Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 11-27-2010, 05:40 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Where is the end of my page?!

I would like to add few links at the very end of one of my my home pages [egyptstore.tk]

I built this site when I started out way back in the day and left it behind, today I found it became PR2, so I want to use it for 3 way link exchange.

The problem is, I can't find out exactly where to put the links in the html page, I used a WYSIWYG software a long time ago to create it, and today I can't remember anything about the coding!

Please point out (using the View Source Code option) where exactly I should put a the code of a link or two at the very end of the page.

Thank you

Adam

Last edited by ~CReed; 11-27-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: formatting

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Contributing Member

Assuming you want to add the links to the right where it says more, you should find where you have
HTML Code:
<tr><td class="SlideMenu1_item" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#DAEAFF'" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFB400'"><a class="SlideMenu1_item_a" href="./Egyptian_Greeting_cards.html">Greeting cards</a></td></tr>
You can just copy the code form here and paste it right after that line of code. Just change the info before .html and change Greeting cards to be whatever the new link is.

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 11-27-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Contributing Member

Hello Duche,
Thank you for your time and effort, the prescribed method didn't work for me. Besides it is not exactly what I am looking for.
I want to add the normal link code <a href=”http://example.com”>Anchor Text</a> to the end of the page without any customized looks and without adding it to any group of menus on my page. The problem is, I can't locate where to put the code

Old 11-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

The site needs some work as it uses a combination of tables and divs and not very efficiently.

The following should be a quick solution:

<div id="bottomlink" style="position: absolute; left: 450px; top: 1250px; width:auto; height:auto"><a href=”http://example.com”>Anchor Text</a></div>

Paste it right above:

<div id="Html2" style="position: absolute; left: 306px; top: 141px; width: 157px; height: 92px; z-index: 39;">

You can play with the positioning to get it exactly where you want it to be. Let me know what happens.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:02 AM
Contributing Member

Wonderful! That did place the links down where I want them to be, thank you so much for that, but ironically, when I place the links, they don't point to www.example.com, they rather point to www.egyptstore.tk/www.example.com!!!
Any reason?

Old 12-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Contributing Member

Great!

This is what I see for the links when I download the page to my computer:

<a href="http://egyptstore.tk/%E2%80%9Dhttp://www.hurghada-hotels.info%E2%80%9D">Hurghada Hotels</a> | <a href="http://egyptstore.tk/%E2%80%9Dhttp://www.sharmdaytours.com/%E2%80%9D">Sharm Day Tours</a>

This is what's causing the issue. When I open the code in the browser, the quotes look different than other quotes. I'd suggest deleting the URLs and manually typing them back and making sure you use the quote " as you are using for other things rather than ” as you seem to be using for these links.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Contributing Member

Duche! You just saved my day! If that wouldn't be counted as if I am taking you for granted, can you please adjust the code so the font is a bit bigger, let's say 18 and before the links shows an <h3> headings saying External Links?

I am so thankful for your help, it is amazing to have some helpful guys like you around

Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Contributing Member

I copied this code from your site, modified the name and added the font size:

a.bottomlink:link{color: #3F2D1C;text-decoration: none;font-size: 18pt}
a.bottomlink:visited{color: #3F2C1B;text-decoration: none;font-size: 18pt}
a.bottomlink:active{color: #3F2C1B;text-decoration: none;font-size: 18pt}
a.bottomlink:hover{color: #3F2C1B;text-decoration: underline;font-size: 18pt}

Paste this anywhere on your page inside <style type="text/css">
tags.

Once you have that, just add class=bottomlink after <a for your links and that should give you the font size you want... You can play around with the size until you get something you like. You can also play with the color. Make sure you use web safe color(s).

As far as the H3, just add something similar such as h3 {text-decoration:underline;color: #3F2C1B;} inside a <style type="text/css"> tag again and you can just use <h3> something </h3>

Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK View Post
I am so thankful for your help, it is amazing to have some helpful guys like you around
Make sure and pay it forward when folks go this far out of their way for you.... Perhaps promoting one of his site on Twitter or Facebook.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

Thank you again, Duche, I learnt alot from you

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum