Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 AM

Help! Concentrate on one site, or three for possible better revenue?

Hello,

I am just pulling my hair out and I have a good head of hair. LOL

I have three excellent names (moldytoast.com, complaintbucket.com and ucanmix.com) and I need to go to my investors with a plan.

Complaintbucket.com has been up for approx. 1 week and the model is self explaining. Moldytoast.com has been around for over 1 year and we tried various ideas (social site similar to myspace); however traffic was dismal and to be honest I don't think there will be another myspace. Lastly, ucanmix.com - a place where professional bartenders and the basement bartender can learn more drinks.

I am flighty with these ideas and I find it difficult to concentrate on one site. Maybe I need webmaster counseling? LOL.

Thanks all.

Last edited by moldytoast; 08-28-2008 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Spelling error.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Are you working solo or as part of a team? Do you have staff to handle your marketing?

If not, I strongly suggest creating a plan for your most promising site first and give it complete attention. Marketing is a very involved procedure, and it's best to get one thing successful before focusing on another.

Good luck

Old 08-28-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrtuks View Post
Are you working solo or as part of a team? Do you have staff to handle your marketing?

If not, I strongly suggest creating a plan for your most promising site first and give it complete attention. Marketing is a very involved procedure, and it's best to get one thing successful before focusing on another.

Good luck
Thanks. I am not sure what domain is the most attractive for my project (s)? With moldytoast.com we'd like to create a social site for hospitality professionals worldwide. I have been in the hospitality business for over 25 years and I know the business. I have clients (they own three restaurants) that might give money for the project; however. They probably will not give money for complaintbucket.com for they know nothing about that subject.

You see- I am in a tight spot. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by Kream; 08-28-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

Well, for what its worth, i have recently slimmed down my portfolio, removed some of the dead wieght and focused on the more prominant sites. I do think 3 isnt much, you should be able to handle those on your own, i focus on about 10 sites, of course it depends on the size of the sites, mine are relatively small ranging from 10 pages to 800 pages.

The other posters are right though, you need to focus your ideas and make a plan for each site, i agree.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:29 PM

well i feel like the name moldy toast would be something way more like an ebaumsworld or newgrounds, it sounds like it would have awesomely funny content on it, doesn't really sound like a hospitality domain name. maybe you could try entering a new field?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:50 PM

I guess the point is the name is unique and it has a catch. When I tell folks Moldytoast - they are like "what was that again? I'll go there just to see what it is!" That's the response that I get. I'm not sure about another ebaums site or any kind of video sharing except a complete social site.

Damn, I am soooooooooooo confused. Where's the couch? I need to lay down. LOL.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:31 PM

haha i felt like you when i first started making a website, i think i layed down every 15 minutes pulling my hair out. i know it sounds really enticing but i think when people go they expect something to match the name something unique with a catch. if you can build a social site that has those qualities then it will work out i think.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji246 View Post
haha i felt like you when i first started making a website, i think i layed down every 15 minutes pulling my hair out. i know it sounds really enticing but i think when people go they expect something to match the name something unique with a catch. if you can build a social site that has those qualities then it will work out i think.
I think what I need to do is a market research. There are hospitality sites out there; however not with this type of name - CATCHY. LOL.

Now, complaintbucket.com is unique and the market is HUGE - 4.5 billion huge. All humans complain, even in sign language.

Again, you see my delima? Two great names and a group of investors who want answers. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Last edited by moldytoast; 08-28-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 PM

okay i know i should probably research this before i ask you but i want your specific answer. what exactly is a hospitality site to you?

second of all what type of answers do your investors want. it seems to me that you could explain to them what you just pitched to me about complaintbucket. sure it is off of their field but even they like to complain, i like to complain and i would love to put a bucket over my head and just scream all of my complaints about how stupid the world can be. i think that would make a great logo for your site, a pair of shoulders of a person with a bucket on their head and vibrations coming out like screams inside of the bucket or something. see what i'm getting at with that? heh i think if you could just explain to your investors exactly what you said they would agree and you would get your investments.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
okay i know i should probably research this before i ask you but i want your specific answer. what exactly is a hospitality site to you?

second of all what type of answers do your investors want. it seems to me that you could explain to them what you just pitched to me about complaintbucket. sure it is off of their field but even they like to complain, i like to complain and i would love to put a bucket over my head and just scream all of my complaints about how stupid the world can be. i think that would make a great logo for your site, a pair of shoulders of a person with a bucket on their head and vibrations coming out like screams inside of the bucket or something. see what i'm getting at with that? heh i think if you could just explain to your investors exactly what you said they would agree and you would get your investments.
I love your idea about the bucket! Funny stuff. I'll do that today.

I'll pitch it and see what they say -it's worth a try.

Thanks again and I hope others too give opionions too.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:23 AM

Ok, I did change the header. It looks funny. Thanks.

complaintbucket.com

Last edited by StarLab; 08-29-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:11 PM

HAH! geniously executed! i wish i could show everyone on this site....hmm but the best i could do is recommend you get up to 50 posts, which is pretty easy if you try it in the off topic forum and then put the URL in your sig. man that is good stuff! well done, you brought out my vision and made it even better! for some reason i don't feel like anyone else is any longer looking or reading this thread.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
HAH! geniously executed! i wish i could show everyone on this site....hmm but the best i could do is recommend you get up to 50 posts, which is pretty easy if you try it in the off topic forum and then put the URL in your sig. man that is good stuff! well done, you brought out my vision and made it even better! for some reason i don't feel like anyone else is any longer looking or reading this thread.
Hey, you inspired me. LOL.

Go ahead, put the topic in a off topic forum.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM

I just read about the 50 post requirement. Now that's funny. Other forums will allow signatures without having to reach a 50 post minimum. OMG. I like it here and there must be a reason; however personally I find it ridiculous. Just my opinion.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:47 PM

well truth be told that if somone had less than 50 posts they are not likely to get any traffic from that anyways

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum