Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Share |
Old 10-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Contributing Member

How to convince people to join my community blog?

Hey, folks!

I recently activated BuddyPress plugin and build my Wordpress blog as community blog. I plan to make it as blogging community which allows bloggers to share knowledge and experience in the community.

I have create some forum posts, but because it's too new not many people what to join the community.

Is there any idea to attract new member?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimseasok View Post
Hey, folks!

I recently activated BuddyPress plugin and build my Wordpress blog as community blog. I plan to make it as blogging community which allows bloggers to share knowledge and experience in the community.

I have create some forum posts, but because it's too new not many people what to join the community.

Is there any idea to attract new member?
Start creating fresh and topic's related to what people are currently trying to accomplish as a blogger. About getting members, it's not easy starting a forum from scratch with no visitor base. Make sure you do SEO on the forum itself and start promoting it online.

Add link in your signature on forums you belong to, make quality replies on those forums helping people with detailed advice showing that you know your stuff when it comes to blogging and perhaps they join your forum to ask more questions.

Perhaps pay someone to write a press release about the forum. Great way to announce the forum and get some backlinks if you hire invest money into a press release distribution service.

Write a few guest blog posts on blog's similar to your forum's niche. Don't self promote in the blog post itself but add a link to your forum in your author resource box or just mention the official forum name some people can google it for URL.

For people to join your forum, you need to establish yourself online as an expert and people will soon follow you. I've had success using Facebook advertising and that might be an option to target bloggers of all likes.

Do you own a blog? How did you get traffic to your blog in the first place? Rinse and repeat those methods.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:08 AM

Stick to your niche, and develop good quality content, you should include often asked questions in your niche and provide a detailed answers to those questions; the answers should be easy to read. At the same time do SEO to rank your website in search engines for those content.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:35 AM

Aware people about your blog, advertise it. For eg: create youtube videos, infographics, use social media like FB, G+, twitter etc.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion