for a come back

Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Talking Play Online Poker

I play Texas Holdem Poker when I'm bored with blogging..

While playing poker, I will tell myself WTF I'm doing here making virtual money when I can be making REAL money..

Back to blogging again...

Works every time.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:49 AM

yes, that's a good question, for me the main thing is to keep my goal in mind, it is not what I am doing at the moment, but why I am doing it, that is my drive :-)

Old 11-04-2010, 08:38 AM

I will look at some inspirational books, or look at some famous speech, to improve their positive, or have their own corporate culture, many ways

Old 11-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Contributing Member

One thing I realized last night that really gets me so motivated, is when my readers send me questions asking for an opinion or simply tell me how my sites help them through their life, studies or experiences. It is probably a big part of why we write, to effect lives of people around us or even far away, we all want to be seen, it is no crime, we all want to be known, and we all want to have good reputation, no matter in what way we want it. Having people telling you that they admire your work can really be a huge motivation that could push you miles forward, though that is not really something that YOU do, so I guess I got off the topic, but I wanted to share it as I realized it...

But hey, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful responses you guys have out there, I realize how small the world is, as going out and throwing everything away for a minute (or a week) always refreshes me, just like Mark and Jim. Reading success stories or imagining how things would turn out to be for me, like Nedox and Trentz. Having helpful, positive community around me like Rob, thinking about what (bigger) project I am doing next, just like Kris. Cleaning up the place and and organize my books just like Susan. And of course seeing people who have it so hard just like the story Weebitty shared, if my life was that hard, I wonder if I would have been able to do a thing. I am glad I got what I got, and it should be easier to go forward...

Old 11-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Motivation is a state of mind, sometimes I would imagine if things are going good, you might not be motivated enough and sometimes when you decide to achieve something, even though result might not be great initially, your motivation will take you there.

It is setting targets for yourself, long term and short term, also not over burdening yourself with work helps you remain motivated.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum