Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #81  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 PM
phpshoppy's Avatar
phpshoppy phpshoppy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 04-26-11
Posts: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I think you can use your keyword 2-5% on a particular page.
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #82  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 PM
linkbuilding5 linkbuilding5 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 04-25-11
Posts: 78
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Keyword density matter a lot in a web page. It should be vary in between 2 to 6%. You can use keywords by using permutation combination.
 
  #83  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
deepsand's Avatar
deepsand deepsand is offline
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascanda View Post
Keyword density should be 3% to 5 %. This method merely helps to increase the site relevancy to certain keywords on search engine eyes.
No, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpshoppy View Post
I think you can use your keyword 2-5% on a particular page.
no, and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbuilding5 View Post
Keyword density matter a lot in a web page. It should be vary in between 2 to 6%. You can use keywords by using permutation combination.
no.

If you are going to make claims re. acceptable ratios, then you need to substantiate those claims.

Everyone claims a different number; and, no one offers anything to back it up.

Empty opinions help no one.

__________________
 
  #84  
Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Shreya Mathur Shreya Mathur is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-18-11
Location: India
Posts: 159
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamax View Post
I heart somewhere somepeople say about 30-50% keywords .
It is totally spamming google will banned your sited if you do these kind of black hat stuff.

3-4% is good keyword density.
 
  #85  
Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Neal Morgan Neal Morgan is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-09-11
Location: Belper, Derbyshire
Posts: 52
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Dear Deepsand,
Whilst I have no interest in a public bum fight I would like to point something out.

On your signature line you are quoted "While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts." many people on here are expressing opinion and getting berated for it. I believe this could lead people to think you hypocritical.

You are quick to jump on people trying to answer a simple question to boost their ratings but you offer little constructive input yourself. May I suggest adding something positive to the forum.

(Moving on and playing nicely)

To reiterate something I have posted before. Wordpress has many plug-ins, one called Copy Compass will help you optimize your page, is seems to allure to a good keyword percentage of between 2 and 4%. Copy Compass will also help with many other parts of your SEO. including, title, description, reading level and structure.

Thank you for your time
Neal Morgan
 
  #86  
Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 AM
Raoucus's Avatar
Raoucus Raoucus is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-03-11
Location: Tualatin, Oregon, U.S.
Posts: 227
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Morgan View Post
Dear Deepsand,
Whilst I have no interest in a public bum fight I would like to point something out.

On your signature line you are quoted "While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts." many people on here are expressing opinion and getting berated for it. I believe this could lead people to think you hypocritical.

You are quick to jump on people trying to answer a simple question to boost their ratings but you offer little constructive input yourself. May I suggest adding something positive to the forum.

(Moving on and playing nicely)

To reiterate something I have posted before. Wordpress has many plug-ins, one called Copy Compass will help you optimize your page, is seems to allure to a good keyword percentage of between 2 and 4%. Copy Compass will also help with many other parts of your SEO. including, title, description, reading level and structure.

Thank you for your time
Neal Morgan
If you'd pay attention, Deepsand has thrown in his two cents more than enough times. I took the liberty of reading the whole thread since my last visit here (something many fail to do), and in no way is he being a hypocrite.

He's pointing out that, in all manner of speaking, keyword density is pointless. No, he will not say it outright (if he did, I can't remember, it's 2:30 AM here), and that is probably because one cannot be absolutely positive if keyword density is in fact a huge part of SE rank rank factors.

Now, as much as this is true, Deepsand made a good point early on in the thread. If you had paid attention and read the entire thread (which I'm sure you did not, since you claim that Deepsand has not positively contributed to this thread whatsoever), you would have noticed said good point:


Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
What a bunch of clap-trap here.

Do you people silently compute the word frequencies of your thoughts, and manipulate them before you speak?

  • a) NO - Then why think that doing so for an on-line page is going to be productive?
  • b) YES - You need to get a life.

__________________
The obvious (or maybe not-so-obvious) meaning of this post is that if you're trying to decide on so-called "keyword density", you should simply write copy that you yourself would enjoy reading as much as any other human being. Trying to cross your copy between both SE and human enjoyment is a dumb idea, and will result in less overall effectiveness in said copy.

Google says it all the time, "Design your sites for users more than search engines." It's not hard to grasp. I don't need to back that up, either. Anyone that has even the most basic intimacy with the SEO community will know this is a fact.

Please know your SEO before you misinform. It makes you look like a hypocrite following the post you just shot at Deepsand ;(

EDIT: oh, and another thing that Deepsand, once again, accurately nailed on the head: most of the people that have been posting in this thread since page one have simply been guessing "keyword density" percentages... or simply repeating previous guesses. It's not a science, and there's no way to know for sure what Google or any other search engine will bean you for in that area. That's why it's best practice to simply write for a reader, not for a search engine.

Starting to make sense?
 
  #87  
Old 04-28-2011, 04:07 AM
abisana abisana is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 04-08-11
Location: India, Manipur
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I am also new in this area and I was advised to use as less keyword as possible like 3-5 for 400 to 550 words article and should be spread in good consistency all over the article.

anyway I am still learning.
 
  #88  
Old 04-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Neal Morgan Neal Morgan is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-09-11
Location: Belper, Derbyshire
Posts: 52
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Oh Raoucus,
You have, i'm afraid chosen to focus on one part of my post. My point and the part that brings in the hypocritical element is that whilst one can have a signature line stating we are all entitled to our opinion, one can't then bereft people for "sharing" that opinion.

I grant you Deepsand has added more that 2 cents in the early part of this thread the last few pages are mainly non constructive. I also grant you that I may not have added a huge amount but i'm not jumping up and down on those new to the forum and wishing to up their post count, on what is evidently a totally pointless thread as we all know keywords are one part of a very large and (r)evolving wheel.

If I have misinformed anyone on any part of SEO I am sorry, I can't see that I have and as you have read this thread in it's entirety and I apparently haven't please point those "opinions" out, i'll be happy to retract

You are totally correct that we all should be writing our content to be useful to people, as we know when we talk about something we are passionate about we add than into our conversation repeatedly to get our point across without flooding the issue.

PS: i have a small collection of iced buns and choc eclairs at my disposal.
 
  #89  
Old 04-28-2011, 11:17 AM
rising_sun rising_sun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 12-26-10
Posts: 107
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yeah, I think this is one of the best and brilliant tactics described by the threader and it will help article submitter a lot.
 
  #90  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Raoucus's Avatar
Raoucus Raoucus is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-03-11
Location: Tualatin, Oregon, U.S.
Posts: 227
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Morgan View Post
Oh Raoucus,
You have, i'm afraid chosen to focus on one part of my post. My point and the part that brings in the hypocritical element is that whilst one can have a signature line stating we are all entitled to our opinion, one can't then bereft people for "sharing" that opinion.

I grant you Deepsand has added more that 2 cents in the early part of this thread the last few pages are mainly non constructive. I also grant you that I may not have added a huge amount but i'm not jumping up and down on those new to the forum and wishing to up their post count, on what is evidently a totally pointless thread as we all know keywords are one part of a very large and (r)evolving wheel.

If I have misinformed anyone on any part of SEO I am sorry, I can't see that I have and as you have read this thread in it's entirety and I apparently haven't please point those "opinions" out, i'll be happy to retract

You are totally correct that we all should be writing our content to be useful to people, as we know when we talk about something we are passionate about we add than into our conversation repeatedly to get our point across without flooding the issue.

PS: i have a small collection of iced buns and choc eclairs at my disposal.
You have, I'm afraid, not taken in the entire point of this forum if you think I'm only paying attention to one part of your post

Of course his later posts became less "helpful"; it was simply him repeating the same thing over and over again to try and stave off pointless posts. People kept posting keyword percentages and such, but did not back it up. SEO is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of precise calculation, experimentation and supporting evidence in order to help the community grow and become more effective in the application of SEO. Therefore, your comment about "we're entitled to our opinions" is somewhat obsolete in this matter; Google's algorithm is not an opinion, it's a mathematical calculation set in place to bring on the most relevant content to searchers everywhere.

Again, if you had read the entire thread, you would have noticed that pattern and understood why he started just telling people, "No, no, no, where's your proof, how do you know that for sure, can we see some evidence to back it up, etc., etc.."

Now, to attend to your comment about new members "trying to up their post count", that's not what this forum is about. If you had taken the time to read the rules in the welcome board (yet again, not paying attention), you would know that V7N is not about getting post count. It's about quality, high-value posts that contribute more than just a number to the forum. If you're posting just to increase your post count, you shouldn't be here, plain and simple.

Besides, the people that keep posting the same redundant "advice" either aren't reading the thread all the way through (yet another habit the established mods and members around here encourage), or just don't care. Therefore, they are giving everyone useless "advice" that does not further the thread or this community in any way. As I stated above, V7N is all about quality, value, that sort of thing. I believe Deepsand is justified in shutting down these, for lack of a better word, "spammers" in their quest to simply get more posts on their number.

EDIT: now please go read the rules, and let's get this thread back on topic. I don't feel like going on about what Deepsand said; if his actions had been wrong in the first place, one of the mods surely would have cut in. I get the feeling they will cut into us here soon if we keep up. Moving on!

Last edited by Raoucus; 04-28-2011 at 01:14 PM.
 
  #91  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:58 PM
cheese cheese is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-23-11
Location: Cheese Factory
Posts: 228
iTrader: 0 / 0%
h1 should be used for your main keywords.
h2 should be used for your sub headers.
h3 should be used for your sub sub headers.
Anything lower then h3(h4,h5...etc) should not be used because their is no added weight in the search engines.
 
  #92  
Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Raoucus's Avatar
Raoucus Raoucus is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-03-11
Location: Tualatin, Oregon, U.S.
Posts: 227
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
h1 should be used for your main keywords.
h2 should be used for your sub headers.
h3 should be used for your sub sub headers.
Anything lower then h3(h4,h5...etc) should not be used because their is no added weight in the search engines.
This is not true.

Matt Cutts has stated himself that Google accounts for every header, just use them where they make sense. Headers aren't keyword lists, they're a way to organize the page for ease of use. I'm pretty sure any search engine worth it's hype also does the same as Google in this area.

Now, if you have some kind of evidence to support your claim of search engines not caring about the lesser headers, I'd love to see it. I base a lot of my readability / SEO efforts on headers, since most of my posts content decides the headers. If I am in fact wrong, I'd like to be proven so!
 
  #93  
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 PM
deepsand's Avatar
deepsand deepsand is offline
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreya Mathur View Post
It is totally spamming google will banned your sited if you do these kind of black hat stuff.
Keyword stuffing is not Black Hat; and, will not get your site banned from the SERPs.

It just isn't going to be of benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreya Mathur View Post
3-4% is good keyword density.
Proof, please.

__________________
 
  #94  
Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 PM
deepsand's Avatar
deepsand deepsand is offline
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Morgan View Post
Dear Deepsand,
Whilst I have no interest in a public bum fight I would like to point something out.

On your signature line you are quoted "While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts." many people on here are expressing opinion and getting berated for it. I believe this could lead people to think you hypocritical.
They are taken to task for presenting opinion as though it were fact.

When questions such as this are raised, it is not that the inquisitor asks out of simple curiosity as to what opinions others hold, but rather that he seeks factual guidance for his future acts.

In such case, opinions are worth no more than the facts that support them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Morgan View Post
You are quick to jump on people trying to answer a simple question to boost their ratings but you offer little constructive input yourself. May I suggest adding something positive to the forum.
Did you miss my advice that one simply write for the human visitor, in the same manner as you would speak to one face to face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Morgan View Post
To reiterate something I have posted before. Wordpress has many plug-ins, one called Copy Compass will help you optimize your page, is seems to allure to a good keyword percentage of between 2 and 4%.
Be that as it may, the fact remains that the nature of the content itself will determine what is and is not a statistically normal word distribution.

In practice, that requires that one 1) have available a database of word frequencies for a wide variety of document types; 2) be able to accurately categorize the document being examined; and, 3) have available an analyzer that functions in a manner identical to the one which created said database.

__________________
 
  #95  
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
deepsand's Avatar
deepsand deepsand is offline
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Morgan View Post
I grant you Deepsand has added more that 2 cents in the early part of this thread the last few pages are mainly non constructive.
Most posters come across a thread simply because a recent post has bumped it to the top of the "New Posts" screen.

Most then do little more than to skim the opening post before posting themselves; many do no more than simply read the Title!

The result is that the overwhelming posts are neither well informed nor well thought out. And, with the passage of time, the proportion of hit-and-run posters grows in direct proportion to the length of the thread.

There eventually comes a time when the best use of time is, not to repeat all that the interested poster wants and needs to know, but rather to point out to latecomers what is to be ignored by virtue of being factually erroneous.

At the extreme, a Moderator will Lock a thread, simply because the only thing being added by hit-and-run posters are the counts to their posting history.

__________________
 
  #96  
Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
deepsand's Avatar
deepsand deepsand is offline
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetamy View Post
Try keyword density formula ... you can easily find it.
The OP's question was, not how keyword density is measured, but what the acceptable range of that density is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rising_sun
Yeah, I think this is one of the best and brilliant tactics described by the threader and it will help article submitter a lot.
Precisely what is "this?"

Having answered that, what is this "tactic" used for, and how?

Lastly, what makes "this" such a "brilliant" tactic?

__________________
 
  #97  
Old 04-29-2011, 03:52 AM
Banners Mall Banners Mall is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-03-11
Posts: 338
iTrader: 0 / 0%
In search engine optimization (SEO) keyword density is the measurement in percentage of the number of times a particular keyword or phrase appears compared to the total number of words in a page.Between 3-5%.

Last edited by Banners Mall; 04-29-2011 at 03:56 AM.
 
  #98  
Old 04-29-2011, 04:17 AM
Raoucus's Avatar
Raoucus Raoucus is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-03-11
Location: Tualatin, Oregon, U.S.
Posts: 227
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banners Mall View Post
In search engine optimization (SEO) keyword density is the measurement in percentage of the number of times a particular keyword or phrase appears compared to the total number of words in a page.Between 3-5%.
I hate to pry, but what exactly does this do in advancing the thread? I'm pretty sure anyone that takes the time to read the thread will know what keyword density is... and where is your proof that 3-5% is a good amount? I sure would love to see some evidence to partner with this claim
 
  #99  
Old 04-29-2011, 04:32 AM
lholland lholland is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 04-04-11
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia V View Post
True enough ... but Keword density is not something to be obsessed with as many still do.

About 5 years ago I stopped measuring single page keyword density and now focus on domain Keyword density in titles and link anchors. At the domain level, google looks at the theme of the entire domain based on keywords.

- Drop your keywords 1-2 times in the title
- the URL when possible
- and a few times on the page and your set

I believe we have all seen pages with obscenely high keyword density rank in the top 3 just as often as pages with a lower keyword density.

Google is more concerned with how much people like your page/domain. If a user reaches your domain for a given search term such as "girls toys" and spends a lot of time there... the page will rank well no matter what the keyword density.

if a user reaches a page with whatever you consider to be perfect keyword density... and instantly bounces to the next result. It won't matter that the keyword density is perfect - the user did not agree and that is what google judges.

No offense... keyword density is basically a 90s' factor. Everyone is always looking for a perfect setup and there isn't one with every site being different. Drop your keywords in the areas I mentioned and then focus on optimizing your entire domain.

Lets say you have a domain that has 100 pages and 80% of the page titles have the keywords "womens' health". Then you toss in a page with with perfect keyword density on "girls toys". Although the 2 may be similar from a shopping prospective... ultimately the domain is 80% about "womens' health" and 1 maybe 2% about "Girls Toys".

Your chances of rising to the top of the term "Girls Toys". is low because the domain is primarily about "womens' health".

Bottom line: don't obsess about small factors like keyword density. Look at your site as a whole and optimize that.
But how would Google know that a visitor is bounced back to next result ...I do not think Bouncing rate of a page has anything to do with the ranking of that page. Google itself says that they do not use websites internal stats like bouncing rate etc in their ranking algorithms.
 
  #100  
Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Raoucus's Avatar
Raoucus Raoucus is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-03-11
Location: Tualatin, Oregon, U.S.
Posts: 227
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by lholland View Post
But how would Google know that a visitor is bounced back to next result ...I do not think Bouncing rate of a page has anything to do with the ranking of that page. Google itself says that they do not use websites internal stats like bouncing rate etc in their ranking algorithms.
I'm not arguing your point here, but could you provide proof of said Google statement? I am not familiar with Google's policies on internal website stats and would like to know a little more about it.

Maybe a video? Or a blog post? Or something along those lines?
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to set keyword density ? sonia2 SEO Forum 6 08-14-2010 02:42 AM
Keywords proximity and keywords density ? aleenab2b SEO Forum 6 06-25-2010 01:40 AM
Web Tool site analysis to Check PR, Keywords position and density turifungia SEO Forum 5 03-16-2009 02:43 AM
Keyword density: Recommended keyword density ablaye SEO Forum 15 05-29-2006 06:06 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC