Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Share |
Old 11-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

Hmm, I'll take a look to those articles. And also, I haven't included RSS yet, mainly because I don't know how to implement an automatically updated RSS with php, and I will try to include it and see what happens.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
v7n Mentor

I really believe to make a successful website at the start you have to get friends and family and other people you know to help you out. Post topics yourself and ask your friends to post some too. Once they start posting topics they will then feed off each other and there will start to be a small community spirit between you and your friends and family. Then from search engines and word of mouth, it will spread and you'll get more members.

Then it's just a matter of putting fresh ideas from your members into practice and then splashing out advertising. Advertising should then consist of slowly building links with other websites of the same niche to you, by talking to other website owners and seeing about link swapping and maybe even submitting to link directories, but that's only after you have some decent content.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamoose View Post
Then from search engines and word of mouth, it will spread and you'll get more members.
You just have to make sure that you don't give up. I see so many admins with great ideas that end up quitting because their forum doesn't grow as fast as they want. In my opinion, that is the biggest mistake you could ever make!

Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWizard View Post
You just have to make sure that you don't give up. I see so many admins with great ideas that end up quitting because their forum doesn't grow as fast as they want. In my opinion, that is the biggest mistake you could ever make!
Would you think a year is a good time frame to use?

Old 11-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Contributing Member

I am running a Linux Support forum (located in my signature) and I am the only member on it. Of course I have posted to fill in the empty spaces on it to make it look a little busy but never going to trash it because I am still the only member. It's been up for 3 days now and a lot of advertising is being done, but I would say about 2-3 years it what it usually takes for a forum to really grow correctly and healthy (hopefully).

Old 12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning View Post
I am running a Linux Support forum (located in my signature) and I am the only member on it. Of course I have posted to fill in the empty spaces on it to make it look a little busy but never going to trash it because I am still the only member. It's been up for 3 days now and a lot of advertising is being done, but I would say about 2-3 years it what it usually takes for a forum to really grow correctly and healthy (hopefully).
That depends on who is advertising the forum. If Google opened up a general forum, I would guess that it would be pretty large and healthy within 30 days

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management