Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Share |
Old 10-23-2017, 09:36 AM

Need help with blog traffic. Tried lots of things already, still little success!

HI,
I have this blog litlisted.com, and I started it around 10 months back. It has over 100 good content articles, and we are active on lots of social media sites. I have been doing backlinking from time to time. Still I am not getting apt traffic. What more can I do?
SEO is done as well, and we only publish verified and good articles. Its quite demotivating now, any ideas on what might work?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanu View Post
HI,
I have this blog litlisted.com, and I started it around 10 months back. It has over 100 good content articles, and we are active on lots of social media sites. I have been doing backlinking from time to time. Still I am not getting apt traffic. What more can I do?
SEO is done as well, and we only publish verified and good articles. Its quite demotivating now, any ideas on what might work?
I'm a little confused. You are handing out advice on how to get more traffic over here:

Quote:
You should have good content on your site - this will help drive traffic and build returning visitors. Read about terms such as CPC and also experiment with ad types and ad positions on your blog/site.
http://www.v7n.com/forums/adsense/42...ml#post2311433 but it seems your own advice isn't working for yourself??

Old 10-23-2017, 10:07 AM

Actually I first went through similar topics on the forum to look for answers. But these were some solutions provided in the replies to the similar threads, and coz I have been doing them already and getting no success, I was hoping that there might be some other factor which could help me.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Actually I first went through similar topics on the forum to look for answers. But these were some solutions provided in the replies to the similar threads, and coz I have been doing them already and getting no success, I was hoping that there might be some other factor which could help me.
At 12:20, you post advice about "content" and how it can drive traffic to a site, but then 6 minutes later at 12:36, you are asking for help with the same issue you give as advice. I'm not understanding your timeline or logic.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:46 AM

The advice I posted was for someone who has not tried the things that I have. Those things might help him, but in my case they are not helping, and hence I need a little advanced helping factor!

Old 10-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
The advice I posted was for someone who has not tried the things that I have. Those things might help him, but in my case they are not helping, and hence I need a little advanced helping factor!
Hit-n-miss advice isn't advice at all - especially when you come off trying to be a point of reason, when you are in fact, not. You should tell all of the facts, such that your efforts utilizing your own advice didn't work out for you as you have since stated. But then, it wouldn't come off looking so well for you, and your advice, would it?

If you need help, as you indicate in your last post, state what you have tried and the results. Don't try and come off as a point of knowledge, when you clearly are not.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:06 PM

You are beating around the bush instead of trying to provide any helpful answer! I have stated my query in clear words, and none of your replies seem to help in anyway!
The things I have tried have worked for a lot of people in the blogging niche, but not for me! Hence I have stated it with "results", in simple words that "i am not getting much success".

Old 10-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member

@shamu, I'm not beating around any bush. I've been pointing out and quoting you from a previous post you made. You clearly don't seem to "get it". Read your own advice you were dolling out prior to asking for help. I've actually "bolded" the type below for easier reading. Where in your post does it state that the advice you are handing out didn't work for you?

Quote:
You should have good content on your site - this will help drive traffic and build returning visitors. Read about terms such as CPC and also experiment with ad types and ad positions on your blog/site.
Why should I go out of my way to try and help someone who pretends to know things that they know little to nothing about!

Ramble on if it makes you feel better, but there's no help coming from me or most likely anyone else here who knows your type.

Last edited by LMD; 10-23-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Old 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM

Thanks for nothing! It's pretty clear that you seem to have little to no idea about what i need help with... but I am still amazed why you are replying to this thread anyway!

Quote:
HI,
Here, please read the bold part from the current thread. Why are you so interested in my response to some other thread, is something beyond the scope of this one!

Old 10-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Here, please read the bold part from the current thread. Why are you so interested in my response to some other thread, is something beyond the scope of this one!
At this point, you are not even worth the time Shamu because, clearly you are above help. I'll take one more stab at trying to give you some clarity.

Your issue is that you first give out advice about traffic, and how to get it - then 10 minutes later you post something about needing need help getting traffic to your own site. It's not that difficult to understand the timing and logic of your posting issue. Well, for you maybe it is.

Last edited by LMD; 10-23-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: trying to dumb things down for understanding

Old 10-23-2017, 08:03 PM

Ok, even I am going to take one chance making my point clear to you!
I gave advice on traffic to someone else a few minutes before creating this thread... I mentioned their that to begin with, quality content is a must. That is the requirement to bind up visitors to a site!

Now in this particular thread, I am stating that I have tried a lot of things that I have mentioned. Now I do have traffic, but not upto the mark as per what I must be having on the stage I have reached! So I am looking for some additional suggestions that might be able to help me boost my traffic further.

So can you help me with some suggestions which I can put to use in this scenario?!

Old 10-24-2017, 05:22 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
So can you help me with some suggestions which I can put to use in this scenario?!

Ok, firstly, I'm not going to assess your site. I have better things to do with my time, but since you asking for help, I'll just refer to your original points.

Your "100 good articles" may not be good. They may even suck, hence, little traffic.

Your backlinks are probably neutral or even suck. Maybe you are hoping for organic juice, and are missing opportunities for click-thru traffic - hence, traffic sucks.

The keywords you are vying for may be too lofty. Hence, poor SERPs, and little traffic.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion