Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-27-2017, 02:58 AM
Contributing Member

Is on-page optimization don't need to full extent?

I have some where told by an SEO strategist that on page optimization is not much needed, actually i approached him with webmaster tools site errors, and he responded me in the way not to worry about it and said me to focus more on off-page optimization (backlinks from authority websites)

is really on-page optimization to full extent is not needed? I request SEO forum members to share their experiences.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2017, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Well I totally disagree with the advise you were given.

I concentrate on on-site and on-page SEO first plus accessibility and quality content first and foremost. My content earns backlinks from authority websites.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan kumar View Post
I have some where told by an SEO strategist that on page optimization is not much needed, actually i approached him with webmaster tools site errors, and he responded me in the way not to worry about it and said me to focus more on off-page optimization (backlinks from authority websites)

is really on-page optimization to full extent is not needed? I request SEO forum members to share their experiences.
Ya, this type of bad advice is from someone who is clearly unexperienced (kindest word I could think of) and probably read some poor advice on a loosely moderated forum somewhere, in a post made by someone equally as green.

Get your house in order first, then worry about off-page. Sheesh!

Old 05-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Contributing Member

The advice can't be agreed with. Both on-page and off-page activities are required to be performed equally as well as the content is king which earns back-links and generate traffic.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:53 AM
Contributing Member

From both of them, on-page optimizations matter the most, you will not the benefit of off-page activities if you on-page is not good.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yup, your website will get indexed and will rank a little bit without on page optimization if you have some good links to your website.

But, your ranking wouldn't improve. You would be like why isn't my website going up ? and this would be the time you'll recognise the importance of on-page seo

Quote:
SEO Strategist, i sometime feel there should be a degree or some kind of certificate given by a community or an institution which can certify this person knows something !! These days every second person is a SEO strategist and they don't even know what canonical tag is !!

Old 05-29-2017, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

They're both important.

I would say that most people focus on on-page optimization. They have their keywords and everything on their page, but they have no traffic coming to their site because they have no backlinks at all.

I consider the backlinking or the off-page SEO to be much trickier. Maybe this why there is so many who focus on on-page.

But here's the thing, you shouldn't throw away either of the strategies. Good SEO takes a comprehensive approach.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:41 PM
Contributing Member

That strategies don't know SEO. It is more about ON page than off page.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:47 AM

Onpage optimization is very important because some of my posts get ranked only due to onpage optimization there are no backlinks has been build for those posts. On-page and off-page SEO work together to improve your search engine rankings. Onpage SEO is the a foundation while Offpage is SEO is a building.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

LOL .... SEO strategist my arse!

To begin with quality content and proper on-site SEO is what gets top rankings. Spamming up the net does not help as much as you think and it does waste a great deal of time. Those paying these wannabee SEOers money to spam up the net are stupid!

Now with that said - Not all websites require SEO or full on-site SEO. It depends upon the site. Some sites are built for temporary reasons and not meant to stay (ie: blowout sale on an item, a limited concert, and etc).

Quote:

Old 07-22-2017, 06:27 AM

A site with higher DA and better backlinks but little on page optimization will rank higher on specific keywords then a site with lower DA, fewer backlinks but with better on page optimization. On page optimization matters the most when you are "fighting" with another site that ranks similar with yours.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

i think that advice given by one of your competitor (or) enemy,
Because google first looks into on-page seo later on off-page seo onsideration.
because without understanding of on-page optimization (Title & meta description, Headings & Image with alt tags). how google given in search list.
off-page seo help to improve serp rankings.
on page seo is the way to find your content ( search keywords )

Old 07-22-2017, 08:52 AM

Backlinks are definitely more important. A highly optimized webpage with no links won't really go anywhere, but a badly optimized page with links may do well. There is no reason not to optimize though and get the best of both worlds IMO.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread