Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Support Forums > V7N Forum Support

V7N Forum Support Have a problem with the V7N Forums? Get support here.

Share |
Old 02-18-2016, 03:15 AM
Contributing Member

Number of posts decreased

Hi,

I had posted more than 50 posts. Yesterday it was more than 50 and to my surprise it has come down to 30 posts.

How my number of posts has decreased?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2016, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes when members miss the word quality in the statement "must have 50 quality posts" strange things happen and posts and count go missing.

We mods blame Inspector 12 who is the final quality control judge.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

Hey ScriptMan.
Thanks for replying. I completely understand this fact. Simultaneously, it would be better if the moderator have notified me about the deletion of my posts explaining the reason.

I think it's better to notify users when things like this happens. In my personal opinion this will enhance user experience simultaneously the forum's content quality.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Contributing Member

^^Why would they do that? It's our responsibility to read and follow their rules.

It was indicated in their rules.

Quote:
When you have reached 50 quality posts in the community, you may include up to 2 links in your signature file located within the User CP. Just remember that we do not allow affiliate links in the signature file, and no more than two links. Users may not sell their signature or avatar space. Any user found doing so will be banned. Links to poor quality neighborhoods will be removed at the discretion of the administrator.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaa987 View Post
Hey ScriptMan.
Thanks for replying. I completely understand this fact. Simultaneously, it would be better if the moderator have notified me about the deletion of my posts explaining the reason.

I think it's better to notify users when things like this happens. In my personal opinion this will enhance user experience simultaneously the forum's content quality.
I do tend to agree with you but that adds a lot of work to an unpaid position. Even though it does add work, I sometimes do it if I think the user has the potential to become a quality member.

BTW, I am not the one who canned your posts so please don't infer that I think you don't have potential.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Contributing Member

I agree with you ScriptMan, on the part of work that you have conveyed.

It's a matter of ego whether I think I have potential or not because of somebody's alteration to the posts written by me.

But yes this definitely bring a change in me while replying to other members or creating a new topic to concentrate on the quality part.

One more thing that I have noticed this morning is, I don't think "post quality" might be the reason to remove my post.

What I observed is all posts from me on day before yesterday(17th Feb) are all removed by somebody.

I believe I added really sensible posts and not just replied to increase the count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneconque View Post
^^Why would they do that? It's our responsibility to read and follow their rules.

It was indicated in their rules.
I strongly agree with you anneconque that it's a user's responsibility to take care of the quality part because in a big forum where millions of people access the place in a single day it is difficult to hand pick user's replies on a day to day basis.

Before creating this topic in the support forum I tried to figure out myself that, what might have led to this.

And I created this topic because yes I am confident that I already added quality posts which are no more now.

One more thing to remember is, we all are beginners in some aspects of area. Example: I am an expert in Embedde system and Linux but I am here to learn SEO, Webmaster stuffs, and blogging in which I am a beginner. In this case if you expect my posts (or take any other user's) to be expert like then my posts will be removed every other day because they will all have beginner level explanations or replies.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

As a former Super Moderator for many years, when I was super active on here, I looked out for the low quality posters who just here to boost there post count to get signature links or to be able to post links in posts. I would lower there post count because those other posts was either spam, 1 short sentence comment that was not helpful or the I AGREE replies. We have a REP system here that you can use to give props to members that you agree with there replies...etc

I removed there low quality posts that did not add any value to the current thread or ones that was completely off topic that did not help the thread creator. Most of the time, instead of warning right away, I sent a PM warning and explained about quality posts matter. It depends on the situation at hand.

I could go on and one in this thread but I'll just post 1 link that everyone should read before they start posting on this forum.. It could save you from getting banned 1 day.

http://www.v7n.com/forums/getting-st...uidelines.html

It's also the members duty to report threads/posts that you deemed to be of low quality and let the moderators discuss any action if needed. The moderators can't always read every single post on this forum but members can help the community out in a big way by trying to get these low quality posters to slowly improve and provide more detail posts.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Support Forums > V7N Forum Support